MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microeditor Software > Microsound Workstation Open Forum

Microsound Workstation Open Forum General postings about Microsound workstations.

Closed Thread

Old June 23rd, 2002, 07:19 AM

Question Old MTU user trying to re-install

I saw a reply to a post here from Bryan Cox. I assume you are maybe Dave's son? If so, please tell your father hi for me...I hope he is well.

Please help me if you can. I find myself having to resurrect a project done in MicroEditor many years ago, thus I am trying to install my old system in a new PC. I keep getting the following message:

"Input past end of file occured during MicroEditor setup".

I half expect that it's because I'm trying to install a version that is not compatible with Win98. The last version I have is 2.60 and it is a manual install which requires first installing version 2.50.

My system board is a revJ with the desktop I/O and I also have the MicroSync board.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Jim Boling
Old June 23rd, 2002, 11:34 PM
Administrator

Hi Jim, Dave here...

Jim, I'm not sure of this error message. It sounds like two possibilities.

1. The Imput past end of File" sounds like a segments is pointing to a location beyond the end of the SF or WAV file it points to. If you can open the project at all, this might be the problem. It can be solved by NOT DELETING offending segments when the project opens, then moving the end marker on each segment that might be the offender. It will instantly jump to the left, equal to the true end of the SF/WAV file.

2. If you can't open the project at all, it might be an installation problem. I don't know if 2.5 or 2.6 will run on Win95/98. I know 2.7 will.
Old June 24th, 2002, 12:14 AM

Lightbulb

Thanks for your prompt reply!

Sorry, I guess I wan't very clear. The error message occurs at the start of the installation.

"Input past end of file occured during MicroEditor setup".

It happens in the 1st phase of the install process.

Jim
Old August 10th, 2002, 02:23 PM

Question same problem here...

I'm using an old copy of microeditor and have the same problem as well...Under win98 i can't get it to install, same problem and error message as previous post. I'm using microeditor 2.5. I wish there was a fix for this other than shelling out cash for an upgrade. It is increasingly harder and harder to find anyone with a copy of win95! I'll keep trying and see if this fixes it, however I'm worried that my computer with XP on it won't shake hands on the network with a 95 computer, 98 it will....but 95 who knows. How much would it cost to go up to the lowest version of a microeditor that would install and work under win98 SE?

Look forward to a response so i can get my studio up and running again!

Thanks - Chris

PS- Even old 2.5 is better than alot of stuff out there today love it!
Closed Thread