MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old July 18th, 2006, 05:12 PM

Error: Serial Number doesn't match Registration Information

I have been using MicroStudio for some time. All of a sudden I try to start the program and I get this error.

Following the instructions, I reinstalled the program. Same problem. Now what?

Note: Once a program is installed it should work and continue to work indefinitely. This error should NOT show up under any conditions.
Old July 18th, 2006, 07:45 PM

Deleted by George...wrong forum
Old July 18th, 2006, 07:52 PM

Incorrect

This IS the CORRECT forum. The problem is with MicroStudio. This forum concerns MicroStudio.
Old July 18th, 2006, 09:45 PM

Nobody said you were in the wrong forum...I posted in the wrong forum and deleted my post.

Your assumption makes absolutely no sense when you consider your post was not deleted,and it was the only post there.

Last edited by George; July 18th, 2006 at 09:51 PM.
Old July 18th, 2006, 10:48 PM

What a mess

I saw somewhere in the forums that I had to uninstall and then reinstall the program to solve the problem. Someone else did this with success.

So I followed the instructions. I uninstalled the program. Then as part of the re-installation process it required me to make a floppy disk and run it on a computer that is connected to the Internet.

Upon doing this in the second computer I got a message saying the run*.exe file could not run on the computer due to computer restrictions! Huh? It also erased one of the three files on the floppy.

Then I decided to have the original computer (where the program is to be installed) connect to the Internet. I got the same stupid message.

So I decided to start the process all over and erased the files on the floppy. I tried to run the installation again and it does absolutely nothing. It gets to the screen saying to insert a floppy but when hitting "finish" the floppy is blank. The installation program does not activate the floppy drive at all. It seems as if the program does not want to be installed at all now.

MicroStudio was installed on this computer before and it worked for a long time. There are NO restrictions on my computer to prevent the program on the floppy to run. There are NO restrictions on the other computer either.

What now?