MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old September 24th, 2004, 11:49 AM

Question How can I burn my kma's to be a cdg....?

I bought microstudio thinking i could burn my kma's to a disc. I mean, I run karaoke, but have thought about doing a show w/my cousin w/ karaoke background. I have my cd's to use w/microstudio, but actually, some of the older cd's that wouldn't play before I was able to get to work with hoster. Is there any way of making these kma files into discs. I thought microstudio did this...do I need khp?
Old September 24th, 2004, 12:32 PM

Re: How can I burn my kma's to be a cdg....?

currently, Microstudio does not convert KMA to CDG. However, most any disc that Hoster will import properly, will copy on microstudio. At least that is my experience with the program. Have you tried just copying the original disc with microstudio?
Old September 24th, 2004, 01:46 PM

S. Parks is correct. Microstudio doesn't support the .kma format. I don't know if it will in the future or not.
Old September 27th, 2004, 05:12 PM

I believe I read the purpose of MTU in creating KMA's was to protect anyone from stealing the songs from the computer it was created on. (At the requests of many large companies). If you would be able to convert them back to CDG's either to the CD or on the hard drive, then MTU would be going back on their plans.
Now if you were able to convert KMA's back to CDG's on your hard drive, then theorically you should be able to copy them to a CD. This I think is prevented at present and, I can be wrong, but you will be able to save it as a CDG to the hard drive in the next upgrade!!! Seems puzzling to me.
Old September 27th, 2004, 06:12 PM

thanks for the help guys. I was trying to be lazy and not have to reimport (arghh) the songs from all the discs....have them stored in my garage now as I haven't used them since I got hoster.