MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old October 6th, 2004, 10:35 PM

Microstudio

I am wondering if someday it will be possible to use cd-rw discs to record cdg's. Some programs such as direct cd use a method where use can close the cd after recording so that the cd may be read on any cdrom. As you know, when you are finished with the cd, you can go back and erase the cd and use it again and again. It would be nice if Microstudio would do the same. My wife and I burn at least one cd per week. This can be very expensive, My wife extends and adds lyrics to many songs and burns the cd's so she can practice five or six days a week, so when there is a song she doesn't like she has to throw away the cd and start over again. I am not sure if I am the only one who would like to see this feature added to microstudio or not and would be interested to see what kind of interest will be generated. Thank you and keep up the good work. Alan
Old October 7th, 2004, 10:17 PM

Re: Microstudio

Microstudio will already let you record to CDRW's. For me this is sufficient, since I have found the cost of CDRW's cost prohibitive. The people that run the average show, aren't that careful with how they handle your disc's and once the CDRW's are scratched theey tend to now work so well. When bought in quantities you can buy good quality CDR's for pennies-a-piece. I don't think many people use CDWR's for this application. Just my opinion.
Old October 8th, 2004, 05:10 PM

Microstudio always has been able to use CDRW's as so does Karaoke Home Producer.

I use CDRW's to do my initial run with Karaoke Home Producer. I prefer to play them on my large screen T.V. to check for any changes, typos, color combinations(always look different than on the p.c.)etc, and when I have it as I want it, then I burn to a CDR.

Only limitations I've seen is 10X max burning speed, and some players won't play them, but mine will, so that's not a problem.

Saves a lot of coasters.

George
Old October 8th, 2004, 05:43 PM

Too late to edit.

Don't know why I said that Karaoke Home Producer recognizes CDRW's , it doesn't burn anything.

Guess I had KHP on my mind...sorry about that.

George
Old October 12th, 2004, 10:20 PM

I am aware that microstudio will burn cdg's but you cannot use them in any of my machines. I am not that familiar with most karaoke players so that I can say they won't play in them also. I just know my 500 dollars jvc will not read cdrw's. Only place I can read them is on my or my wife's computer's using plextor burner. If there is something I am doing wrong please advise. Thank you Alan
Old October 12th, 2004, 10:41 PM

wb6bna,

You've changed the name of the game. You started out saying you wished Microstudio would burn CDRW's so you could use them again and again.

Now you come back and say you are aware that Microstudio will burn cdrw's, but your player won't play them.

Microstudio automatically finalizes(closes after burning) the cd when through burning so it can be played in a regular cd player, but that cd player has to recognize cdrw. Microstudio has no control over that.

The option to do that yourself exists on most home cd recorders such as Philips.

Nothing was said about you having JVC players and couldn't use them anyway. That's who you need to complain to. They determine the codes their players will recognize, as do all player manufacturers.

Sony players will read CDRW's, that's why I got rid of JVC's and got Sony's.

73's
George

Last edited by George; October 12th, 2004 at 10:55 PM.