MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Singers & Hosts Wisdom

Singers & Hosts Wisdom Post how to be a great karaoke singer or host.

Old October 16th, 2008, 10:05 AM

Red face Moving Hoster to new computer

I have upgraded from 3.X to 4.05 on one on my computers the other one is still at 3.19?, I now have a new computer and want to move this version over to the new computer. How do I do this. Do I upgrade to 4.05 first and then move or move first then upgrade and no matter which way... how do you move????
Old October 16th, 2008, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Wakefield View Post
I have upgraded from 3.X to 4.05 on one on my computers the other one is still at 3.19?, I now have a new computer and want to move this version over to the new computer. How do I do this. Do I upgrade to 4.05 first and then move or move first then upgrade and no matter which way... how do you move????
Hey Peter,
Go to:

http://www.mtu.com/support/support-frame.htm

and put in a support ticket. Tell them which computer 3.19 is on and that you want to move it. They will get you going.

Jim

Test Comp #1: P4 3GHz * 3gb RAM * XP Home SP3 * IE8 * WMP11 * NF3.5 * Onboard Sound * Onboard Video * * * MTU Rack (Show Computer) * P4 3GHz * 3gb RAM* XP Home SP3 * IE7 * WMP11 * NF3.5 * Sound Blaster PCI-512 * ATI Raydeon 9200
Old October 16th, 2008, 12:19 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Since you bought the upgrade version there are several things you are going to have to do.
Uninstall 3.319 from the old computer. You were not supposed to be using that version anyway as it had a serious bug in it which could cause you to lose song files.
Submit a Support Email to have your license reset for that computer. Be sure to include the email address you ordered it with, the name you assigned the computer when you installed it, and the reason for the reset.
While you are waiting for the reset (could take a few days as they are behind) download the copy of version 3.321 from the Support/Downloads/Video Hoster page of the website so you can install it on the new computer when you get the reset.
After you get the reset then install the 3.321 version and then upgrade to 4.05 and you are done.
Old October 16th, 2008, 12:22 PM
Super Moderator

Sorry, Jim, I had started my post earlier and didn't get to finish it. My claims adjuster finally showed up to assess our hurricane damage. Should know in a couple days how little they are going to pay.
Old October 16th, 2008, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddouglass View Post
Sorry, Jim, I had started my post earlier and didn't get to finish it. My claims adjuster finally showed up to assess our hurricane damage. Should know in a couple days how little they are going to pay.
All is good Dale, I hope everything goes through without a snag. Since Peter had already upgraded to 4.05 on one machine, I just sent him to the support page so he could be cleared for his next upgrade. The additional information you gave him is rock solid, as always.

Thanks

Jim

Test Comp #1: P4 3GHz * 3gb RAM * XP Home SP3 * IE8 * WMP11 * NF3.5 * Onboard Sound * Onboard Video * * * MTU Rack (Show Computer) * P4 3GHz * 3gb RAM* XP Home SP3 * IE7 * WMP11 * NF3.5 * Sound Blaster PCI-512 * ATI Raydeon 9200
Old October 16th, 2008, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddouglass View Post
Since you bought the upgrade version there are several things you are going to have to do.
Uninstall 3.319 from the old computer. You were not supposed to be using that version anyway as it had a serious bug in it which could cause you to lose song files.
Submit a Support Email to have your license reset for that computer. Be sure to include the email address you ordered it with, the name you assigned the computer when you installed it, and the reason for the reset.
While you are waiting for the reset (could take a few days as they are behind) download the copy of version 3.321 from the Support/Downloads/Video Hoster page of the website so you can install it on the new computer when you get the reset.
After you get the reset then install the 3.321 version and then upgrade to 4.05 and you are done.
I have a copy of 3.321 that I upgraded my 1st machine before upgrading to 4.05. Can I not upgrade the 2nd machine to 3.321 then 4.05, and then when it is upgraded can I then move it to the new machine without submitting a ticket???
Old October 16th, 2008, 03:56 PM

Changing computers

Dale
I had Hoster loaded on two machines. When i bought my new computer, i went on line to remove it, and immediately installed it on the new computer. I did not have to go to support to get my code reset. I just saw this as contrary to the support you just gave, and I realize you are the guru of Hoster Forum. Just want to know the difference?
muzicman
Old October 16th, 2008, 05:26 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
I have a copy of 3.321 that I upgraded my 1st machine before upgrading to 4.05. Can I not upgrade the 2nd machine to 3.321 then 4.05, and then when it is upgraded can I then move it to the new machine without submitting a ticket???
You can try that but I am not sure whether it will work for an upgrade version. That is why I suggested the other route. You will have to install 3.321 on the new computer before you can install 4.05 though. Otherwise it won't install.
Old October 16th, 2008, 05:29 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzicman144 View Post
Dale
I had Hoster loaded on two machines. When i bought my new computer, i went on line to remove it, and immediately installed it on the new computer. I did not have to go to support to get my code reset. I just saw this as contrary to the support you just gave, and I realize you are the guru of Hoster Forum. Just want to know the difference?
muzicman
Do you have an Upgrade license or a full version license for 4.05?
Old October 16th, 2008, 05:46 PM

Moving Hoster

I have had a full version of Hoster since 2.0, i guess, and had purchased all upgrades including 4.0. I had a a copy of 3.24 on file. When i removed the current version of Hoster from my old computer, i did so online, i immediately used my file version to load my new computer without going to support to reset my codes. Version 3.24 is the one i use. It re-loaded without a hitch. I have done this before, and assume when one removes a version on-line, MTU has a record of that or why else would one go online to remove any MTU product???. I thank you in advance as that just got my curosity up after your advice to Mr. Wakefield
Just want to know
muzicman
Old October 17th, 2008, 01:01 PM

Smile Hoster moved OK

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzicman144 View Post
I have had a full version of Hoster since 2.0, i guess, and had purchased all upgrades including 4.0. I had a a copy of 3.24 on file. When i removed the current version of Hoster from my old computer, i did so online, i immediately used my file version to load my new computer without going to support to reset my codes. Version 3.24 is the one i use. It re-loaded without a hitch. I have done this before, and assume when one removes a version on-line, MTU has a record of that or why else would one go online to remove any MTU product???. I thank you in advance as that just got my curosity up after your advice to Mr. Wakefield
Just want to know
muzicman
Thanks Muzicman, just moved Hoster over to the new computer "on line" with no problems.
Also thanks to Madjim and Dale.
Peter