MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Hoster Software > Hoster Help

Hoster Help Post Hoster questions, tips and suggestions here.

Closed Thread

Old March 15th, 2012, 06:43 PM
Administrator

Thumbs down Hoster 5.06 Bug Reports - Closed: 5.07 is RELEASED

Please only post Video Hoster 5.06 problems here.

Version 5.06 is a MASSIVE upgrade with many long asked for New features, Changes and bug fixes. It started out to only prevent dropping audio, but expanded to include TEMPO, instantaneous search results, a new "Words" search mode, and more. Many bugs were fixed, some in code written in 2000, but now showing up as crashes and lockups. This promises to be a very stable version! However, due to the massive changes, we are ready to fix any reported problems ASAP!

1. FIXED - Audio Dropouts - We have done extensive testing to end this problem. Some is Laptop "Power Managment" settings, and a new "Audio Controls "Prevent Dropout" allows adjusting if the default doesn't work (it did for all our Beta testers).

2. NEW - Archive Singers Database Made When 5.06 Installed. This allows you to reinstall your current version if 5.06 isn't working for you.

3. NEW - Singers Database automatically creates a backup file, updated every 50 Singer Database changes

4. CHANGE - Playlist "Search" and "Singers" buttons were combined. Both dialogs are fully integrated, making it much faster and easier to search and add songs, or select a Singer's Song, and change Tempo and Key to add to the Playlist.

5. NEW - Added an extremely powerful "Words" search mode in the "Search" and "Edit Songs" dialogs.

6. NEW - Instantaneous Searches happen with the totally rewritten code.

7. FIXED - White Screens due to the new search code when many results are returned.

8. CHANGED - Search Title and Artist fields are default enabled, but BookID and all other fields can be enabled while Hoster runs.

9. FIXED - Triple Clicking to Add Song to Playlist.

10. NEW - Temp can be preset before adding the Playlist, edited while in it, or adjusted live while playing from 9-% to 120%.

11. CHANGED - "Singers" button in Playlist is now the Tools Menu "Edit Singers Database" allows editing Singer records the same as before and can be open to edit Singer's records or add Songs during a show.

12. CHANGED - Edit Singers Database's "Export" and "Refresh" buttons disable while Songs are playing to prevent audio dropouts and other problems.

13. CHANGED - Edit Singers Database's Singers drop down list now only allows selecting existing Singers.

14. FIXED - Triple-clicking to add songs to the playlist is fixed.

15. FIXED - Invalid Songs in Singers Database don't Lock Hoster.

16. CHANGED - Removed Mux "Both" When preparing Songbooks.

17. FIXED - Songbook Artist Names Like "10,000 Maniacs" now appear alphabetized correctly.

18. FIXED - The Build Songs Database "Indexed" & "Excluded" now store separately, converted When Hoster 5.06 first runs.

19. FIXED - Rebuilding Songs Database would halt if a bad file was found. Hoster now quarantines bad files and continues indexing.

20. FIXED - "Remove Silence" and "Edit Songs" dialog could lockup with newly identified problem files. These now add to a error file and are ignored, continuing to the next Song.

21. NEW - Singers Database "Times" fields increment by one each time a Singer sings, or a Song is performed.

22. NEW - Creats a Report in csV format for Excel that shows every Song performed from the Playlist, including; date, time, Singer name, Song name.

23. NEW - Tic Marks now appear in Tempo, Volume, and Lyrics Sync sliders.

24. FIXED - CRASH In Auto Mode When playing MP3 Audio or Karaoke Songs.

25. FIXED - In the Playlist, if you clicked in the area below all songs it would erase the current highlighted Song.

Download 506.03 (March 2012 Import Database) or 506.09 (September 2011 Import Database) from: http://www.mtu.com/upgrades/hoster.htm
Old March 17th, 2012, 05:01 AM
VIP

Re: Hoster 5.06 Bug Reports

Has anyone else noticed issues with the Singers List, in the SEARCH window. It didn't want to advance through the list.

I have Bobby, Bonnie, Brian, Bryan, etc. I typed "B"and it showed the list starting with B's, I then proceeded to "BO" and jumped to BOBBY, BONNIE, etc but when I continued to type "BON" the list went away, as if I had no matching entries. But, I do...BONNIE. Later in the evening it started working correctly.

I will check again at show tomorrow night and report back.
Old March 17th, 2012, 07:55 AM
VIP

not sure what happened but i get audio drop outs when i search or add songs.

Windows 10

Hoster 5.10
Old March 17th, 2012, 03:49 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
not sure what happened but i get audio drop outs when i search or add songs.
Beavis, open the manual and read on the Tools menu - Audio Controls command. We added a new control you can adjust to prevent dropouts. All Beta Testers were able to remove dropouts at some setting.

Also, make sure you access the web page for your Windows version and make the NEW REQUIRED Change #1 on Power Management. It makes a BIG difference.
Old March 17th, 2012, 11:30 PM
VIP

The entire night went pretty much flawless!

The only thing I noticed was when I had to restart a song (had to do that a few times tonight) Remove Silence wasn't present after the restart. I'm not sure if this is a bug but it didn't have a negative effect on the show.

Thanks for "Great Products"!

Test & Show Computer:
Dell Laptop XPS L701X
Operating System - Windows 7 Pro, 64 Bit, SP1
CPU - Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU Q740 @ 1.73GHz, 1734Mhz, 4 Core(s) (1st Generation with no onboard Graphics)
Ram - 8.00GB
Hard Drive 1 Operating System: OCZ Vertex 4 (256gb)
Hard Drive 2 Music & Videos: Segate 1tb
Virtural Memory - 15.9GB
Video Card - NVidia GeForce GT 445M,,3GB Ram, Dedicated
Video Driver - NVidia 306.97
K-Lite Codec MEGA Pack installed (v9.4)
MS Office 2010 installed
IE 9, Google Chrome
Old March 18th, 2012, 03:47 AM

I used this upgrade last night with no problems. Tonight, the audio just stopped working. When I restarted the program, the same thing. And it's not the computer! I just fired it up when I got home and the same thing. Please test this **** before you cram these "upgrades" down our throats! I would love to have my 3.16? version back! Screw these upgrades!

Last edited by Mitd9922; March 18th, 2012 at 03:56 AM.
Old March 18th, 2012, 06:35 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitd9922 View Post
I used this upgrade last night with no problems. Tonight, the audio just stopped working. When I restarted the program, the same thing. And it's not the computer! I just fired it up when I got home and the same thing. Please test this **** before you cram these "upgrades" down our throats! I would love to have my 3.16? version back! Screw these upgrades!
Open your Tools/Audio controls dialog, do you have more then one sound card connected ?
In the Playlist audio card drop down is it displaying your computers default sound card ?
if not is it available to select from the drop down list ?

If you have a second sound card showing in the search audio card window, has it reversed the selections so the wrong one is showing for this box ?

Are you connecting your external monitor via an HTMI connection ? if so Windows may have altered your windows default sound card settings.
Check this in your Windows Control panel sound playback settings, make sure speakers are set to default devise.

I can assure you that there has been a good team of users testing this for months, when a new version is released there are always a few things that crop up as there are so many different computer configurations that it is impossible to test on all possible set ups.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old March 18th, 2012, 09:18 AM
VIP

Quote:
Had the same thing happen to me.... No Sound.

1st time was the headphone jack on my computer with a broken tang shorting out the sound card.

2nd time was hooking a monitor with HDMI and the speakes turned off.

3rd time I booted my computer before turning on the sound system (I connect my computer to my sound board via USB thus creating a 2nd sound card) usually I turn on my sound system before I boot the computer which allows the computer to capture my soundboard as a sound card.

It is always easy to blame new software.....

I just stated and played Hoster this morning afte last nights show.....

Plays Great!

Thanks MTU!

Test & Show Computer:
Dell Laptop XPS L701X
CPU - Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU Q740 @ 1.73GHz, 1734Mhz, 4 Core(s) (1st Generation with no onboard Graphics)
Ram - 8.00GB
Virtural Memory - 15.9GB
MS Office 2010 installed
IE 9, Google Chrome
Old March 18th, 2012, 03:44 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenKelley View Post
The entire night went pretty much flawless!

The only thing I noticed was when I had to restart a song (had to do that a few times tonight) Remove Silence wasn't present after the restart. I'm not sure if this is a bug but it didn't have a negative effect on the show.

Thanks for "Great Products"!
It's not a bug. It was designed that way.
Old March 18th, 2012, 04:20 PM
Administrator

Quote:
I used this upgrade last night with no problems. Tonight, the audio just stopped working. When I restarted the program, the same thing. And it's not the computer! I just fired it up when I got home and the same thing. Please test this **** before you cram these "upgrades" down our throats! I would love to have my 3.16? version back! Screw these upgrades!!
1. Let me get this straight, the first night it ran perfectly. Now that says Hoster ran. Period. The second night, the audio stops. Now that says your computer is at fault. Software is bits and they don't change unless your Hard Drive is failing and some of Hoster is in a bad sector, which CAN change the bits. Or a section of your RAM is failing and that changed the Hoster code. Either way, your report definitely points to your computer failing, not Hoster.

2. Did you make the REQUIRED upgrades to Windows? Look in the manual. If not, that may be your problem.

3. Coming from 3.316 is a MASSIVE upgrade, and if you decide to go to Compuhost, which we have many who came from them to Hoster for "various problems", that WON'T solve your problem either.

4. There were 20 Beta versions of 5.06 we sent out and our excellent team of Beta Testers hammered it more than you can imagine. Be careful insulting them, they are the people here who help you.

5. You can return to 3.316 without problems. Just go to Control Panel, Add Remove Programs and remove 5.06. Then find your Hoster3316setup.exe file and run it. It will install 3.316 again. We didn't add the Singers Database until 4.00, so you don't have one to restore, but 5.06 would have made a backup copy to make it simple to return to a back version.

6. You've been with us a long time. March 8, 2007 was when 3.316 was released, that's 7 years ago. You have a SEVEN YEAR OLD COMPUTER! I'm surprised Hoster ran the fist night at all! No one forced you to upgrade the first weekend 5.06 was released. You should know by now, having not upgraded for 7 years and 66 posts in this Forum, that a MASSIVE upgrade like 5.06 may have problems. The early birds, will catch those problems and we ALWAYS solve them quickly, as proven by our upgrade history.

I suggest you either;
  • Try to work with us in this Forum to tell us FACTS about what you are seeing, hearing, etc. and what you are trying to do - step by step to give us facts, not emotions. We will try to help you identify what is wrong with your computer, if you can work with us. If not...

• Remove 5.06 and reinstall 3.316 so you can stay with your system you know worked for 7 years.
Old March 18th, 2012, 06:36 PM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
It's not a bug. It was designed that way.
Thanks Admin!

Kinda thought that was the case but wasn't sure.

Test & Show Computer:
Dell Laptop XPS L701X
Ram - 8.00GB
Virtural Memory - 15.9GB
MS Office 2010 installed
IE 9, Google Chrome
Old March 18th, 2012, 11:38 PM
VIP

I downloaded breakaway audo enhancer and dont have any issues running with hoster 5.06.

I can confirm that BA still has issues. I too would crash with BA on, if off no crashes. Also, still have issues with BA autoadvancing through list during STOP(intermission). The item in BA playlist will start and then xx secs into would lose audio or pause and then come back. Again i use mp3 files,not sure if still have issues with this file type.
Old March 19th, 2012, 10:36 AM
VIP

Quote:
Beavis, open the manual and read on the Tools menu - Audio Controls command. We added a new control you can adjust to prevent dropouts. All Beta Testers were able to remove dropouts at some setting.

Also, make sure you access the web page for your Windows version and make the NEW REQUIRED Change #1 on Power Management. It makes a BIG difference.
my windows changes have always been adjusted to the correct settings. i didnt do the audio controls settings. when i switched back to 5.05 everything worked fine. i will try the new version and monkey with the settings.

Windows 10

Hoster 5.10
Old March 19th, 2012, 10:41 AM
VIP

Quote:
6. You've been with us a long time. March 8, 2007 was when 3.316 was released, that's 7 years ago. You have a SEVEN YEAR OLD COMPUTER! I'm surprised Hoster ran the fist night at all! No one forced you to upgrade the first weekend 5.06 was released. You should know by now, having not upgraded for 7 years and 66 posts in this Forum, that a MASSIVE upgrade like 5.06 may have problems. The early birds, will catch those problems and we ALWAYS solve them quickly, as proven by our upgrade history.
admin, im using the same computer from.......2002 only thing i added was a different drive and more memory.

Windows 10

Hoster 5.10
Old March 19th, 2012, 11:02 AM
VIP

im pleased to report the adjusting the audio drop out fixed the problem !!

thanks admin !

Admin note: Beavis, thanks for confirming that our "fix" works.

Windows 10

Hoster 5.10
Old March 20th, 2012, 03:07 AM

When search + singers box is clicked only one window opens, the search dialogue. The singers dialogue is nowhere to be found. i've reset the display in case the singers window was hiding under other windows but to no avail.

any ideas as the why this has occurred?

this lappy has been working well despite the fact that it's running vista. all windows updates have been installed and all the items on the list of changes have been tended to.
Old March 20th, 2012, 05:30 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by uhuhnottelling View Post
When search + singers box is clicked only one window opens, the search dialogue. The singers dialogue is nowhere to be found. i've reset the display in case the singers window was hiding under other windows but to no avail.

any ideas as the why this has occurred?

Connect an external monitor and you will most likely find it showing on that, then drag it back to the main monitor.
You are not the only one who has had this. I have already reported that the reseting displays is not working for this particular window.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old March 20th, 2012, 02:34 PM

Brilliant! Yes... hiding outta sight on the 2nd display! That did the trick.
Thank you!
Old March 22nd, 2012, 11:00 PM

Angry Re: Hoster 5.06 Bug Reports

I upgrade my hoster from 5.0.5.02 to 5.0.6 early this week (or last weekend) and it was working fine until tonight when I run my show it works for the first song and list the audio.
I have read all the thread here talking about making change in Windows and adjust audio drop out but nothing help.
First, I purchased the laptop and hoster from MTU last year and the computer is configured by MTU.
The strang thing is it works all the way until tonight when I am running the show.
I have to cancel my show and lost money.
Now I have shows on Saturday and Sunday, how am I going to run my show if I cannot resolve my problem? I know my computer is fine because I can still play music.
Anyone suffers the same problem I have?
I am really disappointed about this release.
Old March 22nd, 2012, 11:40 PM

Downloaded the upgrade! love the new look, however, when running the show I had a few times that it stuttered, not significantly, but noticibly. And I couldn't find where to delete a song that is in the singers database... Do I need to go to a different place? Thank you for your assistance

1st system HP dv 7 notebook pc,5.9 Index with2630 Ram, 64 bit operating system Windows 7 with 2. GHz Service Pk 1

2nd system Pavillion dv6 Notebook PC, 5.6 Windows Index Intel Core P7450 @2.13 GHz 4 GB 64 bit
Closed Thread