MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old May 12th, 2009, 10:17 PM
Super Moderator

This version has the updated player that is in Hoster, which would be why the Title pages would be garbled. The import is also forced into using the best error correction mode where before you could select a lesser level. That level will attempt 4 times to read a sector that may be bad or not correctly reading. This may explain some of the slowdown of imports.
Old May 13th, 2009, 01:18 PM

Not sure about any of that. But i had my last version set to best read and best write modes. I never...and i mean never got a bad import as i can remember. Just about done with this upgrade. I have given it a good try i would say. If it were just the matter of the SAV's, then i'd keep it. But my last upgrade, smokes this one. Soooooooooooooooooooo... I will be going back to the last upgrade, and that should pretty much take care of this thread as well.
Thank you all for your help, and trying to get this going satisfactory for me. I see it's just not gonna happen. I can't say as i like the new player in Microstudio, as well as i did the old one. Just me i know.. Thanks a bunch. God Bless George
Old May 13th, 2009, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicman51 View Post
billyo, i have them on my external to. In Hoster, i too have a garbled title page, but the lyrics are fine. But i've never had either garbled title, or lyrics in my MicroStudio, untill this upgrade. Have you used MicroStudio before this version? How did your last upgrade work? At least i find, i'm not the only one having this trouble with MicroStudio on the SAV situation. On the rom drive i have been using in this last upgrade, everything is garbled.. Title, lyrics..everything. I changed roms, it's better..but not like the old version. I'm getting close to going back to the last upgrade, but i still have hope for this one, slow imports and all. The version as a whole seems slower, sluggish, unlike the last version. George

i had the 4.08 and i have a few sav 's imported and like you said i didnt have a problem with it, when i upgraded to 4.20 i didnt really noticed it until i read your first post that i decided to play the existing sav's and imported more sav disc and that's when i noticed the problem..and also i had a problem with importing kinda slow and i had to do it like 4 times, keeps getting error msg.."cd/dvd drive not ready" never did that on the previous versions..
Old May 14th, 2009, 02:48 PM

Yeah, i hear ya billyo. I can't say as i like this new player MTU developed. Title pages garbaled, lyrics garbled. I noticed just last evening while playing around with this version. That i have a couple of other CDG's that also have messed up lyrics. Sound Choice, top hits monthly, and chartbuster. A few of them don't read or write correctly either. Best of luck on your situation. Perhaps we can hope for another quick upgrade like they did in hoster. Best of luck... George
Old May 14th, 2009, 03:44 PM
Super Moderator

Musicman think about it. You switched to another drive and they all imported correctly. The problem with the imports was your drive and not the program.
Old May 14th, 2009, 04:14 PM

"You switched to another drive and they all imported correctly."

No dale, that is not what i said at all. In fact i switched to three different drives. One was much better, which i posted screens of, and the other two were about the same, or worse. They still will not read all my SAV set. In fact, i also just mentioned with the MTU Certified drive, i now have other disc that will not read correctly, Sound Choice, Chartbuster, And Panorama Top Hits Monthly. At least with the original Rom, only ones that i was having trouble with were the SAV's. Sorry to mislead if i indeed did.

P.S. As a quick footnote. If my last update was working smoothly, and now all of a sudden after an update things are not. It only points in one direction.
Old May 14th, 2009, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Yeah, i hear ya billyo. I can't say as i like this new player MTU developed. Title pages garbaled, lyrics garbled. I noticed just last evening while playing around with this version. That i have a couple of other CDG's that also have messed up lyrics. Sound Choice, top hits monthly, and chartbuster. A few of them don't read or write correctly either. Best of luck on your situation. Perhaps we can hope for another quick upgrade like they did in hoster. Best of luck... George

i didnt have any problems with chartbusters imported 4 ( monthly hits ) disc last week and they came out fine, just 2 of them i had to manually typed the songs and the artist, but its not a big deal ( need to excercise these fingers anyway) and i also just used ms to practice and duplicate disc anyway..
Old May 14th, 2009, 05:42 PM
Super Moderator

The point is that you are the only one having this problem to this extent. No one else has said they have trouble with it except Billyo and his is not consistent as you are saying it is. From the pictures you sent I can see some garbage but it is not messed up to the point it is not usable.
Make sure the firmware for all your drives are current. Clean the drives with a laser cleaning disc. And even if your discs are pristeen clean them as well.
I don't know what else to tell you to try to get it working right for you. I cannot duplicate your problem and none of the Beta Testers have reported anything like this with the current release.
Old May 14th, 2009, 08:16 PM

Still not good enough..no explanation as to why my last upgrade worked, and this one does not. I can download all the firmware i can, but the fact still is..my last upgrade worked fawlessly, and this one does not. Now..that is the bottom line on this situation. Close this thread please..thanks
Old May 14th, 2009, 08:54 PM
Super Moderator

Have you reloaded 4.006 and see if it is still working?
Old May 15th, 2009, 02:22 PM

Musicman, I have the same problem, too, as you are but i don't pay attention to it no more. It will just frustrate you. Just move on and prepare yourself for the next upgrade if you still want to use the program.
Old May 17th, 2009, 11:04 PM

Thanks bendrew, i have moved on. I knew i and billyo couldn't be the only two on the planet having this problem. Like you, most either don't use the SAV series anymore, or just don't think it's a big deal, so they haven't posted they have the same situation. I reinstalled my last upgrade, and it works just like this upgrade should work. I even have my title screen back, and it hasn't rejected a single disc, no matter what brand i used, or what player i use. So i will just keep this version, and wait for the next, and see if they have fix anything.
I suspect it's the new player mtu has installed on this and other hoster products to be the culprit. Thanks for your kind regards. George
Old May 18th, 2009, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Thanks bendrew, i have moved on. I knew i and billyo couldn't be the only two on the planet having this problem. Like you, most either don't use the SAV series anymore, or just don't think it's a big deal, so they haven't posted they have the same situation. I reinstalled my last upgrade, and it works just like this upgrade should work. I even have my title screen back, and it hasn't rejected a single disc, no matter what brand i used, or what player i use. So i will just keep this version, and wait for the next, and see if they have fix anything.
I suspect it's the new player mtu has installed on this and other hoster products to be the culprit. Thanks for your kind regards. George

i did that too removed the latest upgrade and re-installed 4.06 and opened ms and load all my sav's into the playllist, all of them played fine not a single garbled from the beg. to the end....i may have to stick with 4.06 for now..
Old May 18th, 2009, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddouglass View Post
Have you reloaded 4.006 and see if it is still working?

Dale, i reloaded 4.006 and all my sav's played fine no garbled from the start to the end...
Old May 18th, 2009, 11:04 AM
Super Moderator

I don't know guys because I can't duplicate this at all. The only thing I get is the SAV Title screens are screwed up be cause if the interlaced graphic they use for that, but I do not see any of the trash in the lyrics at all.
Old May 18th, 2009, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddouglass View Post
I don't know guys because I can't duplicate this at all. The only thing I get is the SAV Title screens are screwed up be cause if the interlaced graphic they use for that, but I do not see any of the trash in the lyrics at all.
not really sure myself, but reloading 4.06 did the trick, all sav's played fine and i am also wondering why i havent read about this since the latest upgrade, except from musicman, are we the only why having this problem, i now that some hoster users( including myself w/4.08 ) are having the same problem.
Old May 18th, 2009, 04:43 PM
Super Moderator

If you are referring to the SAV title pages that is true for everyone and has been from 4.06 on.
Old May 18th, 2009, 06:10 PM

Smile

As i stated, i went back to my last update. Things are back to normal now. And i have what others don't have that upgraded. When it comes to the old SAV series, i have clear title and credit pages, and for some, lyrics that are nor garbled. billyo, i think the reason others aren't mentioning this, is because it's not really a big deal to them. But on the other hand, just because someone can't duplicate a problem a user is having, is no reason to think it doesn't exist, or it is only an isolated problem limited to a select few, and their operating system. Therefore it can't be a problem associated with an upgraded version of a product they are using. I don't like this upgrade, and i gave it a poor review, and poor grade. Too many problems now, that it didn't have before. Why would i upgrade, just to have garbled title, and credit pages? slow interrupted imports, ruined disc?, rejected media? Nope..i'm happy with the old upgrade. I will stay with it untill the kinks are out of this one. Thank you very much for your contribution, and kind words. Respectfully Yours, George
Old May 18th, 2009, 10:00 PM

Musicman,

Welcome to Beta Testing...........
Old May 19th, 2009, 12:32 AM
Super Moderator

George, I never once said that the problem doesn't exist. I have seen your screen captures and yes you have a problem.
I have asked the other Beta Testers to attempt this and see if any of them have run into this problem. We'll see what they have and work from there to come up with something concrete for MTU to look at.
Bendrew obviously doesn't think the Beta Testers do anything. What you all don't see is the weeks and months that this small group of 15 - 20 people put in as we test and accept or reject what MTU puts forth after they have spent numerous manhours writing and testing themselves.
With the many hundreds of different computers, 2 operating systems, countless other programs people install and use, and all the security and other updates Microsoft is constantly releasing, there is no way for anyone to be able to say 100% sure that a program is going to work 100% on any computer in use by the users.
We do the best we can and for no pay. We are just users like you and we do it because we love the products and have been asked by MTU to help them out. We use our own equipment and all run shows of various types So we won't to see the best product go out because we depend on it to.
I promise you there has to be a solution. We just have to keep digging.

George, You said you keep up with the updates. Have you done any of the Hardware Updates through Microsoft? We have found that those updates are usually the incorrect driver or firmware?
You said "When it comes to the old SAV series, i have clear title and credit pages, and for some, lyrics that are nor garbled." Meaning you have some that are now garbled? I would suggest you Remove 4.006, clean outt the Microsoft Folder in Program Files and the Microstudio folder in the C:\MTU folder. Then re-install and check the box at the bottom of the Personal Information page (of the installation) to clear the registry entries. This should clear any thing left behind by 4.20. Billyo this would help if you are also still seeing some of the garbled lyrics.