MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Singers & Hosts Wisdom

Singers & Hosts Wisdom Post how to be a great karaoke singer or host.

Old December 18th, 2004, 12:28 PM

DKKaraoke Sure Disappoints You Sometimes..

Howdy,

You know what is dissappointing......waiting for over an hour to sing. Then when it is time to sing, the version the host has is DK and you did not know it. DK is known for recording their songs in a lower key then the original version sometimes.

I was at the local place last night and got caught like this.....not anyones fault, mind you.....I was just a little disappointed after waiting a long time.

What do Y'all think?
Old December 18th, 2004, 01:21 PM

Re: DKKaraoke Sure Disappoints You Sometimes..

That's why i never invested much in their products. i have just a few DK's.. I went with the pioneer LD's and c\dg's when i first started. That's what key changers are for. No Karaoke company should EVER change the key... that's up to the singer.
Beta Test Machine: DELL Inspiron 1721 * Vista Home Premium SP1 * AMD Athlon 64 dual core tk-57 1.90MHz * DVD/CDR Drive * 250GB HDD * 3GB RAM.

Show Work PC: Windows XP Pro sp3 * Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4 GHz, 4MB * 2GB DDR2-667 RAM * 80GB HD (C: for OS & Apps) * 500GB HD * 250 GB HD * DVD Recorder (Sony ADW-Q170A) * M-Audio Delta 410 Audio * ATI RADEON X1600 Pro 512MB video.
Old December 18th, 2004, 03:18 PM

probably contributed to them going out of business......
Old December 18th, 2004, 11:53 PM

Yea....you might be right about that one
Old December 21st, 2004, 01:50 AM

For the most part, DK presented the best value for the money when they first came out. And with the Milennium set, you basically got twice as many songs as the SC Foundation sets. DK's were a good set to start off a library, and I have many singers who don't want anything but DK. Some of DK's discs blow other companies out of the water, and some are horrid. But that is the way with every manufacturer out there. One example is dkp1102, the Neil Diamond disc. That is by far the best compilation of diamond songs out there. None of the other brands come close including SC. The SC is horrible, and I refuse to use it. The tempos are off and the instrumentation doesn't even come close to the originals. I don't even want to talk about the Music Maestro, legends and Sunfly diamond discs. The same goes for UK Karaoke's John Mellencamp disc. They are the only ones with an accurate version of Pink houses. All the other Manufacturers messed up the timing at the end with the lyrics including SC. SC's saving grace with me tho is they have the best version of Cherry Bomb out there. But my point is every Manufacturer out there has bum tracks. Many have more than others. Don't knock DK too hard, they were the standard core collection for years. They had to be doing something right.