MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Hoster Software > Hoster Help

Hoster Help Post Hoster questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old November 20th, 2011, 02:02 PM

Re: Hoster 5.04 Bug Reports

Instabuttons. I have 45 MP3 Instabuttons installed in Version 5.04 and every time I start up Hoster it flags, "Too Many Instabuttons identified" Does not affect anything as far as I know but is geting annoying.
All windows updates current.

Toshiba Notebook- Windows 7 Home premium -Intal Pentium - P6100@ 2 GH - Ram 4 gb 64 bit.
Old November 20th, 2011, 02:22 PM
Super Moderator

Do all 45 buttons show on display screen ?
If not open the instabutton dialog and untick some, although you can enter 90 I don't think it is meant to show that many on the display. I have 36 in all displaying on mine.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old November 20th, 2011, 02:25 PM

It is my understanding that you can have up tp 99 Instabuttons set up.

I have 70 mp3 Instabuttons set up and have never gotten this message or had any problems with them...
Old November 20th, 2011, 02:34 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kod View Post
It is my understanding that you can have up tp 99 Instabuttons set up.

I have 70 mp3 Instabuttons set up and have never gotten this message or had any problems with them...
Yes Kod you are right, I've just been searching the manuel, it doesn't mention any limit on how many display other than the 99 you can have.
So some problem there wth Deedlers.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old November 20th, 2011, 02:54 PM

OK, I'm Irish, slight miscount.
62 Instabuttons identified and all visible.
Unchecked down to 50 and got no flag.
At 55 no flag.
At 60 no flag
At 62 Flagged.
At 61 no flag.
As I said, apparently no affect on the running of the programme?
Old December 6th, 2011, 02:53 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deedler View Post
Instabuttons. I have 45 MP3 Instabuttons installed in Version 5.04 and every time I start up Hoster it flags, "Too Many Instabuttons identified" Does not affect anything as far as I know but is geting annoying.
All windows updates current.

Toshiba Notebook- Windows 7 Home premium -Intal Pentium - P6100@ 2 GH - Ram 4 gb 64 bit.
Quote:
At 55 no flag.
At 60 no flag
At 62 Flagged.
At 61 no flag.
Deeter, great reporting details and digging into it on your side! I've scheduled engineering to review the Instabutton code and see if anything could cause this limit. We'll search for what is causing that error message, which gives a BIG jump ahead to look at the conditions causing this error message.

Since others are not experiencing this problem, it appears this may be something on your computer.

Do you really have a "Pentium" processor? Please click Start button > Control Panel > System and it will show you on the first panel. With WIN7 64-bit and 4GB RAM, this doesn't seem right. I don't think a Pentium can address more than 1 or 2 GB RAM.
Old December 6th, 2011, 03:03 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne White View Post
1. I have always maintained my own database without any problems. In the 'old days' I corrected song names & artists within the database after importing them as '1' in the name & pasting the names in from Excel after the fact since I could not paste all of them at once while importing.

So 1 problem with 5.04 requiring to rebuild my database to work it; is putting 1 in for the name and artist on a # of songs. This I can live with because I could easily fix them if not for problem # 2.

2. The second problem is; 3/4 of my BookIDs are wrong in the new database - I realized that they didn't match while attempting to fix problem # 1. I did a match of the 2 files by BookID and only 1/4 of my songs still have the same BookID.

Since I see no mention of this, I guess I must be the only one it happened to.
Wayne, as to problem #1, we are upgrading an old (~2004) utility that opens the current Songs.mdb and updates each KMA/KMH file header with the Songs DB fields. This is a simple "run it" and its done utility. If you haven't retitled all your "1" fields, please wait. Since you have this problem, you are able to test it for us. If things go as planned, we'll have it in 1-2 days. If not, it won't be finished.

Wayne, as to your Problem #2, we found a bug in 5.02 and fixed it. Please believe me, we have a CONSTANT FOCUS on adding new features to PRESERVE BookIDs. I simply don't have an answer. You are right in that you are the only one reporting this problem. I'd almost say your computer farkled in some way as your Songs DB was being rebuild. It can happen.
Old December 6th, 2011, 12:13 PM

Quote:
At 55 no flag.
At 60 no flag
At 62 Flagged.
At 61 no flag.
Hi Deedler, I have a good bit of Irish blood in me as well, so I know well what you're saying.

Is there any way that we could see a screen-shot of Hoster when this error message is initiated? Just make sure that your cursor arrow is within the dialog so that the correct window is selected, hold ALT and then press the PrtScn key on your keyboard. You'll then be able to paste the image into MSPaint and save as a .jpg. Then you can press the icon that looks like a mountain range in the tool bar when you are posting to insert the image here.

If you already knew the steps to take a screen-shot, my apologies, I just want to make sure you're covered just in case. This may help everyone trouble-shoot the problem.
Old December 7th, 2011, 04:43 PM
Administrator

Quote:
At 55 no flag.
At 60 no flag
At 62 Flagged.
At 61 no flag.
Deedler,

I have added 62, 63, 64, 65,... Instabuttons on my system, and I cannot find any failure. I'm wondering if it has something to do with the particular audio file you are using for #62. I know it's late over on the Emerald Isle, but I was wondering if you could try something for me. Try replacing that 62nd audio file with a different one, and report back. Also, "The Wheel's" request for a screen shot of the failure would possibly be helpful to MTU. Thanks!
Old December 7th, 2011, 08:46 PM

I added some more Instabuttons (5) since I last wrote and now have 75.

I just now opened Hoster and I got the error message "too many Instabuttons defined" for the first time.

I don't know if this has anything to do with it or not, but this caused me to have four lines of Instabuttons across the screen now!

However, after I clicked "OK" Hoster started and as far as I can tell, everything is working as it should, including the Instabuttons...

At 70 Instabuttons, I didn't get this message...

I am going to start unticking them one by one and see where it stops giving this error message...
Old December 7th, 2011, 08:59 PM

Ok, I stopped getting the message when I got down to 71...

At 71, I still have four lines of Instabuttons, so I just ruled that theory out!

I went back to 72 and started getting the message again!

All but one of my Instabuttons are full length mp3 songs (unedited). The only one not a song is my applause Instabutton.

Go Figure...
Old December 8th, 2011, 01:33 PM

Update. Opened Hoster today with 62 Instabuttons ( all working ) and there was no flag? Added four and got flagged. Unchecked/checked etc. and I am now up to 64 with no flag. ( Three rows with a mixture of songs and sound effects all showing) The flag is a box in the centre of the screen with a yellow triangle and a ? inside the triangle. "Too many Instabuttons defined" beside the triangle and at the bottom right of the box an OK box. When OK is hit Hoster opens and operates normally. Sorry, not computer literate.
According to my control panel - Processor - Intel(R)Pentium(R) CPU.