MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Hoster Software > Hoster Help

Hoster Help Post Hoster questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old December 6th, 2011, 10:37 AM

Question putting program on new laptop

it is prob, answered on here hundred times, but i do a search and it gives me back nothing, i just want to take my program off the mtu rugged pc and put it on a laptop i bought, i do not have the new upgrades and do not want them, all i want is my hoster for backup on my new laptop.
thank you
Old December 6th, 2011, 12:07 PM
Super Moderator

Re: putting program on new laptop

It depends which version of Hoster you have, Full or Lite and also which version #, you can find this from Help menu About Hoster.

Generally if you have the full version you are allowed to load a second copy of it on another computer (2 installs) if you have the lite version or already have 2 installs then you must un-install but must do this whilst connected to Internet else MTU has no idea you un-installed.
Do not un-install your original program unless you have the original installation file or you will have no way of re-installing it.
If do not have the original and your version is 4.22.08 or later you can download it again from here: http://www.mtu.com/upgrades/hoster.htm

If your version is prior to this then unless you saved a copy of it, to the best of my knowledge your out of luck and unless you upgrade will not be able to move it.

Having said that if you are using an earlier version than about 4.32 it may not run correct on windows 7 64bit computers.

If you have the installation file then on running it you will be asked to enter your original email and registration data for it to install, if you do not know this you should be able to find it from your account page.

Versions earlier than 4 you may have to put in a support ticket to move them.
Also read this link: http://www.mtu.com/support/how-to-mo...ation.htm#NOTE
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old December 6th, 2011, 12:29 PM

darn i have v30321a it looks like, i just wanted to use it as a backup since i do have another program installed that i use now, just in case one dies i would have one to use so i do not go into freak out mode, thank you for your help
Old December 6th, 2011, 03:37 PM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by karaokeG View Post
darn i have v30321a it looks like, i just wanted to use it as a backup since i do have another program installed that i use now, just in case one dies i would have one to use so i do not go into freak out mode, thank you for your help
You didn't answer most of the details that Roy was fishing for... they will help anyone who trys to troubleshoot your problem with a viable solution!

As to the "not" wanting to upgrade, we need a little more insight into what your fears are? The new program upgrades are getting better and better, and the new features can be used, or not, in most case scenarios... so again, why, if not economical, are you leary of upgrading???

You do have another program installed??? What is it??? Since you haven't tried the new Hoster features since 303.xx, I can only guess that you tried Brand X, and now want to make sure that you have solid backup, in case Brand X fails...??? Most of the latest engineering and re-coding in Hoster is attempting to make it play nice with Windows 7, and prior to that, with Vista, which set back the new features development by many many months!!! The latest version/ Upgrade, is rock solid, and only getting better... able to work, and "play nice", with the latest version of Windows that the newer computers are using, and coming pre-loaded with!!!

Show Computer: Dell Precision M6700--Intel I7 3720 QM Quad 3rd Gen 2.6 ghz--16 gb Ram
Integrated Onboard Graphics, 2 gb DDR2 dedicated Video Memory--500 gb SSD & 1TB SATA HD--Windows 7 Pro--External HD WD 4 tb

Backup Computer: Lenovo Ideapad 7750G--PCI Express X16 Gen3 2.5 ghz--32 gb RAM--NVIDIA GeForce GT 745M, 2048 MB DDR3 --1 TB SSD--Windows 10 Education -- 64 bit

External Optical Drives: Plextor 760A & 712A
Old December 8th, 2011, 10:35 AM

i have version 30321a running on windows xp with a MTU rugged rack system pc. I just wanted to transfer it over to my new windows 7 laptop. I do not have 70 bucks right now to do an upgrade, i am cash strapped. I have no complaints about hoster. it has served me well, i will not say anything more about this until i get some money and upgrade it, that looks like the easiest way to put it on a new pc, my dj program cost me ten bucks to upgrade, other programs I use cost no more than 20 bucks to upgrade, Hoster is always so much more. so thank you for the help. it is appreciated
Old December 8th, 2011, 04:22 PM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by karaokeG View Post
i have version 30321a running on windows xp with a MTU rugged rack system pc. I just wanted to transfer it over to my new windows 7 laptop. I do not have 70 bucks right now to do an upgrade, i am cash strapped. I have no complaints about hoster. it has served me well, i will not say anything more about this until i get some money and upgrade it, that looks like the easiest way to put it on a new pc, my dj program cost me ten bucks to upgrade, other programs I use cost no more than 20 bucks to upgrade, Hoster is always so much more. so thank you for the help. it is appreciated
You won't be sorry once you are able to upgrade!

Now that we know that your hesitance to upgrade is economical, we will await until your financial situation allows you to upgrade to Hoster 5.xx.

Most programs I have upgraded lately cannot be lumped into a "no more than $20 bucks cost". My dj program upgrade would run about $130 on an original $220 license. I have 2 licenses that retail for about $330 each... I know there are free programs and many many less expensive dj programs out there, but you have to weigh the differences between what you want/need and what you can afford, or settle for!

I have Hoster original cd for version 2.215 (When I decided to go digital) 2004... your v 3.03.21a is of a newer version... please look at the features progress that is documented on the home page between 2005 (3.03.21a) and 2011 (5.04.xx) and I think you will see that $70 for the upgrade is a bargain!

I know you won't be disappointed with the latest and greatest Karaoke hosting program out there... MTU is dedicated to making their products user friendly and the best on the market... if you haven't explored the other great programs that MTU offers, I would behove you to give their demo's a test drive also... the latest suite of products like Microstudio, KHPro, Vogone, Songverter, Keyrite are easily some of the finest / and user friendly programs in the recording industry... and they compliment Hoster allowing the user to make your own Karaoke songs, burn to disk, and show your creative side!

As Dale (ddouglas) says "I am not an MTU employee"... Only Admin or MTUSupport, are company employees... the rest of us like Dale & Roy, who are furnishing very good and complete troubleshooting answers, are just experienced users of the products, trying to pass along their knowledge to help those having problems with matching the capabilities of their computers, with the technology that MTU programs such as Hoster offers the professional KJ, or the hobbiest that loves to sing and/or experiment with Karaoke!

Report back when you have given Hoster 5.xx a test drive!!! Your testimonial will sway others who may be weighing the cost/benefit factor before upgrading or purchasing and trying the program in its present form!

Show Computer: Dell Precision M6700--Intel I7 3720 QM Quad 3rd Gen 2.6 ghz--16 gb Ram
Integrated Onboard Graphics, 2 gb DDR2 dedicated Video Memory--500 gb SSD & 1TB SATA HD--Windows 7 Pro--External HD WD 4 tb

Backup Computer: Lenovo Ideapad 7750G--PCI Express X16 Gen3 2.5 ghz--32 gb RAM--NVIDIA GeForce GT 745M, 2048 MB DDR3 --1 TB SSD--Windows 10 Education -- 64 bit

External Optical Drives: Plextor 760A & 712A