MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Hoster Software > Hoster Help

Hoster Help Post Hoster questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old January 10th, 2007, 09:01 AM

Karaoke on your ipod

This is a link on the Sound Choice website

http://www.dopikaraoke.com/

definitely some file conversion going on here
Old January 10th, 2007, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by a2kmike View Post
This is a link on the Sound Choice website

http://www.dopikaraoke.com/

Yeah SC claims there are only 1000 songs to be able to download from that site. They also claim they have the right from the producers to sell the files that way. I do not know much about iPod but would you not be able to transfer any iPod file to computer? They also have all over their terms and conditions that the iPod files can not be used to commercial-use.... Yeah right you will see cheep karaoke systems using iPods... just wait and see.
Hopefully Hoster 3.316
AMD Athalon 64 X2 4400+ 2.3ghz
ASUS M2A-VM Motherboard
2 - 1GB DDR2 800mhz Corsair RAM
1 - 500 GB SATA Western Digital HD
1 - 160 GB external HD
ATI Radeon Sapphire X1650 Pro Video Card 512MB
Realtek HD Audio

www.downhomekaraoke.biz

Last edited by kilith; January 10th, 2007 at 10:12 AM.
Old January 10th, 2007, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilith View Post
Yeah SC claims there are only 1000 songs to be able to download from that site. They also claim they have the right from the producers to sell the files that way. I do not know much about iPod but would you not be able to transfer any iPod file to computer? They also have all over their terms and conditions that the iPod files can not be used to commercial-use.... Yeah right you will see cheep karaoke systems using iPods... just wait and see.

i have an ipod and you can not transfer from ipod to a comp...you can transfer music file from your pc to ipod..you can connect your ipod to your mixing board and use it as a player and you can also use it as an ext. drive.. i'm not sure if you can use ipods to do a karaoke shows though..havent tried it yet..
Old January 10th, 2007, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by a2kmike View Post
go here and check item #3 in help section

this is part of item #3
Our Commitment

[company] is committed to continually adding new Video Songs to our library. Eventually our library of over 10,000 Video Karaoke Songs will be available for download! We want you to know that we are dedicated to offering our extensive library to you, our customer. Thank you for your understanding and patience

also check item #5
I was only quoting what BC said on his forums. i guess he lies about almost everything. He said they had 1000 for download. I do not know if maybe that
Quote:
Eventually our library of over 10,000 Video Karaoke Songs will be available for download!
Maybe there are only 1000 right now? However if all of a sudden there are 10,000 and they are format shifting 10,000 songs... then there should be the right that we can format shift the songs as well. I also bet since they include the way to put it onto TV and through audio alonsg with microphone... we will end up seeing iPod Karaoke and god that would really tick me off lol...
Hopefully Hoster 3.316
ASUS M2A-VM Motherboard
1 - 160 GB external HD
Realtek HD Audio

www.downhomekaraoke.biz
Old January 10th, 2007, 09:46 PM

Well I dont know you guys... But since Sound Choice keeps saying how THEY can not give us rights to format shift to computer... but they allow and give out their licensing rights for format shifted songs.

I think this is enough proof against them.
Hopefully Hoster 3.316
ASUS M2A-VM Motherboard
1 - 160 GB external HD
Realtek HD Audio

www.downhomekaraoke.biz
Old January 10th, 2007, 11:46 PM

Also if you look at the bottom of the home page or anypage pretty much you will see this gif

If you click on any of previewable downloads on that site you clearly see they are sound choice style karaoke format songs.
Hopefully Hoster 3.316
ASUS M2A-VM Motherboard
1 - 160 GB external HD
Realtek HD Audio

www.downhomekaraoke.biz
Old January 11th, 2007, 10:38 AM

Video karaoke for sale

Do a seach on video.google.com for 'Sound Choice'. It will give you hundreds of songs that you can buy for $1.99. Isn't this the same as buying the CDG and then converting it to hoster. There's not a problem with public domain songs, but there are more than just public domain songs available.

We haven't done that because licensing isn't in place, yet (We're working on legal downloads, but won't do it until we are legal).

Jim
Old January 16th, 2007, 10:47 AM

ak2mike,
Sorry, but when I read you post #16 it sounds like you are trying to use This MTU forum to sell products for its competition.

There is nothing in this that is relevant.
Old January 16th, 2007, 10:53 AM

not at all ..... no way

this website sells karaoke downloads

that has been part of this discussion in this thread I believe!!

it just justifies the fact that there are folks out there involved in this kind of business, possibly without regard for the legalities of what they are doing!!!
Old January 16th, 2007, 10:59 AM

Admin,
I suggest you edit out the contact info and the price on post #16 of this thread. otherwise I see this as a commercial.
Gary.....
Old January 16th, 2007, 11:15 AM

The problem is DISCS ARE DEAD, but those who still make them don't yet know it.

We have been working on securing our software, and now KMA songs and we will very soon have an alternative to offer the producers... who are willing to move to Internet digital downloads.
=====================================
admin you need to start selling music as well as software. i would buy all my music downloads from MTU.

i bet alot of others here would also.
I Sure Would I could stop my auto ship of THM's and not have to fight them to load anymore. although the last update fixed all my problems with loading anyway.

yeah I would do it! CAVS make their own why can't MTU start working on making downloads for their own player I know it does take some time to make it legal with the holders of the orginal music but sure I would go with MTU downloads over SC, THM, PHM, or any other company if their quality matched or was better of at least THM (which is OK but not the best in anyway so far I think Zoom is starting to be the best out there) MTU should maybe even setup some sort of download program with Zoom and THM like CAVS has. I would start with the basics of songs like start with DK 1-99 songs list. It would take a heck of a lot of time to build a database but for MTU users I think it would be worth the wait!

A link to the [company] web site was found on the Sound Choice website.

this is just a few of the things said about file format shifting and karaoke downloads in this thread

this post in no way, shape, form or fashion meant to advertise anyone elses product

if there are any items that should be deleted from it .... then please.... delete them

also if gduns thinks the post has no relation to what has been in this thread....then delete the whole post

Mike Summitt
Old January 16th, 2007, 11:18 AM

I can guarantee you the minute it is legal for MTU to allow downloads, they will be doing so.

Jim
Old January 16th, 2007, 11:22 AM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
I can guarantee you the minute it is legal for MTU to allow downloads, they will be doing so.

Jim

and i will be buying from them and only them !

Windows 10

Hoster 5.10
Old January 16th, 2007, 03:59 PM
VIP

Works fine for me.

Someone brought up on another thread. What if someone were just to use Hoster as a player only for the original media? Tecnically it still needs to import into a temporary file (copying) that self deletes after Hoster is closed, however it is still being used with the original disc - not from the hard drive. Would THAT be legal? I know that kind of defeats the purpose of the program itself, but was just wondering?
Old January 16th, 2007, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonman View Post
Works fine for me.

Someone brought up on another thread. What if someone were just to use Hoster as a player only for the original media? Tecnically it still needs to import into a temporary file (copying) that self deletes after Hoster is closed, however it is still being used with the original disc - not from the hard drive. Would THAT be legal? I know that kind of defeats the purpose of the program itself, but was just wondering?

IMHO,
Personaly I think it is a ploy to keep us buying new cdg's as they wear out. If sound choice didnt make their product with such cheap media, and labeling, there would be less of a problem. Stellar on the other hand is just grasping at straws trying to get more revenues because of their recent legal expenditures.
Old January 16th, 2007, 05:23 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo View Post

Jim
Hummm..... no comment....
Old January 16th, 2007, 07:54 PM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
Hummm..... no comment....
sounds like admin has something up his sleeve

Windows 10

Hoster 5.10
Old January 16th, 2007, 08:09 PM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by gduns View Post
IMHO,
Personaly I think it is a ploy to keep us buying new cdg's as they wear out.

Although I think Chartbuster (which I have purchased a lot of) guarantees for life the original CDG's. Anytime, you can request a new one, if one does go bad.

Old January 16th, 2007, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryant View Post
Although I think Chartbuster (which I have purchased a lot of) guarantees for life the original CDG's. Anytime, you can request a new one, if one does go bad.
[/indent]
what happens if CB goes out of business? Just like some of the other companies. Then that guarante is no good anymore.... However Chartbuster is one of the companies that already offer downloads online.
Hopefully Hoster 3.316
ASUS M2A-VM Motherboard
1 - 160 GB external HD
Realtek HD Audio

www.downhomekaraoke.biz
Old January 23rd, 2007, 01:06 PM

Info about the Sound Choice and Stellar

I too have had several DJ's ask me about the legal issues about Hoster.
I personally think it is BS, so I will continue to use Hoster. I have done business with Mtu since 1999 and will continue to do so. I have found that Mtu has always been behind their product and the Customers, so I'm, not letting some greedy company or companys scare me from sticking with Mtu.
By the way Mtu. I have a copy of Sound Choice and Stellars press release on their allagations. I will gladly send you a copy if you would like.