MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old December 28th, 2006, 10:25 AM

Hard Disc Usage Microstudio 3.003

I just loaded 4 discs (60 songs) into Microstudio. I used 2.5 GB of disc space. I own 950 discs (17,500 songs). I had intended to load all the discs into microstudio but at that rate it doesn't seem reasonable. I do own Hoster but discs can't be written out of Hoster. Am I missing something. Is that the way it is?

Santo
Old December 28th, 2006, 10:38 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by santojmezzaroba View Post
I just loaded 4 discs (60 songs) into Microstudio. I used 2.5 GB of disc space. I own 950 discs (17,500 songs). I had intended to load all the discs into microstudio but at that rate it doesn't seem reasonable. I do own Hoster but discs can't be written out of Hoster. Am I missing something. Is that the way it is?

Santo
Actually the discs can be written back out of Hoster with the new Microstudio (3.00x). It recognizes and can write the KMA files to a cd in CDG format. Only thing I would suggest is to copy the files you want to burn to disc into another folder rather than setting Microstudio's default folder to your Hoster songs folder or you may be waiting a while for Microstudio to catalog all 17,500 files.
Old December 28th, 2006, 10:44 PM

writing back out of hoster

First: Is Microstudio (3.00x) different from Microstudio 3.003 which is what I have?
Second: Am I correct that if KMA files are converted back to CDG files I would still have a hard drive usage problem with 17,500 songs?
Third: I don't see any information in either manuels as how to accomplish this. I located the folder with all the hoster KMA songs in it. Where do I go from here?

Santo
Old December 28th, 2006, 11:40 PM

You have to select your kma files folder in Microstudio's Tools menu Default Folder command. Then, in the Write Disc screen, add them to the list you build to write to a CDG disc. MS will convert them and write them to disc. It only converts them to write to a disc.

Shuttle X ComputersWindows XP Pro. SP3 AMD 1.8 gig Processor1 gig Memory
Video NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 32 meg

Dell Laptop 1525
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.1
4 Gig Mem. Vista Basic

Last edited by admin; December 29th, 2006 at 10:29 AM. Reason: Good post, just a bit off the "best" recommendation.
Old December 29th, 2006, 12:03 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by santojmezzaroba View Post
First: Is Microstudio (3.00x) different from Microstudio 3.003 which is what I have?
Second: Am I correct that if KMA files are converted back to CDG files I would still have a hard drive usage problem with 17,500 songs?
Third: I don't see any information in either manuels as how to accomplish this. I located the folder with all the hoster KMA songs in it. Where do I go from here?

Santo
First: I used the "x" to indicate any version from 3.000 to 3.003, so yes 3.003 will work.
Second: The KMA file is converted to a CDG as it is being written to the disc. The CDG file doesn't stay on the hard drive, so no additional space is taken up.
Third: Look in the section of the Microstudio manual for "Write Disc" to find the instructions. Copy the KMA files for the disc you want to burn a copy of to your Microstudio "Default Folder" (you can change this to any location you want). Then click on Write Disc, make sure Karaoke CD button is green, Click on Add Songs (left side) another window opens and you highlite the files you want and click select.