MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > CD-Recorders and Media Open Forum

CD-Recorders and Media Open Forum All about drives and media

Old June 6th, 2007, 02:18 PM

Lite-on Ltr-24102m

I have the above cd writer in my pc but it won't copy the graphics properly. Microstudio says it's compatible to read and write CDG but when I play the disk in my cd player the graphics break up. I've tried using different read and write speeds, slowing it down to 10x read and 8xwrite. I then checked on the MTU website to see if this was a compatible writer and it shows - "LITE-ON LTR-24*".
Can anyone please help
Old June 6th, 2007, 03:21 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaza View Post
I have the above cd writer in my pc but it won't copy the graphics properly. Microstudio says it's compatible to read and write CDG but when I play the disk in my cd player the graphics break up. I've tried using different read and write speeds, slowing it down to 10x read and 8xwrite. I then checked on the MTU website to see if this was a compatible writer and it shows - "LITE-ON LTR-24*".
Can anyone please help
I went looking for firmware update on Lite On website and could not find that model. The closest I could find is LTR-24102B. The drive list you refer to was prior to Microstudio version 4. Version 4 changed the drive interface being used to the same one used in Hoster which uses an mmc interface. Older drives will not work correctly.
That said there may be several reasons why the graphics are not being displayed correctly. First I would make sure I had the latest firmware update for the drive from Lite ON. Secondly make sure you have all of the updates from Microsoft by doing a "Custom" update. Third clean the drive.
Are you getting a clean import into Microstudio (correct graphics) or is the import bad too? This can be the drive or the CDG disk (scratched, dirty,etc)
Old June 6th, 2007, 03:30 PM
Administrator

Quote:
...but when I play the disk in my cd player the graphics break up.
Since you say the "graphics" implies they ARE there. Thus, the drive is writing them.

The MOST PROBABLE factor I can think of that would cause the graphics to break up is... your MEDIA. What are you using? This is exactly why we sell CDG certified media.
Old June 7th, 2007, 06:14 PM

Lite-ON LTR-24102M

I'm using Imation cd-r disks, that I've used for years with my old Plextor and Microstudio without any problem. I have done a custom update from Microsoft and put a cleaner through my drive. I'm still trying to sort out the 'firmware' update but I don't know what it is so am searching stuff I have no idea about. I did find what I think may be on the Dell USA web site but it says I need a floppy disk to carry it out......haven't had one of those for years so may be a problem.........I'm still hunting. Oh, and when I play the original disk in Microstudio it breaks up also so can't be the media? It also breaks up when I import tracks and play them before burning???? Thanks for the advice so far, I do appreciate it......I want my old Plextor back, doh!!!!!
Old June 7th, 2007, 11:49 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
I'm using Imation cd-r disks, that I've used for years with my old Plextor and Microstudio without any problem. I have done a custom update from Microsoft and put a cleaner through my drive. I'm still trying to sort out the 'firmware' update but I don't know what it is so am searching stuff I have no idea about. I did find what I think may be on the Dell USA web site but it says I need a floppy disk to carry it out......haven't had one of those for years so may be a problem.........I'm still hunting. Oh, and when I play the original disk in Microstudio it breaks up also so can't be the media? It also breaks up when I import tracks and play them before burning???? Thanks for the advice so far, I do appreciate it......I want my old Plextor back, doh!!!!!
Don't go to Dell site, but go to Lite On website and get the latest firmware from them since they made the drive. It may just be that drive isn't getting a clean read of the discs.
You can always get a new Plextor. They do still have the 760 that I have and it works beautifully.
Old June 8th, 2007, 11:12 AM
VIP

Yes, get the 760.
Bryant
Old June 15th, 2007, 04:01 AM

Lite on LTR 24102M

Hi again

Ok, I've scoured the internet and cannot get hold of any Pletor 760's. Every site I go to says 'no lomger available' or out of stock. The couple I called then said that it has been discontinued. I cannot order another Plextor PX S88TU to replace my one because the only site I found is in the USA and they don't ship to the uk. I can't find the firmware update for my Lite on LTR 24102M either. I found a couple of drives on EBAY second hand but the models don't match exactly to the MTU list. I'm desperate now, can anyone please help?
Old June 15th, 2007, 09:41 AM

I have a SONY DVD RW DRU-710A that was working well with Microstudio 3000 and above, prior to my reinstalling Microstudio 2613 a month or so ago.

The only reason I mention changing back, is I cannot speak for todayregarding the burner, but see no reason to believe it wouldn't still be performing well with the newer Microstudio versions.

It will not work with Microstudio 2613 or prior. Don't know what the current market position is on it.

Hope that helps you

Erectile dysfunction treatment

Last edited by George; June 15th, 2007 at 09:48 AM.
Old June 15th, 2007, 11:16 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Hi again

Ok, I've scoured the internet and cannot get hold of any Pletor 760's. Every site I go to says 'no lomger available' or out of stock. The couple I called then said that it has been discontinued. I cannot order another Plextor PX S88TU to replace my one because the only site I found is in the USA and they don't ship to the uk. I can't find the firmware update for my Lite on LTR 24102M either. I found a couple of drives on EBAY second hand but the models don't match exactly to the MTU list. I'm desperate now, can anyone please help?
This is their website http://www.liteonit.com/ and the only firmware I found was for LTR-2410B which should work since that is the only model they list.
Old June 29th, 2007, 09:39 AM

Lite-on2410

I tried the firmware idea but it clearly wanted the exact model and not mine. I have now replaced the Lite-on burner with a Sony CRX 230E but Micrsotudio will play the music but not display the graphics on the pc. I then had to download a diferent software program that works with the Sony, which burnt and played on the pc fine. But, when I played it in the player a couple of tracks only weren't recognised. Obviously, I don't expect this forum to advise me on someone elses software, I'm just trying to give all the problems in case someone comes up with a solution.
I cannot find a Plextor 760 anywhere. I am now out of pocket from buying to diferent softwares, plus a CD burner, and it still doesn't work! Is anyone on these forums actually based in the UK rather than the USA and I wonder if they're having the same problems as me, or will they when their burners pack up?!
Old June 29th, 2007, 10:15 AM

I don't see any mention of which version of Microstudio you are using. Maybe I missed it.

If you have upgraded, that could be the problem with the Sony not working, or maybe even the LiteOn.

If Microstudio has been upgraded, make sure your Windows upgrades are up to date. Go to the following link, and select CUSTOM upgrades. EXPRESS does not contain anything Microsoft doesn't deem necessary from their perspective. Make certain to get .NET FRAMEWORK. The new Microstudio requires it.

http://www.update.microsoft.com/wind....aspx?ln=en-us

If you haven't upgraded Microstudio, then perhaps you should, and then do the Windows upgrades. It might get you back in business.

Old June 29th, 2007, 11:43 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
I tried the firmware idea but it clearly wanted the exact model and not mine. I have now replaced the Lite-on burner with a Sony CRX 230E but Micrsotudio will play the music but not display the graphics on the pc. I then had to download a diferent software program that works with the Sony, which burnt and played on the pc fine. But, when I played it in the player a couple of tracks only weren't recognised. Obviously, I don't expect this forum to advise me on someone elses software, I'm just trying to give all the problems in case someone comes up with a solution.
I cannot find a Plextor 760 anywhere. I am now out of pocket from buying to diferent softwares, plus a CD burner, and it still doesn't work! Is anyone on these forums actually based in the UK rather than the USA and I wonder if they're having the same problems as me, or will they when their burners pack up?!
When you added the Sony did you re-import the song files or are you still using the cd/files you burned with the Lite-On?
And as George said...Update Windows. Additionally, go to Sony site and check for firmware updates/ Evenb though you just bought the drive does not guarantee it is up-to-date.
Old July 14th, 2007, 06:18 AM

Lite-on LTR 24102M

Ok, I've now put the Lite-on back in my pc as the Sony is not having any of it. (I was re-importing the songs fresh each time). I have updated my Microsoft and specifically selected the .NET FRAMEWORK via custom install as advised then tried re burning a cd. I played a couple of tracks in my player and they were fine but then I played track 7 and half way through the song all the graphics went crazy, breaking up all over the place. I then tried another copy I made and track 7 did the same thing. I then tried it in another cd player, which is a newer model, and it did the same again. I then played the original disc in Microstudio and track 7 played fine (well one very small error at the end). I then played the copy in Microstudio and the graphics broke up again.
I am using Microstudio 4.00. My read speed was x4 and write speed x4. I'm just about to make one last attempt with diferent media read speed x4 and write speed x2. My first attempts were using TDK CDR and now I'm going to try Imation which is what I've always used with my Plextor. (For some reason the write speed is now giving me the option of x2 when before the lowest I could select was x4?)
Fingers crossed but I don't expect it to work!
Old July 14th, 2007, 08:20 AM

Have you tried faster speeds?

The slower the speed the better is no longer viable thinking, unless one is still using a burner from that era, 8X, etc. Not saying that's your problem, but going to slower speeds could be compounding the problem.

I discussed this with a Plextor tech a couple of years back and he told me the newer burners were optimized to perform at the higher speeds. He went so far as to say the really low speeds would probably give poor results. I had to change my thinking in this area, having started out with a Plextor 8X, and high performance burners started showing up.

I run wide open and never have, nor ever had junk on the screen problems. I also use exclusively MTU media. Second to that my choice would be Mitsui, what I used prior to the advent of MTU media.

Last edited by George; July 14th, 2007 at 08:26 AM.
Old July 19th, 2007, 05:11 AM

Lite-on LTR 24102M

I've tried burning at the fast speed and got the same result. Thanks for the tip though, anything is worth trying. I cannot buy MTU media because they don't ship to the UK. Maybe MTU could find a company in the UK to sell through as I'm sure there are others like me who would benefit from it.
Old November 29th, 2008, 01:29 PM

I have the Lite On LH-20A1S which is a OEM sata drive and it works like a charm with micro, no broken letters at all! Here's the retail model that comes in a box: http://us.liteonit.com/us/index.php?...=204&Itemid=67 I love this drive, best I ever had!!