MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > CD-Recorders and Media Open Forum

CD-Recorders and Media Open Forum All about drives and media

Closed Thread

Old December 15th, 2005, 11:00 AM

Plextor 716-A

Having recently brought the Plextor 716-A I am also unable to use it until Feb/March like many others as we all seem to have been mislead by MTU's product advertising. Grrrrr!
Old December 15th, 2005, 11:52 AM
Super Moderator

Kate,

Check the dates on those posts. Plextor 716A has been supported since last March. If it isn't working in your system, check your version of MTU programs. You may need to upgrade.
Old December 15th, 2005, 12:06 PM

Also make certain you have all the Windows updates.

George
Old December 15th, 2005, 04:18 PM

Kate,
This is the only drive that Currently works 100%. This is the only drive that we have been shipping for the last 6-9 months at least.

As they stated, check the version that you are running, and update to the latest version for support if you don't currently have the current version.

You do this by going into our Store account as stated in this FAQ: http://www.mtu.com/support/faq/faq-website.htm
Old December 18th, 2005, 06:42 PM

My 716A external has quit again. It worked briefly but had a lot of trouble with it. It does not work on my Desktop computer; my old MTU laptop or the new MTU Laptop I recieved last week. The 716A came with it. My MTU programs recognize it, but when putting in a disc to play on Micro studio or to import to Hoster, the computers freeze up. In fact if the try is pushed in at all any program fails to work. What's up?

Kelly
Old December 18th, 2005, 09:55 PM

Update:

Sometimes when I go to device properties it says it is ok and then the next time it shows the yellow circle with the exclamation point and it says "This device cannot start. (Code10)"

Kelly
Old December 20th, 2005, 04:58 AM

I have all Windows updates and run using the latest version of Hoster 3120. When I try to import tracks into Hoster the timer icon flashes for a second then nothing but Hoster does not crash. I also have Microstudio and that also will not read my Plextor 716-A and when I try to locate drives it shows no for karaoke.

Please advise!
Old December 20th, 2005, 08:28 AM

Same here Kate. Mine doesn't crash either. It just sits there and waits. But it does that with all programs, not just MTU's. My computer and MTU's program recognize the drive; they just won't let it read or play.

Kelly
Old December 20th, 2005, 08:35 AM

Plextor has an on line diagnostic tool for troubleshooting their drives.

I have no idea how effective it is.

http://www.plextor.com/english/suppo...lexhelper.html

George
Old December 20th, 2005, 12:11 PM

Thanks George, I'll try it. I notice though Plextor lists it's PX-716A as a ATAPI drive. It doesn't list a 716A as a USB. The drive MTU sent says PX-716A and it's an USB connection. In fact I can find no where on the plextor web site showing an External PX-716A USB.

Kelly
Old December 20th, 2005, 12:31 PM
Frequent Member

Update firmware at plextor . com this can sometimes help. 716 a and u are listed for the same firmware update. Bob
Old December 20th, 2005, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedmison
Thanks George, I'll try it. I notice though Plextor lists it's PX-716A as a ATAPI drive. It doesn't list a 716A as a USB. The drive MTU sent says PX-716A and it's an USB connection. In fact I can find no where on the plextor web site showing an External PX-716A USB.

Kelly
Kelly,

I believe MTU uses the 716-A and puts them in a USB case themselves..

George
Old December 20th, 2005, 03:26 PM

Thanks guys. I'll try it when I get home from work.

Kelly
Old December 20th, 2005, 06:44 PM

No luck. Tried the firmware update. Nothing changed. Computers still lock up when when trying to read a disc or even when there is no disc and the tray is in.

Kelly
Old December 20th, 2005, 07:48 PM

Update. Just downloaded new Hoster 3.300. Drive will still not work. Internal Phillips drive on laptop does work with new Hoster as they said it would. BUT, right now I sure wish my PX-716A would work with Micro Studio!

Kelly
Old December 20th, 2005, 11:21 PM

plextor 708

what is the difference in the 708A and the 708UF
Old December 21st, 2005, 02:52 PM

Went home at dinner and put in a sound choice disc and it worked in Microstudio. Took it out and tried again and could not get it to work. I have tried everything I can think of. Drivers, updates, firmware. Something is causing a problem with this drive. And not just on one computer. I've tried it on 3. Two of which are from MTU. Could it possible be there is something wrong with the drive it self? I'm glad the new version of Hoster is able to utilize the internal drive in their laptop. But I am at need in getting the PX-716A up and running.

Kelly
Old January 1st, 2006, 10:33 PM

plextorPX716UF

I purchased a plextor px716uf, it shows up in my computer, shows in hardware devices show operating properly it will not read a disc, any disc
presently running 3.10 and microstudio maybe 1 year old,,, I've tried upgrading firmware etc. no help any suggestions....thanks
Old January 2nd, 2006, 11:26 AM

The following has been passed on from MTU.

You would need at least version 3.110 to run this drive. So if you do not have 3.110 or newer then please upgrade to it for running Hoster with your new Plextor 716 drive.

NOTE: Do the following if the drives show under the Tools Menu\Detect Drives.

Open Hoster, Click the Tools Tab then down to CD/DVD Drives Defults,
Left click the Down arrow to the Right side of the Reading and Writing Drive's. Left click this same drive at the very bottom, even though it is the same name, left click it. This is the only way to reset the registry.
Click Ok, then close Hoster to save it. Then re-open Hoster and it should now show.

Good luck!
Closed Thread