MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > CD-Recorders and Media Open Forum

CD-Recorders and Media Open Forum All about drives and media

Old August 18th, 2003, 04:50 PM

Question New plextor DVD+CDG w/ Microstudio 2.506

Can you clarify something for us? When I click on the Microstudio 2.506 link, it takes me to the page listing changes to Microstudio. The first item listed is:

"Changes in Version 2.500 From 2.400
Not yet released

Supports new Plextor DVD+CDG Burners - Support is being added for this new CDR drive that is a DVD writer that also writes CDG discs."

It says this version has not been released but apparently on another page, we can get an upgrade to 2.506.

Secondly, it states it supports the Plextor DVD+CDG burner. However, I saw elsewhere in this forum that a DVD+CDG buriner does not yet exist.

Has 2.506 Microstudio been released?
Is there a new Plextor DVD+CDG burner? If yes, where can that drive be obtained?
Does ver 2.506 support that drive?

Cordially,
MTURaceBannon
Old August 18th, 2003, 05:23 PM

This is a typo, and will be fixed.

We thought that the DVD burner that Plextor was coming out with would support CD+G, but it turns out that it will not. They are working on another drive that will support the CD+G format, but that is not yet released. It should be supported in Microstudio in the next 3-6 months, once the drive is released.

Microstudio 2.506 has been released to people who purchase a new version at this moment, but has not yet been released to our current customers.

It will be released to our current customers once the website has been updated to support the delivery of the product to the clients.
Old September 6th, 2003, 06:23 PM

Question Plextor DVD-R,RW/CD-R, RW

Which Plextor drive are you referring to...the 50x, or the new 708A? I'm considering purchasing the 708A, but want to know that it will support CD-G writing.
Old September 8th, 2003, 04:10 PM

We don't know about the 708 drive yet. It will be supported as a drive under Microstudio in about 3-4 months, but until then we can't get one in to test to make sure it works for Karaoke.

It does state that it will work for CD+G, we just won't know for sure until then.
Old October 9th, 2003, 09:23 AM

I have the Plextor 708A drive for about 3 weeks now. This drive is capable of burning CD+G cd's using cloneCD. However it does not work with CloneCD if it copy protected. Great piece of hardware if you are looking to upgrade your burner. It is not supported by Microstudio software as of yet.
Old October 9th, 2003, 01:23 PM

This is the only drive that will work for Karaoke. This is the one that is now supported in Microstudio 2.508, click your download link for Microstudio 2.506 and you can get the update to 2.508. It does support the 708A drive.
Old October 14th, 2003, 03:07 PM

Plextor Plexwriter Premium

Does 2.508 support this drive yet?
Old October 14th, 2003, 05:00 PM

Yes,
2.508 does support this drive now.
Old January 6th, 2004, 08:20 AM

I have just bought and installed one of these drives ( Plextor PX-708A/T3 firmware 1.4 ) and cant get the demo version of MicroStudio to play the CDG track correctly. The track starts and then appears to "jump" - the graphic starts to paint and then stops and the audio jumps forward and backwards - like a dirty CD would do. However the demo version of the CAVS CDG player plays the CDG's okay. I have tried several brand new disk ( and some that I have played in my commercial CDG player ) and it always happens. Any advise?
Old January 6th, 2004, 04:16 PM

Plextor drive

Strange,

I believe most Plextor if not all should be working with cdg?
In fact, I believe MTU has decided to only support this brand with the latest Micro version, probably a good decision based on the fact that it's a REAL CDG player, burner...

Other brands might work with cdg's but will now need another software to be played with.
I just bought a dvd burner AOPEN 4410 that's capable of reading only a cdg file, of course Microstudio doesn't say so but another software that I have will confirm that it is in fact a read only cdg player and I'd say it's not bad at all!! Not a Plextor but better than my previous Yamaha.

Good Luck
Old January 12th, 2004, 06:13 AM

Plextor PX-708A

The fault doesnt appear to be with the drive itself, as another CDG player will play CDG's from this drive - but I cant get the MTU one to work with this drive.

Has anyone got the 708A working with ( currently the demo version ) of Microstudio?