MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Songverter Software > Songverter Help

Songverter Help Post Songverter questions, tips and suggestions here.

Closed Thread

Old February 9th, 2011, 11:07 PM

"MP3+G Karaoke Files (*.mp3, + *.cdg)" Conversion Problem

I Just purchased songverter 1.30 and tried to convert .bin file to Mp3+cdg, but at the start of converting the files I get this Message "Music file converter has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Window will closed the program and notify you if a solution is available. Tried wma+cdg and it seems to worked fine. All my other cdg files (Old)were mp3+g. I tried ripping all my newest cdg using microstudio and only give me .bin files option and the reason I purchased songverter is to convert .bin files to mp3+cdg but would not let me. Please help.

Using window 7 with 2 gb ram. on a Hp Laptop intel core duo cpu T2450 @2.00 Ghz.
Old February 9th, 2011, 11:21 PM
Super Moderator

Re: "MP3+G Karaoke Files (*.mp3, + *.cdg)" Conversion Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneEskalera View Post
I Just purchased songverter 1.30 and tried to convert .bin file to Mp3+cdg, but at the start of converting the files I get this Message "Music file converter has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Window will closed the program and notify you if a solution is available. Tried wma+cdg and it seems to worked fine. All my other cdg files (Old)were mp3+g. I tried ripping all my newest cdg using microstudio and only give me .bin files option and the reason I purchased songverter is to convert .bin files to mp3+cdg but would not let me. Please help.

Using window 7 with 2 gb ram. on a Hp Laptop intel core duo cpu T2450 @2.00 Ghz.
Is this a new setup? Have you used this computer before to convert BIN to MP3+G files?
Reason I ask is for MP3 conversion you need to have installed Lame_enc.dll.
You need to get it from here:
http://www.mtu.com/support/mp3-redirect.htm

If the link doesn't work go to Support - Songverter on main web page. Go to information about version 1.000 at bottom.
Old February 11th, 2011, 12:22 AM

Dale,
This Is a new set up. I used to ripped my cdg using different software ever since i started this karaoke, just ripped it straight to mp3+g format that is why all my cdg files were all mp3+g. I Just recently used microstudio to ripped my latest cdg but in only give me a bin files. The Quality of the files were a bit better on microstudio that is why i liked to use it for my next cdg's but it only give bin files. This is why I used songverter to convert bin files to mp3+cdg zipped format but apparently evrytime I started this format it will stopped songverter. I tried wma+cdg format and everything were fine. No Problem but another obstacle I encountered in hoster were the converted wma+g files would not import in hoster, Hoster would import the file if I convert the wma to mp3 then combined mp3+cdg as imported as mp3+g in hoster. I Do not have problem importing mp3+g files in hoster 4.32 but having problem importing wma+g, computer just hang-up. In Songverter, Wma+g were fine but mp3+g causes the songverter to stpped.
I Downloaded the lame 3.98 and put lame_enc.dll to my windows/system as I used window 7 but still give me the same problem.
I Just have to do a work around to keep all my files in mp3+g files.
I tried also in my Xp computer and have the same problem both in hoster and songverter. Perhap I have to Stick with my other CDGripper program just find a way to make the quality better.
Old February 11th, 2011, 11:46 AM
VIP

Quote:
Dale,
This Is a new set up. I used to ripped my cdg using different software ever since i started this karaoke, just ripped it straight to mp3+g format that is why all my cdg files were all mp3+g. I Just recently used microstudio to ripped my latest cdg but in only give me a bin files. The Quality of the files were a bit better on microstudio that is why i liked to use it for my next cdg's but it only give bin files. This is why I used songverter to convert bin files to mp3+cdg zipped format but apparently evrytime I started this format it will stopped songverter. I tried wma+cdg format and everything were fine. No Problem but another obstacle I encountered in hoster were the converted wma+g files would not import in hoster, Hoster would import the file if I convert the wma to mp3 then combined mp3+cdg as imported as mp3+g in hoster. I Do not have problem importing mp3+g files in hoster 4.32 but having problem importing wma+g, computer just hang-up. In Songverter, Wma+g were fine but mp3+g causes the songverter to stpped.
I Downloaded the lame 3.98 and put lame_enc.dll to my windows/system as I used window 7 but still give me the same problem.
I Just have to do a work around to keep all my files in mp3+g files.
I tried also in my Xp computer and have the same problem both in hoster and songverter. Perhap I have to Stick with my other CDGripper program just find a way to make the quality better.
On XP, I put the lame file in the System 32 folder. Maybe that will work on Win7
Old February 11th, 2011, 11:47 AM

Dale,
Downgrading to songverter 1.10 from 1.30 seems to do the fix in my Xp Gamecube desktop computer, everything seems to be working fine. Mp3+g were there in the output format. But I Could seems to do it with my Hp laptop with window 7. Tried downgrading to songverter 1.0 and copied lame_ec.dll to windows/system would not bring the mp3+g output format. What else have I miss?
Old February 11th, 2011, 12:25 PM
VIP

Quote:
Dale,
Downgrading to songverter 1.10 from 1.30 seems to do the fix in my Xp Gamecube desktop computer, everything seems to be working fine. Mp3+g were there in the output format. But I Could seems to do it with my Hp laptop with window 7. Tried downgrading to songverter 1.0 and copied lame_ec.dll to windows/system would not bring the mp3+g output format. What else have I miss?
Did you try putting it in System 32?
Old February 11th, 2011, 12:51 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird74 View Post
Did you try putting it in System 32?
For Windows 7 he did it right. Instructions for Windows 7 do say put it is System folder not System32.
Old February 11th, 2011, 01:01 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Dale,
I am not sure that version 1.0 would work right on Windows 7 anyway as this was Pre-Vista. You don't need to downgrade anyway. It was just that the lame_enc.dll file is not a normally loaded file with Windows. That is why you needed to add it for MP3 support.
In one of you posts you said you tried MP3+g ZIP. Did you try just going to MP3+G. You also said it would convert to WMA+G. Did you try converting those to MP3+G?
Old February 11th, 2011, 05:05 PM

Dale,
There is no file format for mp3+g, That's why I could not do it in songverter 1.30 only mp3+g +zipped but everytime it start to convert the bim files it would stopped and message would appear "Music File Converter has stopped working."
Tried both ways, put lame_enc.dll on windows/System and System32 both with no luck.
I Noticed on Xp there is output format for mp3+g and mp3+g zipped, but on window 7 there is only one, mp3+g zipped.
Old February 11th, 2011, 05:23 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Dale,
There is no file format for mp3+g, That's why I could not do it in songverter 1.30 only mp3+g +zipped but everytime it start to convert the bim files it would stopped and message would appear "Music File Converter has stopped working."
Tried both ways, put lame_enc.dll on windows/System and System32 both with no luck.
I Noticed on Xp there is output format for mp3+g and mp3+g zipped, but on window 7 there is only one, mp3+g zipped.
The mp3+g & mp3 is missing from the drop down list until the lame_enc.dll is loaded into the system folder. The zip folders show but don't work.
Perhaps you have done something wrong when you loaded the lame_enc.dll.

If you open the system folder can you see the file there? If you downloaded it did you unzip it first and just copy the lame_enc.dll.
It is the Windows/system folder that it needs to be in for Windows 7.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old February 11th, 2011, 05:33 PM

Roy,
yes, I did extract the lame_enc and put it in windows/system folder many times and even tried different version. tried also to put in system32 flder with no luck. Finally got it going when I removed songverter just ths Pm and downgrade to 1.20 and still did not pick up the mp3+g output format, then i Installed 1.21 and again extract lame_enc and put lame_enc.dll on system and system32, then 1.21 pick it up and got the output format mp3+g on songverter 1.21. then upgrade to 1.30 and everything seems to be there. Finally got this laptop with win 7 going.
Old February 11th, 2011, 05:42 PM
Super Moderator

Yeah!!! I don't think the Lame_enc had to be installed before it would be used, however it could be to that you needed to at least reboot the computer. Glad to hear it is working now.
Old February 13th, 2011, 10:28 PM

Dale,
Thanks a lot for the help, also with the other guys.. Sorry for the late response, it's weekend and Karaoke Happened only on weekend for me. Yes, after many installation and rebootting, it finally pick up the mp3+g output format. Tried it today and it seems to work fine. Now I have lame_enc.dll in both system and system32 on windows and everything seems to normal so i guess I just leave it like that.

Again many thanks for all your help, Dale, Roy and Skybird74
Old February 14th, 2011, 01:43 AM
Super Moderator

Glad it is fixed. I am going to close this thread now then.
Closed Thread