MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > CD-Recorders and Media Open Forum

CD-Recorders and Media Open Forum All about drives and media

Old December 16th, 2005, 12:41 AM

Laptop cdg reader

I am looking to buy a cdrom or dvdrom burner for my laptop that can read cdg discs. It doesn't necessarily have to be compliant with MTU as I use my home computer for that. I'd also like it to be an internal so I don't have to carry an external to my shows.

If any one can help, I would be so grateful. I just bought this laptop and it won't recognize my cdg discs.

Thanks in advance!
-Eric
Old December 16th, 2005, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJFang
I am looking to buy a cdrom or dvdrom burner for my laptop that can read cdg discs. It doesn't necessarily have to be compliant with MTU as I use my home computer for that. I'd also like it to be an internal so I don't have to carry an external to my shows.

If any one can help, I would be so grateful. I just bought this laptop and it won't recognize my cdg discs.

Thanks in advance!
-Eric

Are you saying that you don't use Hoster!!!
Old December 16th, 2005, 04:57 PM

You are correct, George. I demo'd Hoster, but I really needed something that would allow me to DJ and KJ through the same program. If I was just KJ'ing, I'd jump all over Hoster as it's a great program, but I needed more.

I do use Microstudio to archive my discs, and I'd like my laptop to be able to read them through my other program.

Thanks!
Old December 16th, 2005, 05:36 PM

Don't know what type of audio you're using to DJ, but the newer version of Hoster will play WMA's and MP3's.

Check out the recent changes regarding DJ additions on the product page at this link....

http://www.mtu.com/basics/karaoke-hoster.htm

You can also import WAV tracks through Microstudio as CDG's and then import them to Hoster for DJ work.

MTU is also advertising the version of Hoster about to be released any day will allow almost any CDR/RW drive to read CDG. You may already be compliant if you get the newest Hoster. Check it out on the news page at this link.

http://www.mtu.com/support/news.htm

George

Last edited by George; December 16th, 2005 at 05:50 PM.
Old January 4th, 2006, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJFang

Thanks in advance!
-Eric
I know the Pioneer drives are CDG compatible if the software you're using handles MMC Deinterleave. Most karaoke software has been handling it for at least 2 years.

Hope it helps?

Mike
Old January 5th, 2006, 03:39 PM

The new Hoster 3.300 now supports the MMC deinterleave and the Pioneer DVD burner, not sure what model, that goes inside a laptop does seem to be working fine with Hoster.

There is no telling when Microstudio will have this in it yet though.
Old January 5th, 2006, 06:21 PM

Bryan, Doug,

New drive arrived today. Works great!!! Thanks for all the help. Will be sending the old one out tomorrow. Thanks always guys. Your the greatest!

Kelly