MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > CD-Recorders and Media Open Forum

CD-Recorders and Media Open Forum All about drives and media

Old April 30th, 2005, 08:06 AM

Unhappy Words/tracks breaking up on newly burnt cd's

Hi there
I have a Plextor PSX88T burner which I have been using for a couple of years with no problem. Recently I started having problems with words breaking up while using a karaoke player that belonged to the club I was working in. When I tried the same cd's at home on my own player I couldn't find any problems. I then advised the club to buy a new player which they did. This was a brand new Mr Entertainer karaoke player (although a cheap one) which seemed to play the tracks but still had a few letters missing. I reburnt the cd's that played up on one particular night only to return the following week and find more words breaking. Again I was reburning cd's as quick as I could, some of which were the same cd's being burnt twice. When played on my own player at a gig I have every Sunday there was no problem until about 2 weeks ago where the odd song or two would have missing letters. I am now frustrated as to whether it is the quality of cd I am using, 2 diferent cd player's not working properly or the Plextor writer? I cannot go to my karaoke supplier with this problem because before when I mentioned I was using my own copies they refused to help me. Can anyone suggest where I should go from here? Is there a way I can have my Plextor tested without shipping it to the USA? I will gladly buy more expensive cd's but they have worked fine for 2 years so why play up now?? Would a brand new player be more likely to pick up imperfections on a cd than an older one??
Please help!!!
Sharon
Old May 3rd, 2005, 03:38 PM

Re: Words/tracks breaking up on newly burnt cd's

Sharon,
This normally sounds like a drive going bad or bad blank CD's, it also could be that your Bar's player doesn't support the type of blank media that you are using.

Also you might try cleaning your drive out with compressed air.
Old May 3rd, 2005, 05:16 PM
Frequent Member

Re: Words/tracks breaking up on newly burnt cd's

I Have Had This Problem And It was the blank cds i was using, and believe it or not most of the time it was chartbuster i had the most trouble with. try a couple of different brands and see if that helps.i no longer have that problem since i started using hoster you may want to give that some thought. if the club has its own system all you need is your laptop to run a great show. just a thought. good luck. Bob
Old August 8th, 2005, 06:21 PM

I've had this problem and have had a personal cdg that I carry go so bad it would not show the graphics at all. I downloaded that cdg to my hard drive and reburned it and the copy played just fine. Go figure, and the problem cdg is still bad. Clean your burner, reader and make sure your cdg is without any smears even the smallest minute mark will give you a bad copy. I've had some that were given to me after the person used a cd fix on it, washed it with dishwashing detergent and it copied fine. The worse problem I've encountered for graphics going bad is a young lady that brings her own cdg used to use hand lotion, that and all sorts of makeup makes for a bad read. Showed her, that cdg under the light in my shows cabinet and she was shocked at all the fingerprints and smears all over it. Had her take in in the bathroom and used liquid hand soap on it and it played fine after. Just some of the stuff I've ran into, since going into the KJ business. Don't even get me started on kids, peanut butter sandwiches and request slips.
Old August 9th, 2005, 02:53 PM

Smile Words breaking up on newly burnt cd's.

Hi, I'd like to thank those who replied to my plea for help on this one. I took the player back to the shop in the end and they said it was the player (after having a go at me for using copied cd's!)They said some players won't read copies. I then tried a copied cd in another player, not quite as cheap but not as expensive as the one I use, and it worked fine. Maybe some models are being made not to read copies so the manufacturers make more money? I've been playing the cd's since with no problems. I hope someone finds this useful, just thought I'd pass it on.
Thank you again!
Sharon