MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > CD-Recorders and Media Open Forum

CD-Recorders and Media Open Forum All about drives and media

Old March 1st, 2006, 02:34 PM

Soundchoice Mutisession Won't Read - Older Plextor FIRMWARE at fault

I have imported aprx. 1000 of my CDG's of various mfgrs into hoster including some soundchoice multisession cdg's, but as I got down to the last 50 soundchoice cdg's I can't read these with hoster at all. I have gone back and tried ealier imported soundchoice multisession cdg's, and these still read just fine. the SC cdg's that won't read are my most recent purchased ones, mainly
SC3314 through 3400, and several earlier 2200 series.
I have a recently MTU factory configured portable Hoster pc w/ P4 @3 ghz,
200ghd, plextor px-716, 7 hoster upgraded to 3.4.
It seems that w/ my ealier hoster 2.**, multissesions would read all but the last track. but now w/ hooster 3.** I can't get them to read at all.
Does anyone have a solution?

Last edited by KJAT9; March 1st, 2006 at 02:35 PM. Reason: correction
Old March 2nd, 2006, 08:44 AM
Administrator

Hoster 3.300 and the latest 3.301, use a different method to import Multisession discs... including the last track with the correct length. We tested with a number of Multisession discs and didn't find or have our Beta Testers report any that won't import. I don't know about the SC3314 - SC3400 series.

Did you ever try to import any of the SC3314 - SC3400 discs into Hoster 2.**? If so, what was your results? If not, then SC may have started using a new COPY PROTECTION method that is non-standard.
Old March 2nd, 2006, 01:13 PM

Sc3314 - Sc3400 Multissesions

I Don't think so. These were my most recent SC's purchased aprx 2004 - 2005 and the final cdg's I have to import into Hoster in order complete this process. I have been porting my cdg's into Hoster for a year now, and am eager to get started with my new Hoster system, but I don't want to start without these my latest additions of S.C. new monthly releases. I wonder if anyone
else has had any luck with this series/vintage of soundchoice multissesion cdg's?
Or if anyone knows of a solution or software that will copy these cdg tracks
onto a cdg that can be imported to Hoster. I hope someone knows of a
process that will work, as this will be an expesive collection to replace.
Old March 2nd, 2006, 04:18 PM

These cdg's SC3314 - SC3400 which won't read at all are mostly Soundchoice power picks series.
Old March 3rd, 2006, 12:02 PM
VIP

Thats weird, I had a singer bring in a power pick cd-g last week and while I was importing during a song, Hoster blimped out and everything went quiet, embarrassing huh.

Is power Pick one of the "bad guys" to avoid, perhaps??

I already avoid chartbuster like the plague, sheesh!!
Old March 3rd, 2006, 03:55 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJAT9
These cdg's SC3314 - SC3400 which won't read at all are mostly Soundchoice power picks series.
We're ordering one today. We'll research this problem.

Thanks for this thread!
Old March 3rd, 2006, 04:41 PM

We just ordered disc 3314, 3400 and 3416. They should be here at MTU sometime towards the end of next week so that we can look at this problem.
Old March 3rd, 2006, 04:47 PM

it may be a mediacloq thing. they were on some powerpicks as well as the spotlights.
Beta Test Machine: DELL Inspiron 1721 * Vista Home Premium SP1 * AMD Athlon 64 dual core tk-57 1.90MHz * DVD/CDR Drive * 250GB HDD * 3GB RAM.

Show Work PC: Windows XP Pro sp3 * Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4 GHz, 4MB * 2GB DDR2-667 RAM * 80GB HD (C: for OS & Apps) * 500GB HD * 250 GB HD * DVD Recorder (Sony ADW-Q170A) * M-Audio Delta 410 Audio * ATI RADEON X1600 Pro 512MB video.
Old March 4th, 2006, 01:49 AM
VIP

What is a mediaclog thing. Not very good at jargon, am I?
Old March 12th, 2006, 10:01 PM

Question Sc Multisession That Won't Import

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTUSUPPORT
We just ordered disc 3314, 3400 and 3416. They should be here at MTU sometime towards the end of next week so that we can look at this problem.
Any luck importing these cdg's?
Old March 15th, 2006, 09:43 AM

kJAT9,
I got 2 of these discs in Yesterday. The ones that I have are SC3400 and SC3314, they are multisession and they show all 16 tracks on both Discs using the following drives:

Plextor PX-716AL Firmware Version: 1.02
Plextor PX-740A Firmware Version 1.01 NOTE:This drive does not normally work correctly for Multisession discs, but with these it is working fine.
Plextor PX-716A Firmware Version: 1.09
Pioneer DVR-K05 Firmware Version : 1.03(Laptop drive)

They show all 16 tracks on both of the discs on all the listed drives above, so this must be a hardware related problem.

Try updating your Firmware for your Plextor drives from:http://www.plextor.com/english/suppo...oads.html#firm Select the model of your Plextor drive, and download and update to the latest firmware.
Old March 15th, 2006, 01:08 PM

SC multisession

Thanks I'll try updating updating my Plextor firmware.
I did manage to get 13 of the 16 tracks from #3400 to import after trying several times. but #3314 won't read any tracks at all. I have been able to get most of my SC multisessions to import except for aprx. 25 of them won't read at all.
Old March 15th, 2006, 06:33 PM
Administrator

Since our test concluded that current Plextor drives read these discs, you may want to consider upgrading your drive... if upgrading the firmware on your existing drives failed to deliver... and if you need these tracks quickly.

We are working on Hoster 3.400, which will have a superior drive interface to work with more drives. We don't have it working yet even to beta test, so we don't even have an estimated release date. It will be out as fast as we can release it.