MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > CD-Recorders and Media Open Forum

CD-Recorders and Media Open Forum All about drives and media

Old April 2nd, 2005, 11:49 AM

Exclamation CDG Compatible drives

I've been away from this site for while now and the reason I wish to post this is to let people know that there is more than one company who makes CDG compatible drives on the market. Of course, the best you can buy would be a Plextor and ideally from MTU cause they test before shipping.

You would probably be amazed to know how many drives do read the graphic perfectly with out any broken letters, they can read by single tracks, extract by tracks or entire disk, they can also burn cdg with a compatible software. The problem is the driver used with the software, the standard driver would be the one MTU & CDRWin uses which will work perfectly with most Plextor drive but will not detect the others which are very often cdg compatible.

Now, don't get me wrong, the goal here is not to make a bad press on any of the MTU products, they make excellent software, good support but for a cost reason I beleive, limits them self to the old format which only works with the Plextor drives and some older models.

You can get an ASUS cd-rom only that reads cdg perfectly, lot's of the new DVD-RW drives on the market also reads the graphic even know it doesn't say on the packaging. My Pioneer DVR-108 is a good example, Microstudio says it's cdg compatible but it won't play, the Nero info tools says NOT cdg compatible but the reality is, it works perfectly which in fact even better than my Plextor 5224!

I just can't believe this issue hasn't been resolved yet at MTU, you folks are the leader in this Karaoke world, your software should be working with many many more drives

Regards
Old April 3rd, 2005, 04:52 AM
Frequent Member

Re: CDG Compatible drives

click on the site for News. and read what MTU is doing about this problem. they have already addressed it. Bob
Old April 3rd, 2005, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcox
click on the site for News. and read what MTU is doing about this problem. they have already addressed it. Bob
Thanks for your reply, this is GREAT news for everyone

Wrong date btw, it should say 2005

Regards
Old April 5th, 2005, 11:20 AM

This has been under Deveopement for a long long time, the problem is how long it is taking to get it right.

We hope to start beta testing in the next few weeks.
Old November 15th, 2005, 01:57 PM

Question Media clog

I just got a Plextor 740A CDR,CDRW, DVD burner. AN IDE unit. I used it on MediaClog and Muliti session Sound Choice CD-G's. Mtu did not reconize the burner so I use another program to burn them. It picked up on the sub channel data in both disc. Why doesn't Microstudio work with this burner if you have other Plextor burner that you use?
Old November 18th, 2005, 04:45 PM

Sorry,
This dirve does not work with our software. As this drive is made by Benq and then marketed by Plextor.

This drive does not support CD+G reading and Writing at the hardware level, this is what our software currently requires.

We are working on making it work, but this drive is giving us alot of problems, and may never give the graphics correctly.

The Plextor 716 models work perfect and are a much superior drive to this model.
Old December 5th, 2005, 11:02 PM

I just purchased a PX-716UF model Hoster nor microstudio recognized it. Is this 716 model and exception?
Old December 6th, 2005, 02:15 AM
Frequent Member

plextor 716uf works great in both programs. i have two of them
try rebooting also look in detect drives and see if it is listed.Bob
Old December 6th, 2005, 01:39 PM

Thanks, bob I'll give it a try.
Old December 7th, 2005, 09:30 AM

Micbob,
You will need the current versions of the software to make this drive work also.

Please click on the Help Menu\About and post what version you are running, this will tell us if you have a version that supports this drive or not.