MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > KPro Studio and KHPro Software - Create your Own Karaoke Songs > KPro Studio and KHPro Help

KPro Studio and KHPro Help Post KPro Studio and KHPro questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old May 26th, 2004, 03:41 AM

Question Adjust lyrics

I would like to ask, Is there a limit on how many words you can adjust? Sometimes when a work a little extra adjusting the lyrics the songs get out of sync....Any help or suggestions????
Old May 26th, 2004, 08:09 AM

You can adjust as many words at a time in a line of text as you wish. To adjust the entire line, hold down on the SHIFT key and select the first word in the line. The entire line will be selected to adjust as one.

To select less that the full line, select the first word without using the SHIFT key, then select any additional words individually by depressing the SHIFT key and selecting the additional word.

Hope this helps.

George
Old May 26th, 2004, 01:29 PM

Thanks for the tip!! but the problem that I have is the sync when I work too much on a song. It happens every time that I work a song too much on the edit words mode, everything looks great but when I finish the song and press the play button is completely out of sync with the lyrics. Am I doing something wrong? I even changed the video card for a very expensive one but it happens again and again
Old May 26th, 2004, 02:09 PM

Making changes to the text does have it's limitatiions, and can cause an out of sync sweep. I've had it happen to me a time or two, but can't recall exactly the circumstances.

I wouldn't think you could insert any additional lines of text, split too long a line into two lines, insert page breaks and things of that sort without having to sweep the song over.

I've deleted words, added apostrophe punctuation marks, substituted words for another, corrected spelling; things of that nature with no problems.

Hope this helps,

George
Old May 26th, 2004, 07:09 PM

I had been working on a song today. Apparently, if I do not leave at least 10 seconds with no audio at the beginning of it, the out-of-sync thing happens( I use the title and the credit page). I tried and it worked. Anyone who might experience the same???? Anyway, it solved the problem. Does the software have any function to insert silence at the beginning of the songs?. Thanks for your fast reply to this matter.
Old May 26th, 2004, 08:09 PM

Something's not right. I use two seconds at the beginning and five seconds at the end of every track with no problems.

Microstudio Is not an audio editor program. I use Goldwave. It is put out by a Canadian company, and as I recall, a couple of years or so ago it was around $35.00 U.S. It does a host of other functions also.

http://www.goldwave.com

George
Old May 26th, 2004, 09:42 PM
Administrator

Adding silence at the start of a song

Yes, this can be done within KHP 4.103.

Edit menu > Settings... > Title Page

Change the Display For: field entry to how long you want the Title page to display before the music starts. If it is longer than any silence at the start of the music, extra silence will be added. When you export the CDG file, the silent samples are added to the start of the file.

Let me know if this doesn't work as I describe.
Old May 26th, 2004, 09:51 PM

Don't know how I got on to Microstudio..Sorry folks.

George
Old May 27th, 2004, 08:20 AM

Not trying to be argumentative, but after sleeping on it overnight, I can't see that the amount of time the title screen displays has anything to do with the sweep sync. Any additional time added would seem to be confined to the title page viewing time, and not the .wav and sweeping time.

There's an option not to even use the title screen. I don't see how it can have anything to do with what's happening when the .wav kicks in. I think disabling it proves that.

I disabled the title page on a project of mine, exported it to cdg, and with a two second silent lead in that I always use, the sweep is in perfect sync without a title page, so how could extending the view time of a title page have any effect on out of sync lyrics?

I have always used the default time on the title page, and never encountered this situation.

I'd still guess there's a problem elsewhere.

George

Last edited by George; May 27th, 2004 at 08:30 AM.
Old May 27th, 2004, 12:22 PM

Did some more messing around.

I took a track into Goldwave and trimmed off all the silence at the beginning of the track. Music starts immediately.

Imported it into a file in KHP, and swept it using the 2 second program default for the title page display. It played back in perfect sync.

Added 10 seconds to a full 12 second display of the title page. It played back in perfect sync.

Disabled the title page. It played back in perfect sync.

George
Old May 27th, 2004, 12:48 PM

Sometimes it's just as easy and faster to retap the whole song after all your lyrics are correct than to try and adjust words. Before I even tap, I make sure all the lyrics will fit on the screen and then listen to the whole song (from windows media player) reading the lyrics in the edit lyrics screen and then change as necessary. It also helps me get more familiar with the song (not that I need it after recording it). But if a client brings in a song they wrote and recorded and want it to CDG, that extra listen helps. I have also found to lay down a scratch vocal and tap with that track and then just replace the audio with the minus track. I've done more than 500 songs and so now it takes maybe 15 minutes, start to finish to do a track.

I do agree with you on wanting to start in the middle of a song sometimes. A 6 minute song can get really long if you mess up the second to the last line or forget to put an extra chorus at the end or something silly like that. Or if there are 2 minutes of instrumental before the vocals start. Two minutes of doing nothing. Unless there was a way to put up multiple graphic pages at 15 second intervals for advertisement or something, so you don't have to look at the same lyrics or graphic for 2 minutes, not knowing exactly where the song starts. Or maybe a graphic in the middle of the song for the instrumental break (more advertising space possible).

Admin, how hard would it be to be able to put in multiple graphic pages as a future option?

Jimbo
Old May 30th, 2004, 11:19 PM
Administrator

Hummm....

Quote:
Originally posted by jimbo
I do agree with you on wanting to start in the middle of a song sometimes. A 6 minute song can get really long if you mess up the second to the last line or forget to put an extra chorus at the end or something silly like that. Or if there are 2 minutes of instrumental before the vocals start. Two minutes of doing nothing. Unless there was a way to put up multiple graphic pages at 15 second intervals for advertisement or something, so you don't have to look at the same lyrics or graphic for 2 minutes, not knowing exactly where the song starts. Or maybe a graphic in the middle of the song for the instrumental break (more advertising space possible).

Admin, how hard would it be to be able to put in multiple graphic pages as a future option?

Jimbo
Jimbo, good answer!

Now, we paid tens of thousands of dollars last year for KPro 1.xxx and this is one of the features we got. Problem is, the whole thing got so complex that the programmer screwed up big-time and bailed out on us. I have the source code, but the bugs make it unusable.

So, to answer your question, it is incredibly complex! A new programmer must find and remove all the bugs so this and all the other features, such as stopping at 3 minutes, take a break and come back and continue... will work right.

Maybe one day...