MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Singers & Hosts Wisdom

Singers & Hosts Wisdom Post how to be a great karaoke singer or host.

Old January 28th, 2007, 02:09 PM

Getting Started

First I apologize if I am in the wrong section of this forum for these questions. I am new to this software and currently use an RSQ 500 karaoke player to put on amateur nights at our club. I want to copy these CD+G disk on my Compaq V2000 laptop and output to a mixer/amp. Can anyone direct me in the right direction?

Also, will I be able to copy NEO+G disks with several hundred songs on each disk?

Any help is appreciated!
Old January 30th, 2007, 05:38 AM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bauer View Post
First I apologize if I am in the wrong section of this forum for these questions. I am new to this software and currently use an RSQ 500 karaoke player to put on amateur nights at our club. I want to copy these CD+G disk on my Compaq V2000 laptop and output to a mixer/amp. Can anyone direct me in the right direction?

Also, will I be able to copy NEO+G disks with several hundred songs on each disk?

Any help is appreciated!
As long as your laptop meets the minimum specs you'll find on this page, Hoster should fit your needs. You should try the demo to be sure.

As to NEO+G, Hoster won't import those directly but if you can rip them to a standardized file type such as mp3g or BIN, you can import them from there.

Perhaps someone else from the forum can suggest software to rip those.

Sam
Old January 30th, 2007, 08:49 AM
VIP

Neo-g ???

Okay, what IS NEO-G???

Old January 30th, 2007, 09:05 AM
Super Moderator

Bryant FYI

Quote:
Originally Posted by From Popular E-Store
Neo+G is the newest karaoke format that can store over 2,000 compressed CD+G songs on a single DVD.
12 Benefits to Choose Neo+G Karaoke Format:
  1. Store over 2,000 songs on a 9GB Rewritable DVD disc using Neo+G format
  2. Over 50 Neo+G commercial titles and thousands of songs are available in English and Spanish
  3. 6 karaoke players are now supporting Neo+G format. All players also play DVD and CD+G format.
  4. Virtually same audio and video quality as a regular CD+G disc
  5. Make your own FREE Neo+G Disc - Click Here To Download Neo+G creation tools and instructions.
  6. Access songs instantly by pressing song number. Save time from looking and swapping discs.
  7. Reserve up to 99 songs to sing and reserved song will be displayed on the screen.
  8. On-screen song title display and song search capability while playing.
  9. Rewind, Fast forward, Pause without breaking graphic.
  10. Intro Silence Skip function - 1 key can skip silent introduction and start singing right away.
  11. Download thousands of MP3+G songs online for FREE and convert them into Neo+G disc.
  12. No more carrying thousands of discs with you, perfect for KJs, parties, and rentals.
Old January 30th, 2007, 04:26 PM

Thanks for the replies. I didn't see if Holster is the only program I need to purchase or not. Do I need to ALSO but a program to copy the CDG disks onto my computer or will Holster do it?

Thanks again.........Just for info, I have a few NEO+G disks and they are great!
Old January 30th, 2007, 05:01 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Thanks for the replies. I didn't see if Holster is the only program I need to purchase or not. Do I need to ALSO but a program to copy the CDG disks onto my computer or will Holster do it?

Thanks again.........Just for info, I have a few NEO+G disks and they are great!
Hoster will import the CDG discs directly so no additional program needed for those. As to the NEO+G to the best of my knowledge and a bit of research on the internet the answer is they will not be usable except in the current player you have. SCDG format had the same problem for a couple of years after it came out. There are currently no programs to convert the NEO+G format to one that is importable into Hoster.
Old January 30th, 2007, 05:13 PM

Dale,

Thanks for your post, you have been very helpful. I am currently downloading the video hoster demo. If it works for me, I will purchase it. Thanks again!

Steve
Old January 30th, 2007, 11:42 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Dale,

Thanks for your post, you have been very helpful. I am currently downloading the video hoster demo. If it works for me, I will purchase it. Thanks again!

Steve
Your welcome. I still have my SCDG player in my equipment setup in case someone wants to sing something off of them that I haven't replaced or converted. Since I have a 3 input mixer all I have to do is switch to the player.