MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Hoster Software > Hoster Help

Hoster Help Post Hoster questions, tips and suggestions here.

Closed Thread

Old June 24th, 2018, 11:40 AM

Video Error

Hoster v5.51.01
Windows 10

Sometime after the recent windows \"update\" I get the attached error message when playing mp4s.
I have updated/reinstalled dells video drivers, and k-lite codec pack to no avail.
The little window in hoster shows \"Videos cannot be displayed in this window\" which is normal, the singer screen shows just a black screen, but DOES show the time remaining on the video, so its trying... just not displaying.
Any ideas?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg error.jpg (71.0 KB, 6 views)
Old June 25th, 2018, 05:20 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Video Error

I see you say you updated and re installed K-Lite codec pack, is it the mega pac ?

If so have you tried tweaking the settings ?

If you expand the K-lite folder in the start menu you should see Codec Tweak Tool. Open that and try the following.

First try the reset button close the Tool then try a video in Hoster. If no different re open the tweak tool and select the DirectShow (86) button under Codec And filter management Button.
In that dialog it shows Enabled filters, See if your showing under video ffdshow video decoder and ffdshow Raw video processor and Lav video decoder. If any of them are not showing scroll down the dialog and see if they are showing under any of the *disabled filters if so tick the boxes and apply then check that they are now showing under enabled filters.
As shown in my #1 attachment.
After that close and this time select Prefered splitters, under .mp4 you have a choice of splitters the Lav is normally shown as selected and shown as (recommended) on mine it shows as “use merit” as shown in attachment #2. Best to try Hoster with the recommended option first if still no luck try the use merit option.

See how you get on with that, there are other tweaks but try that first.

If all that fails don’t know if this will work on your computer but worth a try as a last resort, try this settings backup file from my computer, use restore in the codec tweak tool. You will have to unzip it and restore it from the enclosed folder.

If still no luck let us know.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg #1 tweak tool.jpg (75.5 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg #2 prefered splitters..jpg (86.1 KB, 7 views)
Attached Files
File Type: zip Codec backup .zip (27.1 KB, 3 views)
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old December 2nd, 2018, 06:07 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Video Error

Closed as no further replies.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Closed Thread