MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old February 22nd, 2003, 08:35 PM

Only Burning @ 1x

I Have Microstudio V2.315 and Plextor also have USB 2.0 and used to be able to burn cdg's @ 40x had to reformat and reinstall above stuff and now only burns @ 1x walk thru help would be great Thank You
Old February 22nd, 2003, 10:45 PM
Administrator

The manual...

Run Microstudio

Click the Drives menu

Click Speed Selection command

Click Auto Select if it is not. If it is checked already, uncheck it and select the maximum speed your drive is rated for.

Do this for both Reading and Writing speeds.

Let us know if this solves the problem.
Old February 24th, 2003, 02:52 PM

Still Burning Slow

Ok I Did the Drives/ Burn speed/ and Auto selected them But Know It Says Burning @ 40X approx. time 2 Minutes But Still Takes Over 30 -30 Minutes Per CD?
Old February 24th, 2003, 08:32 PM

Then go to the drives speed and set the read speed at 40X and see if that helps...

Jim
Old February 25th, 2003, 11:39 AM
Administrator

Quality of disc determines speed also

We have determined that if the disc you are trying to READ is poor quality, it will take much longer to read. We think this is because the CD-Recorder is retrying to read the track. If it doesnt' get a good read the first time, it will read it again... and again... and again until it will finally say it can't read and a DUPLICATE DISC operation will fail.

Sound Choice discs have been reported by users to be of poor quality and they take several times longer to read than other discs. If you make a backup copy of a disc using a poor quality blank CDR disc, if you try to play it in Microstudio, or make a backup of it, you can experience this slowness also.

MTU Silver CDR Media are the highest quality available. The number of bad discs per 100 is between 1 and 4, while we have hear some users report up to 50 bad out of 100 from discs they bought that were half the price. Now, if 50% were bad, then the other 50% cost twice as much, not to mention your time and frustration with the bad discs. Please, do not underestimate this point. Using good quality media also gives you a disc that will last you longer, be more robust to environmental changes and abusive handling, and not deteriorate over time. You can read more facts on this at our MTU Silver CDR Media page above.
Old November 17th, 2003, 02:06 AM

slow reading and writing

my burner was burning a cdg with 20 songs on it in about 2-3 minutes. but as of lately i have had the slow burn problem. i am set at 48x read and write. i am using the same stack of burn cd's as before, importing from the same cd's and BOOM! it is really slow on importing and burning. Any ideas?
Old January 13th, 2004, 02:47 AM

Slow Burning

No help from anywhere. But here is my answer and maybe yours. Turn off youe anti-virus software. I am back to a two minute burn!!!!!!
Old January 13th, 2004, 10:20 AM

Sternbro,
You didn't mention if you tried another disc. The reason I'm bringing this up is... Yesterday I went to burn a disc, and had nothing but problems. I never even thought about the disc, because I've always used TDK and have never had a problem. The only thing I had left to do, was try another disc... everything worked fine. I then tried the disc again and quickly found out it was a bad disc.

Just a thought,
Ernie
Old January 13th, 2004, 10:23 AM

Sorry, I just realized I used sternbro's name instead of cditton.

Ernie