MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microeditor Software > Microeditor Help - Versions 5.0-5.5

Microeditor Help - Versions 5.0-5.5 Discussions for Microeditor versions that use Krystal DSP Engine audio card

Old March 12th, 2004, 07:24 AM

Question Disk Free, MicroEditor 5.4

Would anyone know why the field for "disk free" on MicroEditor 5.4, which keeps a running tab on how much disk space is available on my system, is frozen. Recently, due to a virus, I had to re-install my Windows 98 operating system, and MicroEditor 5.4 and MicroCD 2.404. It always worked before this. Everything else works perfectly. Any ideas?
Old March 12th, 2004, 09:25 AM
Frequent Member

Frozen or Maxed Out?

----I know that, on my older systems, there was a certain point in time where the disk free meter could never cope with newer, larger drives- i.e., it would only display up to an outdated "maximum"....This made it appear that it was frozen because there was always so much more disk space available above this "maximum".....Perhaps this is what you are experiencing, though it seems to me that this behavior goes back at least 6 or 7 years.
Old March 12th, 2004, 10:17 AM

Aha...that makes sense. Although I'm still using the same physical hard drive, the size of the D drive is now much larger than it was previously. Thank you for the info!