MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Vogone & Vogone Easy Software > Vogone Help

Vogone Help Post Vogone questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old March 11th, 2006, 11:32 AM

How do I convert wma files to wav??

I have been downloading songs from www.music.msn.com and they are all being saved as wma files. I downloaded Goldwave and got an error message that said "This file is copy protected. Copy protected files cannot be opened" WHY IS THIS HAPPENING?? I'M GOING CRAZY! I want to try Vogone and I can't use any of my music because of these issues. Is there a way I can get my songs to download in wav format from the start? PLEASE HELP!
Old March 11th, 2006, 04:42 PM
Administrator

Digital Rights Management (DRM) is protecting the WMA files you bought. This is similar to iTunes and others that legally sell songs. The illegal market typically sells non-DRM protected songs as they do not pay the required royalties to be legal. Their may be exceptions to this, but my guess is not.

One thing you could do is get a quality audio card that has both analog output and analog input. Plug a cable into the output and into the input. Then, play the song, and trigger record. I beieve Goldwave has the feature (record while playing).

The resulting file format should be selectable, but I would think by default it will be a .wav file.

Vogone will then process the song.

Also, I have heard of a program that can record all audio played out Windows into a .wav file. This would be the simplest and least expensive direction if we can find its source.
Old March 11th, 2006, 04:44 PM
Administrator

I moved this thread to under Vogone, and deleted your duplicate. I think you will get better "exposure" here.
Old March 13th, 2006, 08:06 PM

Check Out Tunbite

I agree that "recording" the files is the answer. A great program (not free but reasonable) is tunebite, which has an accelerated recording feature. The recorded files automatically name themselves, and although not wave files, can be easily converted. Good luck.
Old March 16th, 2006, 06:47 PM

How can I convert cda files to wav?
Old March 16th, 2006, 09:28 PM

Just Rip From The CD

"cda" files are not really music files. They are just small files that tell the computer how to play an audio cd. Just Rip from the cd using a product like Microstudio

You can "rip" the songs as wave files and take it from there with vogone, or KHP, or even Keyrite

Of course with the right cd-rom drives, you can actually "rip" cdg files.
Old March 17th, 2006, 10:28 AM
Administrator

WinAmp 2.0 does a good job. I think in the later versions they may have hampered this or made it more difficult to find. Check out http://www.oldversion.com/program.php?n=winamp for a backlevel copy of the program. Once you have installed it, in the "Preferences... > Plug-ins > Output", you can set the output to be sent to a *.WAV file. Then just play the file that you want to be converted. I believe the new filename is automatically generated, but once the file is created, you can rename it to whatever you want.