MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old April 4th, 2009, 12:30 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackbsok View Post
Yep, disabled the internal sound card via device manager and bios, but still no help.

And nothing in device manager is yellowed...everything's working just fine.

Again, this is looking more and more like a problem internal to Microstudio...some bogus programming error that can't tell when the audio is really working.
Jack if it was an internal bug then a whole lot more people would have this problem and it just isn't that prevalent. Microstudio and Hoster both depend on outside Windows programs such as Windows Media Player and Internet Explorer to function.
I know this list is for Hoster but it has helped in the past for some Microstudio problems to so try it and see.
http://www.mtu.com/upgrades/hoster/v...de-hoster4.htm
Just skip the parts that you have already done and do the others and lets see if it will help. You can always undo them later if it doesn't as they are just settings.
Old April 4th, 2009, 01:42 PM

Thumbs down Still no go...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddouglass View Post
Jack if it was an internal bug then a whole lot more people would have this problem and it just isn't that prevalent.
Even you said you have no idea why this error is being caused. And unlike you, I believe enough people have had this error to point to MTU. It's most likely a unique combination of hardware that causes this bug, so that's likely to be a small contingent of users. MTU even admitted it was their fault for not knowing where to store files in Vista...is it really that much of a stretch to think they missed something else?

Quote:
Microstudio and Hoster both depend on outside Windows programs such as Windows Media Player and Internet Explorer to function.
Wow, just one more thing that isn't listed in the requirements! I wonder why so many karaoke programs use Windows programs for their underlying functions instead of doing it themselves and doing it right. The cost of codecs maybe?

Quote:
I know this list is for Hoster but it has helped in the past for some Microstudio problems to so try it and see.
http://www.mtu.com/upgrades/hoster/v...de-hoster4.htm
Just skip the parts that you have already done and do the others and lets see if it will help. You can always undo them later if it doesn't as they are just settings.
Well, I had already done this whole list, but I'll double check and get back to you.

BTW, thanks for trying to help...wish MTU was as helpful (or at least making the attempt).

I'm not against MTU's programmer, just surprised at his/her lack of knowledge in knowing what this specific error means. All he/she says is 'go buy a new sound card with the right specs' but won't tell me what 'right specs' to look for! And I'm also surprised that he/she can't explain why this error pops up WHEN NOTHING IS WRONG & EVERYTHING WORKS JUST FINE (and that's true for EVERYONE that's had this problem). I just want these error windows to go away ;)
Old April 4th, 2009, 03:25 PM
Super Moderator

However with the exception of you, installing the wave editor program fixed their problems with it.
Yes it took a while for MTU to figure out what was going on with Vista and where they had to store changable files. Microsoft was not forthcoming with any information on this, so they were having to shoot in the dark and figure it out on their own. MTU is a member of the Microsoft Developers Network and everybody was having these problems.
Basically any sound card except Realtek should work. That is what MTU is trying to tell you. The USB sound that you got wouldn't happen to also be Realtek would it?
The Waveinopen: Invalid Device ID means that it can't find the sound cards ID for the recording function. Microstudio records anything you play and also can record a microphone as well. In other words the error is not within the playback (audio) but is on the recording side of this. What a Wave editor does is provide a path to that function on your sound card that may not have been set up. So you see I do know what the error is and what causes it. MTU knows too but was attacking it from a different direction which is why he said to replace it.
The key here then is whether or not either of your two sound devices have any record capability. What make/model are those two sound devices? We might be able to find the specs on them and see if they have any record functions.
Old April 23rd, 2009, 11:17 PM
Administrator

Jackbsok, have you upgraded to Microstudio 4.20 yet? If not, please do. I'm sorry we have not been following this Thread up to now, but I have asked MTUSUPPORT to take a look here. I'm not sure why we recommended a new audio card. I'll check into that.

Please post back here if you have installed 4.20 and if it fixed your problem or not. Please post exactly what the error message now says with 4.20 IF you see it.
Old April 24th, 2009, 05:54 AM
Super Moderator

Admin,
I think you are getting your upgrade # muddled.
You keep telling people to upgrade to 4.08 but it should be 4.20. 4.08 is a Hoster file.

Roy.
Old April 24th, 2009, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Dennis View Post
Admin,
You keep telling people to upgrade to 4.08 but it should be 4.20. 4.08 is a Hoster file.

Roy.
The version numbers on Hoster (4.08) and Microstudio (4.20) are too close. They must be working on Hoster now and he has the Hoster number on his mind.

Jim

Test Comp #1: P4 3GHz * 3gb RAM * XP Home SP3 * IE8 * WMP11 * NF3.5 * Onboard Sound * Onboard Video * * * MTU Rack (Show Computer) * P4 3GHz * 3gb RAM* XP Home SP3 * IE7 * WMP11 * NF3.5 * Sound Blaster PCI-512 * ATI Raydeon 9200
Old April 24th, 2009, 11:20 AM

Thumbs up Problem solved for now!

MTU responded to my support ticket and a beta version fixed the error (without installing a new sound card)

BTW, I think the problem is that on my computer there is a sound program installed by the sound card company called "Realtek HD Audio Manager". Anyway, the point is that this program senses when different connectors are plugged into different jacks and when it didn't sense a mic plugged in it told the OS that the mic wouldn't work, which caused the error messages. At least that's the best guess...

A quick/easy solution was to plug in a connector to the mic input (any connector, even without a mic on the other end) and the error went away because the program "saw" a connector connected to the mic input...weird.
Old April 24th, 2009, 11:33 AM
Super Moderator

That was a beta of the current release. What Admin was saying was now you need to upgrade to the release version 4.20.
Old April 24th, 2009, 12:42 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Dennis View Post
Admin,

Roy.
Yep. Brain warped into Hoster...

I remember hearing about this realtek problem in a staff meeting. I can't easily correlate Forum Usernames to support tickets/calls and peoples names. Thus I didn't associate it. I don't usually do support... that is delegated.
Old April 24th, 2009, 01:36 PM

Talking

Quote:
That was a beta of the current release. What Admin was saying was now you need to upgrade to the release version 4.20.
I was wondering how people were just going to download it...didn't realize it was actually released now ;)

Thanks!
Old April 24th, 2009, 01:43 PM

Jack,
You can download the Full Version of Microstudio 4.20 from www.mtu.com, click on Downloads, then click on Microstudio.

Bryan