MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old January 8th, 2008, 03:36 PM

admin
thanks again for getting back to me as far as the ruffle feathers not so i enjoy being a microstudio customer and enjoy the program ,microstudio has help me to learn how to play guitar i took guitar lessons and play my guitar every day and use microstudio everyday and when there is a problem and i can't use microstudio to record as i'am having now to its does bother me,however i know you work hard to please us as customers and to give us the best product on the market.
as to the recording all i do is record myself i use my kma files for the music
and playback the recording .when i record it goes into my c drive as a wave file is this the proper format.
thanks bob
Old January 8th, 2008, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
However, if you are saying a song with backup vocals within, that they play back out of sync, I don't see how that's possible.
That is what I was saying. But I'm not at home right now and it my have something to do with my updates. MS update made a mess out of my printer and I had to do a system restore which blew out some of my windows updates and I haven't been able to get it fixed yet. But I believe it was doing it when the latest updates were current.

I'm not really bothered by it since when I record the back up disc everything is in sync. If I have time tonight I'll get the specs you're asking for.
Old January 8th, 2008, 05:11 PM

Okay. Perhaps I should say that the back up vocals and music are out of sync with the words on the screen. I'll see if I can find time to get the specs for you.
Old January 8th, 2008, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcrog View Post
Okay. Perhaps I should say that the back up vocals and music are out of sync with the words on the screen. I'll see if I can find time to get the specs for you.
Different problem entirely. Sounds like a typical hardware accelleration problem.

See if the solution on post number three will help you..

Erectile dysfunction treatment

Last edited by George; January 8th, 2008 at 06:09 PM.
Old January 8th, 2008, 06:30 PM

Thanks George. I wish you would have seen this before I looked all of this up though.

Windows XP professional Service pack 2
AMD Athlon 64 processor 3200+
512MB ram
Main drive 7200 rpm 250 Gig WD SATA (This is where MS and the imported files are)
DirectX version 9.0c
GeForce 6200 TurboCache with 256 MB ram
Optiarc DVD RW AD-7190A from MTU in early December
Sony DVD RW AW-Q170A came with box
Audio Controller: nVidia(026B)
AC97 Codec: ALC655

But it did seem to work. Thanks again.
Old January 8th, 2008, 07:36 PM

Glad to help.

Why don't you copy and paste those pc specs and save them to a file. Then if you ever have a problem in the future you'll be able to copy and paste them into your new post. Just keep the file current if you make any changes.

Erectile dysfunction treatment

Last edited by George; January 8th, 2008 at 07:44 PM.
Old January 9th, 2008, 06:07 AM

Thanks again. But I did that while looking them up.
Old January 24th, 2008, 08:13 AM

veritas2210

I too have had problems when recording my voice. Is is definitely out of synch with the music. All my hardware and drivers are up-to-date. In fact, we purchased a condenser microphone made for use with computers. It has an USB 2.0 wire for best speeds. The microphone has a cardioid pick-up pattern. We thorough tested the microphone without using the microstudio software and it works extremely well. However, when used with the microstudio software the lyrics and the music are off. Another thing that would be helpful would be to allow your voice to come through the speakers along with the music (the same way a karaoke player does). There must be some way of synchronizing the voice and the music, perhaps through sofware. In any event, everything else with the program seems to be working very well thus far.

Thanks,

EAC
Old January 30th, 2008, 07:02 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by veritas2210 View Post
1. I too have had problems when recording my voice. Is is definitely out of synch with the music. All my hardware and drivers are up-to-date. In fact, we purchased a condenser microphone made for use with computers. It has an USB 2.0 wire for best speeds. The microphone has a cardioid pick-up pattern. We thorough tested the microphone without using the microstudio software and it works extremely well. However, when used with the microstudio software the lyrics and the music are off.

2. Another thing that would be helpful would be to allow your voice to come through the speakers along with the music (the same way a karaoke player does). There must be some way of synchronizing the voice and the music, perhaps through sofware. In any event, everything else with the program seems to be working very well thus far.
1. Thanks for the great detail. That helps us even more to realize the problem is in Microstudio.

2. Good point that we'll look into. I expect this will take quite a bit longer to add this, but we may be surprised.
Old March 13th, 2008, 09:15 AM

Question Double tracks and vocals

Hello all,

I just purchased and downloaded Microstudio 4.006 last night. I tried it on two computers. One with Vista Home Premium with a duo core processor and one with XP Home with a Celeron processor. I tried it with my mixer, without my mixer, with an Xmod external sound card and without. I am using Shure SM58 mics, both wireless and wired. Both computers have 2G of ram, the lastest custom updates for Microsoft and the hardware components. I played with the hardware acceleration at all ranges. Hoster runs just fine on these.

On both, the music would play through fine, but when I recorded the music, the playback would had the music doubled onto itself (plays the song on top of the song. When I recorded my wife singing (she is the KJ, I am just the tech guy), the playback would be delayed and the music
doubled.

Thanks for any assistance.
Old April 9th, 2008, 02:24 PM

Tried DirectX fix to sync mic vocals to music wav...

I see this issue has been around for a very long time and I haven't seen any other "fixes" than to adjust the "slider" in The DirectX diagnostics. My only problem is that I don't have a "slider" bar to adjust in the Sound tab as was described.

I have Vista Ultimate with an up-to-date DirectX 10, an audio mic in the Inspiron 9200 mic jack.

Everything's working except the voice is out of synce with the background music.

I bought this program just to do this. I had a program called Microsing that used to help, but it doesn't work with Vista well.

Any help, please?!!
Old April 9th, 2008, 03:34 PM
Super Moderator

Don't think MTU has had a chance to work on this yet as they are working hard to get Hoster 4.00 finished and released soon. There are a couple other problems that have come up with Microstudio that need to fixed too, so I am sure they will get on it as soon as Hoster is released.