MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old November 7th, 2006, 05:09 PM
Super Moderator

I had a feeling that was the problem. This has recently jumped up and bit me in the a__ too. Look on the good side...you are refreshing your program files
Old November 7th, 2006, 07:11 PM
Super Moderator

song limit

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedmison View Post
I wouldn't think so either George, but today I repeatedly tried different discs that contained at least 20 songs. It failed on 20; failed on 19; but would begin writing if the song count was lowered to 18. So,... for the time being I have deleted 3.0 and went back to 2.613.

Kelly
After reading your problem with 18 songs limit on version 3.0 Itried it myself and had the same problem when copying from a cd+g but managed to copy 20 songs by loading in kma files plus it copied quicker.

Roy.
Old November 9th, 2006, 12:40 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Dennis View Post
After reading your problem with 18 songs limit on version 3.0 Itried it myself and had the same problem when copying from a cd+g but managed to copy 20 songs by loading in kma files plus it copied quicker.
Roy,

What do you mean by "cd+g"? Are these *.bin files? The old *.cdg files (which are just another name for *.bin files)? Or something else?

I have written a disc successfully with 25 songs (some of them only 1:30 in length), so I know it is not a count limitation, at least not for the combinations of files that I used. I added *.bin, *.wav, and *.kma files. By the way, if you add a *.wav file to a Karaoke (CD+G) disc, Microstudio™ will write blank graphics to the CD.

We'll keep investigating this issue, but any further information you can provide to us regarding this will be greatly appreciated.
Old November 9th, 2006, 06:23 PM
Super Moderator

18 Song limit

Hi Dclark
What I mean by CD+G is Karaoke CD. I tried loading a Karaoke CD by going to Import Tracks, then press the Karaoke CD button and read disc button, it loaded the full 20 songs from the disc. I then press the add Songs to write list button which it does and shows 3 min remaining on disc. I then press test cd button and it starts by saying preparing disc, then after a time it comes up with failed. Now if I knock the list down to 18 tracks it works alright.

I had no problems with previous versions.

I have a dell inspiron 5150 laptop. The internal cd/dvd writer works alright with the HWEC turned off. and I have an external Plexwriter premium-U CD-RW drive which works fine with HWEC turned on.

As I said if I load 20 or more songs in from my library off kma files it writes fine.

Hope this makes things clearer.

Roy
Old November 9th, 2006, 06:54 PM

Okay guys. Got caught up on my work reverting back to my older version. Going to remove it now;and re-download the 3.0 and try again. Maybe it will work this time.

YES! Ok. Update. Do not assume, that when you tell version 3.0 to remove 2.613 that it will completely remove the old one. THIS time after telling it to remove I went back into Explorer and noticed that it had NOT removed everything listed under "Microstudio." I manually then deleted the folder and went back to the 3.0 setup.

I took a disk that had 23 songs on it. Copied it; then turned around and had it write a disc using "21" songs. IT WORKED!

So, as always I appreciate the help. I knew between MTU and the people who make up this forum that the solution would surface.

Now, if you will excuse me, I have a stack of "MediaCloQ" discs that I am anxious to try.

Well, my excitement is now over; it doesn't do my mediaCloq discs.

I'll revert back to 2.613. It does everything I need, and much faster. Anxiously as always awaiting the "next version."

Kelly

Last edited by admin; November 14th, 2006 at 04:18 AM. Reason: Combined 3 posts together, slight editing to merge them
Old November 10th, 2006, 12:22 AM
Super Moderator

Kelly are you saying that version 2.613 would read the mediacloq disks?

SInce I only have one I guess it is no big loss, so I'll stick to version 3.000 because there is so much more it can do over the old versions.
Old November 10th, 2006, 08:05 AM

Kelly,
Have you tried software error correction with a non-plextor drive? I have had luck with media clog using that combination.

MACHINE NAME: [Monster]
Windows XP 64 & 32 Professional Dual boot
Processor - AMD xp64 x2 4400
RAM - 2.0g PC3200 ddr2 800ghz
Motherboard msi platinum (latest BIOS and DRIVERS)
Sound Card - sound blaster comp.(On-board sound device)
Video - MSI 6800 128MG
HD Primary - 7 VAROIUS HARD DRIVES ON THIS MACHINE
CD-R - Plextor (PX-W708A 1.04) CD-R - TEAC
DVD/CD-R - NEC (optiplex )
DirectX Version - 9.0c (4.09.0000.0901)
Old November 10th, 2006, 08:26 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gduns View Post
Kelly,
Have you tried software error correction with a non-plextor drive? I have had luck with media clog using that combination.
Software Error Correction can be used with any drive, not just those which do not offer HWEC. Give it a try and see what you think.
Old November 10th, 2006, 10:02 AM

No. The older version doesn't read mediacloQ. That was my hope for 3.0. And yes I have tried a TEAC drive, (in my desk top at home;don't remember model #) in my Dell at home but it won't do the mediacloq either.

I haven't removed the 3.0 just yet. Going to experiment a little more this weekend. Honestly, needing to copy about 8 or 9 of my mediacloq's is the only thing I need 3.0 to do. As usual, MTU always puts out a great product. It's just that I don't use all the new features that 3.0 has.

Kelly
Old November 13th, 2006, 09:13 PM

Finshed up this weekend tyring to get 3.0 to copy mediacloq. No luck. Also sometimes 3.0 would copy more than 20 songs to a disc and sometimes not. I went ahead and reinstalled 2.316. All the MTU products have always been the greatest. BUT, this time I will stay with 2.316. I haven't found the need for any of the newer abilities of 3.0. 2.316 still rocks with me.

MTU is still the best!

Kelly
Old November 13th, 2006, 09:56 PM
Super Moderator

I think your best choice for those mediacloq discs is to see if you can get them replaced by Sound Choice. They have done that in the past and I believe they still will do it. They replace them with the same disc without the mediacloq.