MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Singers & Hosts Wisdom

Singers & Hosts Wisdom Post how to be a great karaoke singer or host.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 19th, 2006, 12:40 PM

Songbooks - The Necessary Evil!

I believe to keep customers happy the need to be able to find the songs they are looking for so they don't have to come up and say "Do you have XXXX". As Host I update my books with New Song Pages whenever I get new discs, I never try to go beyond 3 new pages or set of pages, depending on the number of new songs, then I combine all the NEw Song Updates into one New Section. I have the Original Book, and then the New Update section. Having a year or two of updates one month at a time is a nightmare, too hard to find songs. Also my main book is in White by Title, Yellow by Artist, New Update Combined Section Artist & Title another color, and a max of the 3 neww pages in different colors til combined. Everyone knows where to look for the newest songs and don't have to ask. My pet peeve is to go to someone's show and they have books by Artist and seperate books by Title, I don't want to runaround all night looking for the "other" book that I will evevntually probably want, and I sure don't want my customers doing that, that's why they go to other KJ's show. I love the Laptop "Songbook" idea, but that's a whole new ballgame.
My humble belief:
1-People want a LOT of songs to choose from, and easy to find in a book.
2-Better singers, that will attract customers who will come, spend money, and bring other listeners, want a GREAT sounding system
3-People want a fair rotation
4-People want KJ/DJ's to START ON TIME
5- 1,2,3,4, and BE NICE, don't need to be a rocket scientist to figure this out.
I have 14,000 plus songs, went to double columns which I don't like, but the people do, and they have said so, because they like the smaller lighter books!
Just my 2 Cents
TK