MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old July 29th, 2007, 12:16 PM
Frequent Member

Exclamation Strange Problem suddenly started!

Hi, I have the latest version of Microstudio and all of the MTU suite of products and they have been working fine until today. I was going to build a custom CDG and when I go to start up Microstudio it appears to bee loading but then never appears on the screen. If I look in the Task Manager I can see the process running although it is not consuming any CPU resources. All other MTU products are working correctly. I do notice that if I try and bring up Hoster after trying to start Microstudio the Hoster screen does not appear either until I manually kill the microstudio process. I am runing Windows XP Pro with all the latest updates and nothing has changed recently on this PC. I have tried to reboot, restore to an earlier time and reinstall Microstudio all with the same result. I don'tknow if anyone else has experienced anything like this but if so any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited by UPNext; July 29th, 2007 at 12:27 PM. Reason: Submitted twice accidently!
Old July 29th, 2007, 12:54 PM
Frequent Member

Check to see if it got pushed off screen, to the right or bottom.
change your desktop res, see if you can find it.
does it show up in task bar at bottom of desktop to show it is running, Bob
Test Machine #1
Windows XP-PRO SP3
Dell 4700c P4 3.2 GHz
2 Gigs pc2-ddr 4200 Ram
seagate 320 Gig SATA Hard Drive
107 Gigs free
Internal Sound Card
NEC 6650a Internal DVD/RW Slimeline
Jaton Nvidia 8400GS-Ex 512 Megs Ram On Board
All windows Updates
Old July 29th, 2007, 02:13 PM
Frequent Member

It doesn't appear in the taskbar

and it is not minimized or on the seconday display. I can see the process running under the "Processes" Tab in the task manager but in does not appear under the "Applications" tab. The result is the same at different screen resolutions. I do not see any wrrors reported in the Event Viewer related to it either. Very strange!
Old July 29th, 2007, 02:17 PM

Uninstall and reinstall it.

If that doesn't solve it, you have created a system change that restore will recognize, and you may be able to do a restore to a date when it was working PRIOR to that change.

Took me a long time to realize why I kept getting messages telling me a restore could not be done as there were no changes in my pc since the date I chose to restore to. This gets around that by creating a valid system change.

Anytime I decide to do a system restore now, I simply create a change first.

Erectile dysfunction treatment

Last edited by George; July 29th, 2007 at 02:26 PM.
Old July 29th, 2007, 02:31 PM
Frequent Member

You May delete in registry and when you open it again its like the first time.
how to do this safely shoud be in manual. Bob
Test Machine #1
Windows XP-PRO SP3
Dell 4700c P4 3.2 GHz
2 Gigs pc2-ddr 4200 Ram
seagate 320 Gig SATA Hard Drive
107 Gigs free
Internal Sound Card
NEC 6650a Internal DVD/RW Slimeline
Jaton Nvidia 8400GS-Ex 512 Megs Ram On Board
All windows Updates
Old July 29th, 2007, 03:46 PM

The mystery of the third kind continues!!!

I have the same problem with KHpro Ver. 4.106 when I start from microstudio 4.1 it disappears nothing happens. When I try to start from desktop Icon it indicates that the program is running but I don’t see it in my taskbar or manager. The only way to make my KHpro work is to reboot and start from desktop Icon; also check for updates will not take me to the website anymore. It use to work fine before but as of 2 months now I’ve been having this problem, I also try to repair from Add/Remove program don’t work.

Any Ideas in solving this mystery
Thanks Joe.
Old July 29th, 2007, 04:03 PM
Frequent Member

Smile It's working now...

I had originally done a system restore to about three weeks ago but still got the same result so I undid the restore. Then I just did a system restore to May 2007 just after I installed the new version of Microstudio and it started to work. I decided to undo that restore and just try other restore points closer to todays date and see if I could determine when it broke. However, when I undid that restore and came back to the present state of the PC Microstudio now works! I have no idea why but it seems to be fine now. I'll just keep an eye on it I guess...
Old July 30th, 2007, 08:19 AM

Upnext,
I am not sure what would cause this problem. The only thing that I can think of is something with the Motherboard drivers or maybe another burning program, that is taking control of the CD Drives. Make sure you didn't install any new Program dealing with burning, as it might be taking control of the drives and not allowing Microstudio to Open.

Quote:
I have the same problem with KHpro Ver. 4.106 when I start from microstudio 4.1 it disappears nothing happens. When I try to start from desktop Icon it indicates that the program is running but I don’t see it in my taskbar or manager. The only way to make my KHpro work is to reboot and start from desktop Icon; also check for updates will not take me to the website anymore. It use to work fine before but as of 2 months now I’ve been having this problem, I also try to repair from Add/Remove program don’t work.
This is a bug in Microstudio with launching KHPro. So DO NOT Launch it from within Microstudio, or this will happen. Only launch KHPro from the Icon, and it will work fine.

This will be fixed in the next version of Microstudio.
Old July 30th, 2007, 02:10 PM
Frequent Member

Now that you mention it...

During the process of trying to identify the problem I did remove some programs and I one of them may have been a CD burner program. That could have been the issue all along. Thanks for all your help!