MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microeditor Software > Microeditor Help - Versions 5.0-5.5

Microeditor Help - Versions 5.0-5.5 Discussions for Microeditor versions that use Krystal DSP Engine audio card

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old November 19th, 2009, 05:08 PM

Amazing

We are still at it! Not only that..my username geggyboy and the password still works. Then suddenly notification. Just can't believe it..
Well hello there.. Hope you are all fine. (Jimbo and I talk techy quite a bit but not for a while now.. Time i did maybe and teased him a bit about Obama)

I gave a mate of mine a Krystal a couple of years back as he left Bahrain for home in San Antonio. He called me today as he has 'JUST" started to use it. He was a bit miffed; "The *&*^ MTU forum is *&^& nothing working anymore.. How do I ...... dah dah dah" etc..
I can help him out somewhat, but with XP it should just start working if he gets his connections right.

Anyway, Low and B. it is here..proof, we are speaking on it now... But whether there is anything to be gained from it technically now - is a bit abstract. We've all said it all! Dave made his decisions.. Amen!

Reaper! Tried that once.. An Ozzie guy who sold me a Krystal on here was using it and told me it was good, so we downloaded. Yeah..not impressed so forget that one.. I like the TV series though.

Rich u use the Fireworks? I like that kit. I like TC or did.. All my TC kit failed at the same time last month. The power supplies sort of faded out all within a few days of each other. Same fault... had to wait half and hour for them to come on. Two Gold Channels and Two Finalizers. I got power supplies sent out, but no good.. Finalizer lost its boot.... The Gold Channels make the most horrendous electrical noise now and I don't know what it is. For a year or two now i have noticed the background noise, like ambience and a bit of hum, which I always thought was just that....no amount of digging holes and running copper in the garden adn watering every day - seemed to make a difference. Turns out it was the Gold Channel.. Not too kosher that considering what the beast is supposed to be for. TC got fed up with me asking how to fix it.. I can if I have the diagrams.. Well sometimes..

I note on a very old post of mine about using the Krystal as the default Windows player.... there is a sentence added by Dave or Brian.. Says: NO LONGER SUPPORTED I never knew that it ever was.

WC..if you read the 2.7 manual it mentioned about the Word Clock plug on the top of the board... and ''''future software upgrades will include support''' Hmmmm! But yeah.. I'm not sure what you mean by the Krystal will clock to incoming AES/EBU. I thought it did that as default.. I don't know how to set the Krystal clock.. Internal or input or output...etc.. Is there a method??
(I only use Krystal on digital.. AES IN/OUT with a monitor to the 02R 2Track Digital in off the SPDIF output at the same time. )

I have just had a big run in with the guy that sells AUDIO TX and the Marion MARC 2 card. The card is ok, but i find the analogue outs are terrible but he says 10,000 of his customers are using it and ALL analogue to a mixer and no complaints. I can hear others using it down the line when I am connected ISDN.. I hate PCI sound cards... but with the ISDN stuff, sometimes you have to use them as the USB or Firewires time out the needed synchronous elements when using software ISDN codecs. In other words.. you go out of sync/frame/lock

Got the TC KONNECT 32.. firewire.. Cannot get it to work or stable enough and that is on a SHUTTLE X. Anyone else used it?

Oh I know what I wanted to say Jimbo... Boot Krystal.. as I said I am monitoring off the SPDIF to the 2 trk in dig of the 02R.. (AES goes to wherever need for recording) Sometimes I have to hit the monitor switch on the mixer twice - switch out and switch in again - to lock the Krystal and stop it ESSING!! I always thought it was the mixer, but I think it is the Krystal. But I posted about that years and years ago (before I had an 02R).

We got Pig flu in the house here.. (confirmed) so off to die for a while.. Later guys - Great to hear from you.. G ..