MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old December 18th, 2003, 11:06 AM

Angry error reading inquiry data for devices

(error reading inquiry data for devices).
this is th error i get for hoster and microstudio
when i try to open them i get that message 4 times, then it opens but i have no cdr drives recognized,so i cant write any or rip any, ever since i rebuilt my boot drive.
I reinstalled them and I have gotten all the xp updates.
What am I missing ?
Please help me !!! Ive spent thousands with you !
Rockin Ken Kay
PC Power Systems
rockinkk@bellsouth.net
954-650-3892
Old December 23rd, 2003, 09:59 AM

This problem was fixed by updating the Motherboard Chipset drives to the very latest from NVIDIA.

So if anyone else sees this error message, please contact your Computer or Motherboard manufacturer to get the very latest version of the Chipset drivers.
Old October 29th, 2005, 12:02 PM

Unhappy No joy for me

I've just built my new pc and it has Windows XP pro running on it. The version of micostudio is 2.611. Having looked through the forums and google I did manage to sort out the aspi drivers problem but it still won't recogise my Plextor 1610a drive that was running on Win98 quite happily despite following the above advice.

The driver installed was nForce4_amd_6.70_winxp2k_international.exe as I have an Athlon 64 processor - but XP did say that some of it's drivers had not passed the XP logo compatability test and advised me not to install them.

Is there an alternative solution? Did I choose the wrong nforce driver? What I don't get is why your software doesn't come with all the drivers it needs - most do.

Please help.
Old November 1st, 2005, 03:08 PM

Our software does come with all the drivers that it needs. The problem is that you must have your drivers in your computer updated for your actual System, we have no way to do this. This is your Responsibility.

The drivers must be updated for your Motherboard and working correctly for our ASPI driver to work.

Part of your problem may be that you need to go to www.plextor.com and get the latest version of the Firmware for that Plextor 16x drive. That drive probably does not have the correct firmware to work under XP, as it was release way before XP was available.
Old November 3rd, 2005, 07:39 PM

still no joy

I have updated the Plextor firmware, the ASPI drivers, the Gigabyte/NVidia motherboard chipset and I've re-installed Microstudio and still I get those 4 error messages. I'm currently trying to use version 2611. Is there a Microstudio upgrade that might solve the problem? Do you have any other suggestions? It is most frustrating.

Thanks.
Old November 4th, 2005, 04:31 PM

I would make sure that you have gotten the very latest NVIDIA drivers for your Chipset from www.NVIDIA.com. This is what another customer did and they worked for them.

Other than this, the software may not work on this new computer, as there is something missing from it that is not allowing it to work. We have over 9,000 customers using the Microstudio software for years, and this is a very rare system Specific problem. The problem is always fixed by updating the drivers for the Motherboard or the Firmware.