MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Hoster Software > Hoster Help

Hoster Help Post Hoster questions, tips and suggestions here.

Closed Thread

Old May 15th, 2018, 03:08 PM

Reimport as cdg

I accedentaly imported some cdg\'s as hdvids and they don\'t play properly. What do i do to reimport them? I want to use the same file names.
Old May 15th, 2018, 04:48 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Reimport as cdg

I would open the edit dialog under multiples tab and select them all from there and delete them.

Then re Import under the correct format.

You should be able to use the Disc Id to list them all in the edit screen.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old May 17th, 2018, 01:34 AM

When i go to the index file tab it is empty
Old May 17th, 2018, 01:17 PM
Super Moderator

When you open the index files dialog it remains blank until you make a selection. If you want to import as KMH select that button then the type of file on the next row, either mp3g or zip depending on the type your trying to import.
Once you have made a selection you should see a Windows explorer box that you can brows to the folder containing the original file. You must open the folder properly so that you see the list of files in the window, don’t just highlight the folder before pressing select.
You should then see the empty right hand space fill with a window in the top part, if that is blank untick the box for “Hide Indexed Tracks”, it should then fill with all the files in that folder, look down that list for the file your trying to import and select it. It will then show in the field and separators window. Below that is a Define field order button, next to that the field order will either show if it can get a match or will tell you it can’t match.

If it matches press the “Add Files button” and all the files should fill the bottom window.

If the info is shown in the wrong columns you will need to press the “Define Field Order” button and try to match your file naming then press the “Add files button again till the columns contain the correct info.

These files will only load in their original order if the file name contains the Disk Id and track # so if you want to match the original bookID and tr # you must set the define field order to reflect that.

Without that they will load in alpha order I think by artist name, not necessarily matching your original tr#.

The right hand column should show Imported for those already imported and ready for the new file.

Tick the box of the left column for the tracks you want to import and only then press the “Import Files” button.

If your file names do not contain disc Id and track # you can’t guarantee it wont overwrite another track.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old May 17th, 2018, 02:51 PM

I will try tonight when i get to the bar. Will you be available in the early evening?
Old May 17th, 2018, 03:03 PM
Super Moderator

i’m on a different time zone to you.

The time for me at the moment is 20.00hrs I’ll probably be around for the next 4 hrs.

Another thought. if you originally imported these files from a disc that you still have might be easier to re Import via the Import CD tracks option and just import the required track that way.

Then they will have the same track #.
Old May 17th, 2018, 03:53 PM

If i rember right after i choose file type ...then go to folder conaining files....then see all files after unclicking hide imported files next...i add files but only about 10 more or ls can be indexed at a time.

Should i index all songs?
Should i use batch or single?
Which file type is best ? Kmh or forgot other file type

Thank you again for your help
Old May 17th, 2018, 04:51 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldaiquiri View Post
If i rember right after i choose file type ...then go to folder conaining files....then see all files after unclicking hide imported files next...i add files but only about 10 more or ls can be indexed at a time.
If there where only ten for that Disc ID originally thats all you see.
The maximum that can be imported to a Disc ID is 99.
Quote:
Should i index all songs?
If you want to start again and index your whole library but I doubt many of your existing bookIds would remain.
If you say its only showing ten you could index all those.
Quote:
Should i use batch or single?
The trouble with batch is you cant check the files are listing correct, unless all your files are of a consistent field order you could end up with a mess. Single you get a chance to see how they will import.
Quote:
Which file type is best ? Kmh or forgot other file type

Thank you again for your help
I prefer kmh, the other is kma,

If your intension is to start over from the beginning you would be best making sure all your files are of a consistent naming order then you could use the batch import which would automatically import them without you having to check each batch. but before doing that its best to clear out your old database, if you decide on that I’ll try and explain how to properly clear your database in another post.

If your just re importing odd tracks or discs stick to the single option or as I said in previous post if you have the original cds re import from them.
Old May 18th, 2018, 02:42 PM

Thank you. I am getting a bit frustrated with this entire situaton and i think i would like to clear the db and start over. Most of my files are named in the same format. Artist - title. I have mostly cdgs some mp4s. I have 2 main folders. 1folder containing english songs and 1 containing spanish songs. I would like to include genre while importing
Old May 18th, 2018, 05:57 PM
Super Moderator

There is no way that I know of to auto add the genre of each file.

If your file names are solely “Artist - Title” there is no way to make them auto import with their Brand names unless each brand is in its own folder. If the file names do not include Disc ID then they will all be imported with an XYZxxx disc Id.

What is your main problem with how they are at the moment ?

Aproximately how many files do have in total if you are going to re import them all ?

Is using the edit dialog too big a task to get your database in order ?
Old May 18th, 2018, 06:12 PM
Super Moderator

There is no way that I know of to auto add the genre of each file.

If your file names are solely “Artist - Title” there is no way to make them auto import with their Brand names unless each brand is in its own folder. If the file names do not include Disc ID then they will all be imported with an XYZxxx disc Id.

What is your main problem with how they are at the moment ?

Aproximately how many files do have in total if you are going to re import them all ?

Is using the edit dialog too big a task to get your database in order ?
Old May 20th, 2018, 10:18 AM

I was having problems re omporting songs but i think that i resolved the issue. I am not sure what i did but everything seems go be good now..
Thank you so much for your help
Old December 2nd, 2018, 06:24 AM
Super Moderator

This thread is now closed.
Closed Thread