MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Hoster Software > Hoster Help

Hoster Help Post Hoster questions, tips and suggestions here.

Closed Thread

Old June 7th, 2014, 02:01 AM

Smile How to re-install Hoster on new laptop

I've purchased a new laptop today and want to un-install Hoster from my old laptop and re-install on the new one. I recall seeing instructions on how to do this somewhere but can't find those instructions anywhere.

Can someone out there help me with this query please? Thanks in advance..

Toshiba Satellite A100 Laptop, 4gb ram with Hoster 5.07
Old June 7th, 2014, 05:36 AM
Super Moderator

Re: How to re-install Hoster on new laptop

Which version of Hoster do you have ?

The later version has a backup feature that helps to make the new installation a clone of your existing. That can be found under the help tab backup/Restore. Run that first to create a backup and save it to an usb or portable device.
Then there are instructions in the manual for moving to a new computer under Introduction/Move to a new computer.

If yours version doesn't have the backup utility come back and I'll try to tell you an alternative way to copy the existing data folder over.
But let us know your version of Hoster first.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old June 7th, 2014, 07:21 AM
Super Moderator

I since noticed in your signature that you are running 5.07 so you will not have the backup feature on that version so before you uninstall make a copy of your Hoster data folder.
On 5.07 it would normally be found in C:\MTU, copy the Hoster folder to a USB stick or skydrive or something that you can easily transfer to your new computer. After installing the main program on your new computer open the C:\\MTU folder and rename that Hoster folder, example to Hosterold, just as a backup, then paste the copy from the other computer into the MTU folder as a replacement of the one you re named.
If all works correct after doing this, then at some time you can delete the renamed folder.
For this to all work correct your music folders must follow the same file paths as used before, so if your music was on drive E then you must set your external music drive to E for the new computer.
Instructions to change the drive letter can be found here: http://www.mtu.com/faq-test.php?article=4

To install Hoster on a new computer you must first uninstall from the existing computer while your connected to the internet to register the removal with MTU. Unless you still have an extra install available for your version.

Then you need the original hoster507setup.ex file to install on your new computer, if you can't find this then look in your account and see if it shows there for download or you may be able to download it from this page: http://www.mtu.com/upgrades/hoster.htm
In the install process you will have to enter the exact registration and email address as used previously but that should all show in your account.

If your new computer is Windows 8 in some cases there can be problems using 5.07 to do with where the data folder installs. this was corrected in version 5.09 I believe which moves the data folder to a new location.
Yours might work OK but until you try can't say for sure. That is why in my first post I asked which version you had as the instructions would be different.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old June 8th, 2014, 09:20 PM

Thumbs up Re: How to re-install Hoster on new laptop

Hey Roy, thanks so much again for your help. Hoster now installed and operational on new laptop....

Toshiba Satellite A100 Laptop, 4gb ram with Hoster 5.07
Old May 2nd, 2018, 07:39 PM

Do you then have to re-import your karaoke files?
Old May 3rd, 2018, 05:54 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxyzz View Post
Do you then have to re-import your karaoke files?
Not if they follow the same path.

Example: if the files are on an external drive and showed as drive E on your old system, when you plug the drive in to your new computer it must register as E.
If it doesn’t you will need to change it via Windows Disc management, or if your version of Hoster has it you can try the Tools-Edit Songs- (My drive letter has changed) shown as big blue button at top of edit dialog.

If they were on your C drive on previous computer and you have transferred them to your new C drive with all folders as previous then the path will be the same so no importing or rebuilding necessary.
Old March 22nd, 2022, 05:05 PM

Well I new this would not be easy. Got Hoster on new computer, restored the backup files. Point Hoster to my new drive which is D. Hoster sees all my songs but I get this message:
Error D:\\users\\mikee\\documents\\karaoke original files\\sound choice\\sc8000 series\\sc8000\\8763\\sc8763-06- Joel, Billy - A Matter Of Trust.zip was not found on the hard drive.

well obviously these are no longer in my documents folder to how do I fix it?
Old March 22nd, 2022, 06:01 PM
Super Moderator

You may have missed my tip on what to do as you have posted in multiple threads instead of starting your own.
Did you follow my post http://forum.mtu.com/showpost.php?p=138267&postcount=26
From where I started with (You may find it better)

Anyway if you did not follow that try this: Goto Tools/Edit Songs,
on the top row is a box (My drive has changed)

Try C in top box and D in bottom. see if that works.
If not you may have to use Rebuild database or you could try Repair Database first.
Old March 22nd, 2022, 07:11 PM
Super Moderator

Re thinking this obviously your files are not following the same path.
I think you may be better off following this:

open Hoster data folder: you can find this from Tools/Hoster Data Folder, View files, Once that folder is open Close Hoster but keep data folder open.
Next delete files Songs.mdb, and HosterInfoIndexed.ini.
Now restart Hoster and open Tools/songs database/Build database then use the Add folder button Or Add Folders/subfolders buttons If using the subfolders button select the folder at the top of the tree and it will work through them all one at a time re building as it goes.
This will rebuild to the new paths.
Old March 22nd, 2022, 08:34 PM

Cannot close Hoster with the Date Folder open, however I was able to import a few songs and when I check their properties thru edit songs they show up with the right path. I’ll have to do a support ticket for the other error I’m getting.

Do you know if I can ignore the MP3 Encorder Not Found warning?
Old March 22nd, 2022, 08:47 PM
Super Moderator

When you select view files for the data folder with the folder open, click Done on the dialog that opened the files, then you can close Hoster.
You wont be able to delete the files properly if Hoster is open.

I would just try ticking the box for the Lame encoder so it doesnt open again, You proberly already have the Lame encoder installed from when you restored the backup.

You really need to remove all the existing file paths first which is what the HosterInfoIndexed.ini will do else you may get a lot of duplicate disc id errors.

Last edited by Roy Dennis; March 29th, 2022 at 12:19 PM.
Closed Thread