MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old April 18th, 2007, 04:30 PM

Version 4.0001

I just installed version 4 upgrade and when I record a song, save it, and then try to play it back I cannot hear the music, just the voice. I'm running Vista Ultimate. I checked the manual for correct settings, but it seems nothing applies to this operating system. I'm running out of things to try. Am I doing something wrong?
Old April 18th, 2007, 11:46 PM
Super Moderator

If you have the sound control (little speaker) in your task bar, then double click on it and open the sound controls. Then click Options/properties. Then check the Recording box. That will change your control screen to the recording controls. Check the titles in this control against the list in Microstudio Tools/Record Settings. If you do not have one of the 12 names listed your sound card is not supported and won't play the music.
If you have one of them Microstudio should have selected it and set volume level to 75%. If this isn't happening then there has to be a Vista security setting that is preventing Microstudio from activating it.
Old April 19th, 2007, 06:58 AM

Vista

Ok Dale we'll give it a try, Thanks!
Old April 20th, 2007, 11:05 AM

Sound cards

Hi Dale, Is there a list of sound cards that ARE compatable? I have two computers running Vista and each has a different sound card and neither one works, checked security and found nothing that would affect the program.

Thanks,

Chick
Old April 20th, 2007, 01:24 PM
Super Moderator

Chick,
There isn't a list of them but most of the new ones should work ok. When you checked the recording section of the Volume Controls, did either of them have one of the referenced names on the list? If so it should work, if you have it added in the Options.
Old April 20th, 2007, 01:49 PM

Cool Vista

Doug,

The reason I asked the question is that my computer, a Gateway GM5424, is only two months old and came with vista ultimate installed and a Sigma Tel Audio board. I checked with gateway for an update on the audio but the latest one is installed. I have no problem purchasing another board but I have this feeling that the problem is with the operating program. I'll keep working at it. Thanks for your replies, you have been very helpful.

Chick
Old April 20th, 2007, 01:51 PM

name

Sorry Dale, I addressed you as Doug by mistake. Getting old I guess...
Old April 29th, 2007, 01:23 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddouglass View Post
If you have the sound control (little speaker) in your task bar, then double click on it and open the sound controls. Then click Options/properties. Then check the Recording box. That will change your control screen to the recording controls. Check the titles in this control against the list in Microstudio Tools/Record Settings. If you do not have one of the 12 names listed your sound card is not supported and won't play the music.
If you have one of them Microstudio should have selected it and set volume level to 75%. If this isn't happening then there has to be a Vista security setting that is preventing Microstudio from activating it.
Chickdodge, Dale is exactly right. MICROSOFT 2000, XP and Vista ONLY support the TITLES listed in this dialog box. We auto-detect these for you... IF one is found Microsoft is good to go.

IF one of these titles is not found, then regardless of how modern, who you bought from, etc. WINDOWS won't recognize the audio card/port and there is nothing we can "Programmatically" do to fix this.

Please review Dale's instructions and see what you have. Anything else you tell us is not helping solve the problem. Please follow our instructions as we try to help you.