MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Singers & Hosts Wisdom

Singers & Hosts Wisdom Post how to be a great karaoke singer or host.

View Poll Results: How many song books to you bring to a show?
Four or less 16 17.78%
Five 6 6.67%
Six 12 13.33%
Seven 5 5.56%
Eight 11 12.22%
Nine 4 4.44%
Ten or more 36 40.00%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old March 29th, 2008, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonman View Post
I disagree with this. People will judge how good you are by 'how good you are'. I have literally seen very successful shows that purposely run no more than 1000 songs - carefully picked by the history reports of their software programs (praying Hoster adds this to theirs) so they can see what is popular & what is not. This particular show is packed every karaoke night & the book is literally 1" thick. The host is very attentive to the sound & can keep the crowd entertained. Now is this the norm, probably not. Would I attempt to cut my 11K book down to 1000, most likely not. But the size of a book has nothing to do with how good you are.
I didn't mean to say it had anything to do with how good you are. I'm speaking of perception... and people perceive you to a great extent by your presentation. Now if you and your gear and books look like a million dollars and your show sucks... that's a different story. But if all things are equal, appearance is key in my 18 year experience.