MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old January 6th, 2010, 02:53 PM
VIP

Key Change With Microstudio

I'm trying to change the key in several songs and with the key changes, make a cdg disk. Everytime I try this, the cdg disk I make has the song back to the original key. Isn't version 4.22 capable of this task or is it me doing something wrong?

Walt
Old January 6th, 2010, 05:10 PM
Super Moderator

The key change in Microstudio is just for play and does not save to the song file. It does record in the changed key if you use that feature, but the recorded song is audio only (wma).
Old January 6th, 2010, 10:27 PM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltR View Post
I'm trying to change the key in several songs and with the key changes, make a cdg disk. Everytime I try this, the cdg disk I make has the song back to the original key. Isn't version 4.22 capable of this task or is it me doing something wrong?

Walt
You need to get "Keywrite" to change the key & then create your disk with MicroStudio.
Old January 7th, 2010, 09:36 AM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird74 View Post
You need to get "Keywrite" to change the key & then create your disk with MicroStudio.

Thank you Skybird74. I was aware of that and should have included it in my post. I was hoping there was a way to do this without running through another program. Maybe I'll put this request in as a new feature.

Thanks,

Walt
Old January 7th, 2010, 11:09 AM
VIP

When you add Keyrite, you see an extra Tab at the top of MicroStudio, so in essence, it becomes part of MS. If all the add-ons are included, then MS would be more expensive. This way each person can purchase just the programs they use. Not everyone cares about key changes. I know I couldn't live without it.
Old January 7th, 2010, 12:45 PM
Super Moderator

Walt, they are not going to add that to MS because they do have Keyrite. They also give those who do like to manipulate the songs a choice to buy all 4 programs (Microsoft, Keyrite, Vogone, and KHPro) at a discount.
Old January 7th, 2010, 03:54 PM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddouglass View Post
Walt, they are not going to add that to MS because they do have Keyrite. They also give those who do like to manipulate the songs a choice to buy all 4 programs (Microsoft, Keyrite, Vogone, and KHPro) at a discount.

Thank you. I understand that and have all of the programs.

Walt
Old January 10th, 2010, 10:55 AM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddouglass View Post
I do have all the programs and keep them updated even though I rarely use any besides Holster. Key change is incorporated into Hoster, and to some degree Microstudio. So why not eliminate a step and allow to use Microstudio to change the key before you place the song into the write list. Why do this in Keyrite and then move the change into Microstudion to do what would be a simple, efficient task. It alreadly allows you to change the key for playing purposes. Imangine if we had to use Keyrite in Holster to change a song in our playlist or more importantly in the Singers List. To incorporate this function into Micorstudio would not eliminate the need for the Keyrite program. If there was fear of losing the income of the Keyrite program, it could be setup to only run in Microstudio if we had the Keyrite program.

Walt