MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Singers & Hosts Wisdom

Singers & Hosts Wisdom Post how to be a great karaoke singer or host.

Old May 4th, 2005, 02:05 AM

You know you're addicted to MTU products when...

Your homepage is set to the MTU forums....

You check the forums at least 15 times a day....

Everytime you open a browser for ANYTHING you automatically scroll down the threads to see if there is anything new. No matter how much of a hurry you are in, or what the browser was opened for....

Sorry, this is the closest MTU has to a general chat forum and I couldn't resist cause I catch myself doing all of the above ...
Old May 4th, 2005, 02:35 AM

Re: You know you're addicted to MTU products when...

How could you forget the main one, Keep wondering when the next version is coming out.
Old May 4th, 2005, 02:42 AM

I was a beta tester for a lot of different things (Falcon 4.0, Mech commander, Mechwarrior 2: mercenaries, Mechwarrior 3, Asheron's Call, Asheron's Call 2, and a few of Microsofts developer suites to name a few) ... So personally, the longer a version stays in beta the better and more stable I know it's going to be ... So I don't get in a hurry when it comes to the next version ... I just wait and enjoy what I have at the time ...
Old May 4th, 2005, 07:45 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdavia
How could you forget the main one, Keep wondering when the next version is coming out.
I try to update our News Page at least weekly, albeit sometimes I'm too busy and don't get to it until later.

The next versions of each product development we have going are always listed there... unless it is a new product such as Hoster Lite that we didn't want competitors to know we were coming up on their blindsides.

We are currently working on Hoster 3.109. The ONLY change is we are splitting the Import screen into a Disc screen and a Hard Drive screen. The "Convert" buttons operations were just too dissimilar from the CD import operations.

When any major new feature is added, there is always a process of polishing and making it better over time. 3.108 was the FIRST release to allow importing MP3+G and ZIP files into the Songs Database. We took an approach we felt was safe, and it is now shipping. We could see improvements while we were under development, but we wouldn't ship any time soon if we stopped to re-engineer then.

We realize importing these file types could be made faster. We will make it as easy as possible for anyone to get their MP3+G and ZIP files into their Songs Database. Right now, we rely solely on the FILENAME and any field contents within it. The new screen will save a lot of keystrokes. It also has a new window showing what files have already been imported from the selected folder. The "Template" dialog is gone, and its contents (radio buttons and filename field defining list boxes and delineators) are now within the HDD Screen. It makes selecting what to import MUCH faster. Also, you KNOW what is left to import from a folder. As files are imported, they are removed from the list. So all you will need to do is click the topmost list item, click an Add Files button, see them in the Track list window (you have that now), verify Title and Artist names are there, or enter them, click the Process Selected Tracks button and 15 tracks import in about 8-10 seconds. Those files are now gone from the list, and you select the new topmost one. We automatically find all files that have the same DiscID as the one you select, and add them in the Track list window in order of the Track# within each filename.

Our philosophy is to insure each KMA file is valid WHEN IMPORTED. We now give you the chance to make any entries of the 5 required fields (Artist, Title, Brand, DiscID, Track#) that are required before we import. After importing you can still edit KMA files with the Tools menu Edit Song command dialog.

Once we have 3.109 released (internal target is May 15, stated is May 30), we will still have one more pass to go with making it easier to import MP3+G and ZIP. That will be to open the MP3 header and see if any of the fields we need are present... and IGNORE the filename contents. IF all is present, we can automatically BATCH import LOTS of files in an unattended mode. Then, if you have 10,000 ZIPs to import and they all contain the data we need in the MP3 header, they all come right in. If our error checking finds anything missing, I expect we will give you radio buttons to select 1) adding "UNKNOWN" for that field (such as Artist or Title) and import it without notice to you, or 2) stopping the import and require you to enter the missing data.

So now you have the hottest scoop direct from the factory.
Old May 4th, 2005, 10:44 AM

I thank the Administration for the report. I noticed you quoted me I am sorry if I may not have made myself clear enough. My remarks were a spur of the moment response to DJYale's post, which I thought was funny.
I too have MTU as my start page, I too have nothing else to do sometimes and fill those times on this Website. I too have been waiting for Version 3.00 to be released, that kept me coming back. Finally after several delays with versions in Beta, I ended up with Version 3.108. That is the reason why I mentioned it, since I have been on the watch for the new release, and felt DJYale was on the watch also but failed to mention it.
Quote:
I try to update our News Page at least weekly, albeit sometimes I'm too busy and don't get to it until later.
I keep forgetting to look at the News Page. Thanks for reminding me so I can bookmark it.
By the way, could it be feasable to move the News page to the top of the forum.

Last edited by jdavia; May 4th, 2005 at 10:51 AM. Reason: To add more to it.
Old May 8th, 2005, 05:31 PM

I do not have MTU as the home page but I do have a quick lauch icon-back before the release I had an icon for the forum and one for the news

THANKS MTU!
Old May 9th, 2005, 06:12 AM
VIP

Quote:
By the way, could it be feasable to move the News page to the top of the forum.
I think the newspage is big enough to require it's own page however I wouldn't mind a link to it prominantly displayed at the top of forum pages.

Sam
Old May 9th, 2005, 03:13 PM

Lightbulb Re: You know you're addicted to MTU products when...

<pre>That
will
be
fine.
It
will
be
a
reminder.
thanks </pre>
Old May 10th, 2005, 08:40 AM
Administrator

Sheesh.....

I never thought of myself as a REPORTER!

The Forum code is not easy modify. I hear your desire for a News page link, just have to ignore it for now.

We have been working on a totally new store system for our web site. When it is up and running when returning customers go to mtu.com, you will automatically go to your ACCOUNT page. It will used encrypted data in Cookies. There you will be able to get news on products you own, go to their Forums, and see all your products Registration Codes/Emails and Download links... in case you lose your download emails.

This will be your MTU "nerve center". I can't describe all the dreams we have for this... or how many will come to life shortly.

Suffice it to say, that is where we are focusing our energies right now. You should see it this summer.
Old May 10th, 2005, 09:00 AM

So you always have one better.
Like in a TV ad, all I can say is, - - - - When do you guys sleep?
Or do you?