MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Singers & Hosts Wisdom

Singers & Hosts Wisdom Post how to be a great karaoke singer or host.

Old February 15th, 2005, 10:48 PM

Help!!

I ran into a guy at a local steak house who liked my show and we talked. COme to find out he use to have a music store in the area. He is now out of business and has 300 sound choice and priddis cassette TAPES.. I dont waht to do. I want to use them but how do i get tapes into my pc? Can anyone tell me how much i should offer him and can I get them into a CD format?
Old February 15th, 2005, 11:44 PM
Frequent Member

Re: Help!!

dont waste your money, tapes have audio only. no graphics, you would have to do every song in khp. a lot of work and poor audio to boot. just my 2 cents . Bob
Old February 16th, 2005, 08:11 AM

I agree with BOBCOX whole heartedly, but if you must do it, Edirol sells a USB audio interface device, the AUDIO CAPTURE UA-1A than interfaces between any type audio player to the p.c.

It has standard RCA stereo input and outputs. I use it to archive my L.P.'s on to cd's.

George
Old February 16th, 2005, 07:37 PM

Hello gotrich,
I agree with what's already been said, but there might be some numbers among them that are not generally available eleswhere.
That's the only possible reason to buy tapes. I wouldn't give more than a couple of bucks for ones you might want.
I recently discovered a tape of "Louis Jordan with a number of songs not usually found, it was worth the time downloading the words and and running them on KHPro.
Again I can't stress enough www.audiotoolsdirect.com as a source for finding programmes for converting old music sources to PC.
Regards from across the pond.
Garry
Old February 17th, 2005, 05:04 AM

I appreciate the input folks...I am so glad to have the opportunity to learn about all this from all of you!