MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Singers & Hosts Wisdom

Singers & Hosts Wisdom Post how to be a great karaoke singer or host.

Old April 20th, 2005, 08:53 AM

Karaoke types?

This might sound like a dumb question, but is there a difference in Karaoke types. To refine the question, I have seen "Performance Tracks" Listed on certain series then I see "Performance Tracks" almost as a label and wondered if there was any significance to the term. I am looking at a few CDs with the PTG code (PTG2005). I've learned the hard way that some brands are better than others. Does anyone have any experience with PTG and it's quality?
Thanks
Old April 20th, 2005, 09:08 AM

Re: Karaoke types?

I've never actually heard the PTG disc's myself.

Never seen them outside of KJPro come to think of it.
Old April 20th, 2005, 12:10 PM

Don't know about Performance Tracks. Yes, some brands are better then others.

Sound Choice
Chartbusters
Top Hits Monthly

I feel,...these are some of the better ones.......there are others that are also good. Search the threads on this board to find info on this topic. All kinds of different opinions.

Search for "Karaoke" on the web and you will find many different retailers of karaoke songs, disk, software.

Best of luck!

Last edited by Digital Party; April 20th, 2005 at 12:18 PM.
Old April 20th, 2005, 12:14 PM

BooBoo,

See you are from Louisville. How is the Karaoke there? I grew up in Louisville. Parents still live there.

Anyway.....good luck to you!
Old April 20th, 2005, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Party
BooBoo,

See you are from Louisville. How is the Karaoke there? I grew up in Louisville. Parents still live there.

Anyway.....good luck to you!
To be honest, I don't go out K'ing much here. I don't host. I have been to a few places but only about 5 times. I have a very nice setup at my house and host K parties with my friends and practice more than anything. The one place I have gone back to twice was fun. It's a place called Chugs. Nice setup and the guy runniing the show is fun. (He still takes too long between songs though) Another place, I got into a song that stood everyone up and the resident "pro" got T'O'ed. My next time around the host turned my mic down so low I couldn't even hear myself. Haven't gone back there. I may KJ some in the future, but I would only want to a couple nights a week. I think Louiville has quite a few wannabes. My sis does a alot more places than I have and says most are very unprepared and have poor equipment. She much prefers my parties over the places she goes to. So I guess the answer is, I think someone could do well here if they ran a good show. Move on back and tell me where your shows are.. I may end up a regular..

Thanks for the responses. Most of my collection is SC and Chartbuster. But sometimes you have to take a chance on other labels. I'd still like to know from the others if there is a difference between Karaoke and Perfromace Tracks.
Old April 20th, 2005, 03:02 PM

As far as i know(if i remember correctly).. Performance tracks is a brand of karaoke discs that used The audio from Sound Choice and got caught and is now paying royalties to them.
Beta Test Machine: DELL Inspiron 1721 * Vista Home Premium SP1 * AMD Athlon 64 dual core tk-57 1.90MHz * DVD/CDR Drive * 250GB HDD * 3GB RAM.

Show Work PC: Windows XP Pro sp3 * Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4 GHz, 4MB * 2GB DDR2-667 RAM * 80GB HD (C: for OS & Apps) * 500GB HD * 250 GB HD * DVD Recorder (Sony ADW-Q170A) * M-Audio Delta 410 Audio * ATI RADEON X1600 Pro 512MB video.
Old April 20th, 2005, 03:33 PM

djmadmaxx,

Wow...if that is true, I did not know that. Got caught He He
Old April 20th, 2005, 03:55 PM

Then again.. that may have been Performers choice
Beta Test Machine: DELL Inspiron 1721 * Vista Home Premium SP1 * AMD Athlon 64 dual core tk-57 1.90MHz * DVD/CDR Drive * 250GB HDD * 3GB RAM.

Show Work PC: Windows XP Pro sp3 * Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4 GHz, 4MB * 2GB DDR2-667 RAM * 80GB HD (C: for OS & Apps) * 500GB HD * 250 GB HD * DVD Recorder (Sony ADW-Q170A) * M-Audio Delta 410 Audio * ATI RADEON X1600 Pro 512MB video.
Old April 28th, 2005, 02:01 PM

Boo Boo;

I don't know if this is the answer you are looking for but, some disks come with a "Demonstration Track" (Practice Vocals are there for you to practice with and learn the song) and a "Performance Track (No vocals, you're on your own) Examples: SC Power Picks, SC Star Series (you said you own SC) also I believe Chartbuster 6+6 series is the same way. Hope that helps.
Old April 28th, 2005, 04:24 PM
Frequent Member

i have all the performance tracks, they are hit and miss, but good for the money. i like em. Bob
Old May 5th, 2005, 02:10 PM

I have about 75% soundchoice. Then Chartbuster, I now have a few Sunfly. The Sunfly seem to be pretty good also. I use other name brands only when it is not on SC or CB.

Shuttle X ComputersWindows XP Pro. SP3 AMD 1.8 gig Processor1 gig Memory
Video NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 32 meg

Dell Laptop 1525
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.1
4 Gig Mem. Vista Basic