MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old November 19th, 2004, 12:54 PM

tracks imported have breaks or gaps in the sound

Using a new Plextor drive with all the latest MTU software (purchased this week)on 1.2GB PIV PC (Gateway Media Ctr). I use Microstudio to import the tracks as *.wav files into a special folder on my HDD created for that purpose. Every track imported, when played in Vogone, either by clicking on "Original" or "Vogone" has gaps in the sound. If I try singing through the gap, I become out of sync when the music re-starts. It's as if some demon has pressed an invisible "pause" key.
Note: The first tracks I imported were files already on my hard drive. Thinking that some problem with them might have caused the gaps, I tried importing from commercial audio CDs in the Plextor drive. They, too produced imports with gaps. Strangely, I can play the CDs in the Plextor through my system without any gaps.
Any suggestions?

Last edited by alohalady; November 19th, 2004 at 01:19 PM.
Old December 7th, 2004, 05:03 PM

Re: tracks imported have breaks or gaps in the sound

We just found this post, it fell through the cracks somehow. Have you gotten your problem fixed? If not, then try importing a song using Windows Media Player or another software, then try playing this song to see if you get the "Gaps" when it is played. If you do, then I would say that there is something running on your computer that is causing the Audio to drop out for a split second.

You might want to make sure that you run the Spybot program on your computer to see if you have any of the Spyware or Adware running, that is causing this problem. Also, I would run all of the Windows Updates from the Start Menu\Windows Update.