MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old November 8th, 2003, 01:20 PM

Unhappy Can't Finish the burn

I am having trouble finishing disks on my work computer it is a Penitum III 600 MHz and running Windows 98
Yesterday I was able to burn 1 disk and on the next attempt I got and error message "Error: 'Write' command failed on device 0:0:0 Read/Write Error or Bad Medium Detected (04h 00h 02h 03h 0ch 09h)" and got my disk spit back out at me! so I figured there was a bad spot on my blank recordable CD and did another and got the same result the disk I am using diska that I got at a computer show from a company called Diskmovers. I thought well we'll just keep trying and each time was different it may quit on track 3 or 7 or 9 or even almost all the way through track 16 ! After ruining about 17 disks I got int the car and went to the store and got some FUJIFILM CD-R 80 minute 700 MB and came backand tried again with those and still the same problem ! I went home and used my home computer which is also a Pentium III but running XP instead of Windows 98. My first attempt was a success as was my next and next and next ... I come back into work this morning and tried again and I was back to the error message again so I went to the manual and found out about disabling the "Auto Insert Notification" so I did that for my HP CD-Writer + 8100 and also turned on the "Sync Data Transfer and DMA" and tried again and got the same error AGAIN!!! I went back in and did the same thing to my DVD drive even though I dont use it with this program and tried again and again the same thing can anybody help me Quick!! Thanks!!
Old November 8th, 2003, 02:17 PM

Alanj,

It appears that you are having buffer underrun problems. Please check a post on the same topic by clicking here

Good luck,

Jon
Old November 8th, 2003, 02:23 PM

You might try slowing the write speed down. The data may not be getting to the burner fast enough.

Also close out any unneeded programs that may be running in the background.

Would also stick with better brand media.

Hope this helps

George