MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Hoster Software > Hoster Help

Hoster Help Post Hoster questions, tips and suggestions here.

Closed Thread

Old January 10th, 2019, 03:33 PM

Problem finding songs

On my new computer, my C drive is a lot smaller. It is an SSD Drive. I just downloaded some new songs. I am using D:\\KMA to hold all of my songs. I did a build database. When I went to Hoster/ Tools/ Edit Songs/ Search, I looked for the new songs I downloaded and they\'re not there. How do I include the new songs with the other songs? I have Windows 10 Pro and Hoster 5.41.05.

Thanks,
Ernie
Old January 10th, 2019, 08:05 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Problem finding songs

I don’t believe your version has the Buy songs feature that auto indexes purchases from Karaoke.net.

Songs downloaded using your version will not appear in the edit songs search until you import them via the Import songs/index songs dialog.

You could find where they are downloaded to by opening windows explorer selecting the top folder in the tree named something like (This computer or My computer) then type one of the titles into the search window of explorer.
They are very likely on your C drive in the folder named Downloads if you haven’t already selected somewhere else.

When you download normally a dialog appears asking what you want to do with an option to Save or Save As, selecting Save as in future will allow you to choose a destination.

Once you locate the file, probably a zip file you have to import them via import songs dialog. in that dialog once you have selected how you want to import them and chose the folder they were imported to you will see another Save to folder top right of that dialog, if you want them in the same folder as your others then point that path to there.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old January 11th, 2019, 04:55 PM

Re: Problem finding songs

Roy, Everything is working now. I installed \"ALL\" of Hoster in drive D. In hindsight I should have done that in the beginning.

Thanks,
Ernie
Closed Thread