MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Songverter Software > Songverter Help

Songverter Help Post Songverter questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old September 3rd, 2007, 03:00 PM

converting a .wav file and a .cdg file to a .bin file

I had a karaoke song that was off pitch. So I used Songverter to break down the file into its .wav and .cdg components. I used a Sonar Home Studio to fix the pitch and saved the file as a .wav file.

Now I don't seem to be able to put the two files back together in a .bin file. Will Sonverter allow me to do that and if so, how?

Thanks,

Larry
Old September 3rd, 2007, 06:29 PM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbister View Post
I had a karaoke song that was off pitch. So I used Songverter to break down the file into its .wav and .cdg components. I used a Sonar Home Studio to fix the pitch and saved the file as a .wav file.

Now I don't seem to be able to put the two files back together in a .bin file. Will Sonverter allow me to do that and if so, how?

Thanks,

Larry
Yes

Make sure the wav and cdg are the exact same file name (minus the extension of course) and in the same folder. The new bin will overwrite the old if they are the same name but just to avoid possible conflicts I always make sure they are different or delete or move the old bin (and old wav as well if it's the same name).
Then in the drop down box for the source files select wav + cdg. If the wav does not show up in the list it means the wav and cdg names don't match exactly.
On the output side of Songverter select bin from the dropdown box. Now go back and double click the appropriate wav file, or click once and then click start conversion. After about 30 seconds you'll have a bin by the same name as the wav & cdg which you can import back to Hoster if that's where it's going.

Sam