MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Songverter Software > Songverter Help

Songverter Help Post Songverter questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old August 16th, 2007, 03:45 PM

Songverter File Naming Question

I am considering getting Songverter to convert my KMA files to MP3G zipped files. What I am concerned about is the naming of the files. My discs were ripped to Hoster, and when they are converted using Songverter, are there settings for the parameters of the file names? Are we able to designate the files be named in a specific manner, or will it rip the files into a predetermined format?

Ideally I would like to be able to see the disc #, Artist and Title in the file name...

Thanks.
Old August 16th, 2007, 04:05 PM
Super Moderator

The name of the original kma file is discID-Track and that is the way the mp3+g files will be named. Foe example: CB90054-2.kma will be CB90054-2.mp3 and CB90054-2.cdg.
The only name change with this version is if you go from mp3+g or bin to kma. This will change to the DiscID-Track.kma if the info is known.

Songverter doesn't use any database look up so there isn't any way to specify what information to put in the name.

Just for my curiosity why would you want to convert your files from KMA to MP3+G?
Old August 16th, 2007, 06:46 PM

Thanks Dale...so if one were to batch convert the entire library from KMA to MP3G, one would have to manually name each file after the conversion, correct?

My reasoning is to be able to use my library with other hosting programs that do not recognize KMA format, without having the time consumptive burden of actually re-ripping the discs.

It appears if I actually want my discs in that format, reripping them may be the best alternative to ensure complete success and proper naming protocols if I am going to have to manually rename them if I use Songverter.