MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Vogone & Vogone Easy Software > Vogone Help

Vogone Help Post Vogone questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old January 24th, 2005, 07:42 PM

Can Vogone partially remove vocals

Can Vogaone partially remove vocals; i.e., can it remove just a word or two from a song? Or is it set up only to remove entire vocals??? ???
Old January 24th, 2005, 10:43 PM
Administrator

Re: Can Vogone partially remove vocals

Vogone will process the entire file that is opened.

You could use an audio editor (not part of Vogone) to slice up the original song, having only a portion to be processed by Vogone to remove the vocals you want to remove/reduce, then use the editor to assemble the pieces back together. There will probably be a noticeable change where the vocals were removed.
Old January 25th, 2005, 09:41 AM

Post Re: Can Vogone partially remove vocals

Yes, if you cut a song up and remove vocals in just part of a song there will be a noticable difference in music quality and/or volumes. I tried this sometime ago and with the particular song I was working with I did not like the results. Too unprofessional sounding. Although every song is going to be different so it might be worth a try. If you have good wav editing software and know how to use it you might be able to create something satifactory.

Wally
Old January 31st, 2005, 06:45 AM

Hello wallymeister,
Just interested to pick your brains as to what you consider to be a GOOD wav. editor for removing or adding bits of songs, not the words in this case but the music.
I also need to add bits from different tunes where intro's or verses are missing, and possibly extending a tune beyound its normal length.
Regards from across the pond.
Garry
Old January 31st, 2005, 08:42 PM

Hey Garry,

I use Sound Forge 6 for most wav editing that I do. A little pricey but very powerful. There are however other wav editors out there that will do a lot. The most important factor after acquiring a good wav editor is creativity and patience. I suppose that if you have enough of both you can do a lot with a little.

Are you are talking about perhaps taking a dance mix of a original artist song and making a karaoke or soundtracks version of it to include the dance mix part? If so I would suggest using sequencer software so you could have each part on there own track as to have good control over volumes. And then mix down when it sounds right. It really depends on the quality of each recording. If you use Vogone or some other vocal removing software or hardware to remove vocals though, that will reduce the music quality to a level that will not match up to a track that has not been altered. If that makes sense to you.

Hope I'm not rambling here but hope this helps. Sorry it took so long to respond but I've been pretty busy lately.

From the other side of the pond,
Wally
Old February 1st, 2005, 09:33 AM

Hello Wally,
I think I got a cut-down version of Sound Forge when I bought an Audigy sound card, but have never tried it.
I wasn't particularly thinking of a dance mix, but I have thought about doing a mix of the same singer's songs into a medley.
I personally sing standards and jazzy numbers.
Spent a lot of time in Vogone removing vocals, you know the songs that you can never understand why no company has ever issued them as karaoke.
Also, there are a lot of excellent singers you never find on karaoke.
"The Lady is a Tramp" has plenty of different versions but none with the verse at the beginning, which sets the tone of the song.
I spend time adding lyrics and rewriting to bring some songs up to date and be less repetitive.
You thought you could ramble!!!
Many thanks and regards from this side of the pond.
Garry.
Old February 1st, 2005, 12:19 PM

Garry,
Have you tried searching for midi files of the songs you want? I sometimes want songs that have no background singing on them and will go to midi-hits.com and see if they have a version of that song. No midi files have any vocals at all. Also, midi-hits.com will also do custom songs also. If you have a song or two that you really want and will never come out on karaoke then this is an option. I think about $80/song though. Yeah, you would have to want it pretty bad, but maybe someday I will. If you have some midi software like Cakewalk or something like that you can even alter the synthesized sounds to more suit your taste.

You can also just buy the song in mp3 format if you totally like the way it sounds already or midi files would not benefit you at all. They have sample snippets of the files they have. I think for one song they already have is $8.95. There are of course other midi files sites too. Don't really know about any others though.

As for creating medleys, I think your best bet would be sequencing software. I'll also say that I think there is software out there to help dj's create dance mixes that might also work to help piece together a medley.
Just a thought.

Later,
Wally
Old February 1st, 2005, 12:29 PM

http://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?t=1709

This forum page contains some good info on using Edirol's Virtual Sound canvass software to enhance midi quality, change or remove instruments to achieve true karaoke backgroung tracks to suite yourself, etc.

There's also mention of Goldwave, a good .wav audio editor for the money.

George
Old February 1st, 2005, 12:53 PM

Hello George,
I have been using Sound Canvas for a couple of years, after being directed to that forum after reading one of your comments at the time.
I have already added my twopenny to debates, about its excellence with midi.
Didn't know about Goldwave and after checking the site shall return to investigate it further.
Nice thing about these forums is that if you don't know something there's enough helpful people out there only too willing to share their knowledge
Incidentally it would be interesting to find out what people who use Vogone have had the most success with, which particular song or singer?
Many thanks to you and Wally.
Regards from across the pond.
Garry
Old February 1st, 2005, 01:58 PM

Hi Gary,

It's my understanding there's a new version 5.XX Goldwave out now. I haven't looked into upgrading, but have been quite satisfied with 4.26, so I don't know if I'll be upgrading or not.

Take care,

George