MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > KPro Studio and KHPro Software - Create your Own Karaoke Songs > KPro Studio and KHPro Help

KPro Studio and KHPro Help Post KPro Studio and KHPro questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old March 10th, 2004, 12:23 PM

Unhappy program won't run

I sucessfully installed khp and microstudio on my win 2000 pro machine, but I am having trouble installing both on my 98se machine. The 98se machine does not have a compatible drive, but I want to use it for khp work which I will then transfer to my win2000 machine for burning.
The first problem with khp was the missing GDIPLUS.dll file which I downloaded and fixed that problem but now it says KHPRO.exe is linked to missing export DDRAW.dll:Direct draw create Ex.
What do I do?
If I can't run it from this computer can I uninstall it and get my second machine license back for later use on a 2000pro machine?

thanks
ik
Old March 10th, 2004, 01:48 PM

Hopefully this will do it for you.

Take care,

George
Old March 10th, 2004, 01:53 PM

Found a ddraw.exe file also in case you need it also.

Take care,

George

p.s..they both came off my other oc which is a 98SE, so there hopefully shouldn't be a system compatability problem.

Last edited by George; March 10th, 2004 at 02:18 PM.
Old March 10th, 2004, 04:45 PM

Update the DirectX to version 9.0b. These files are included within there. You can do this by connecting to the Internet, click on Start Menu\Windows Update. Once you do this then click Scan for Updates. Find the one that under Windows XP on the left hand side that states DirectX 9.0b. Install this update and it should then fix your problems.
Old March 10th, 2004, 04:48 PM

Post More clarification on problem

When I try to run KHP (or microstudio too) I get two errors, not one. The first (I believe, but the're very fast) is one that states:

c:\Program Files\Micro Technology Unlimited\KHPro\KHPro.exe

A Device attached to the system is not working.

The second error states:

The KHPRO.EXE file is
linked to missing export DDRAW.DLL:DirectDrawCreateEx.

Since my first post I have uninstalled KHPro and reinstalled it. The installation goes without a hitch. I have downloaded the latest win98se updates from microsoft and reinstalled the latest version of DirectX (I believe DDraw is a component of DirectX).

None of these things corrected the problem. I loaded the latest microstudio demo (I don't have my e-mail with me to do an install) and it gives me the same error as KHPro.

Any help you can give me would be appreciated

thanks
Old March 10th, 2004, 04:54 PM

other posting

sorry I posted a new thread instead of adding to this one. I'm new to this. please see my other posting for more details of the problem.

ADMIN NOTE: I merged it in here.
Old March 12th, 2004, 12:39 PM

Angry directxv 9.0b doesn't work

In order to fix my problem with khp not running on my 98se machine I went to the microsoft directx website and downloaded v8.0a. After I installed it khp ran just fine.

Thanks for all the support
Old January 17th, 2009, 03:53 PM

Reinstalling

I am trying to reinstall my software on a new machine but I have lost the original email I got when I purchased it. I purchased it in 2003. I really want to put it on my new machine, but I cannot install without the email information. PCan anyone help?
Old January 17th, 2009, 08:35 PM
Super Moderator

Log into your account on the MTU web page. All your purchase information is there.
What operating system is on your new computer. If it is Vista and you have not upgraded your programs (Microstudio and KHP) they may not run on it correctly. If it is XP you may still have problems depending on what version you using.