MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Closed Thread

Old May 9th, 2002, 10:48 AM

How to upgrade ASPI driver for Microstudio- Fixes 99% of problems

This is the link to the Most Updated ASPI Drivers from MTU and Adaptec: http://mtu.com/kb/index.php?page=index_v2&id=23&c=1
Old August 14th, 2002, 08:10 PM

Exclamation Current ASPI version is 4.71.1

I went to ASPI Driver for Windows version 4.71 today and downloaded the current ASPI driver.

Description:
Updated ASPI drivers version 4.71 for Windows 98, NT 4, Me, 2000 and XP. Includes ASPICHK version checking utility Changes Between v 4.70 and v 4.71) Previous versions of aspi32.sys for Windows 2000 and XP may not return the proper Maximum Number of Targets (HA_MaxTargets) in reponse to Host Adapter Inquiry (HA_INQUIRY). This has been corrected.

Hope this helps
Old September 14th, 2002, 03:10 PM

Your post states: "to control a CD-Recorder (IDE or SCSI) on a Windows PC computer, you need an ASPI driver".
I have a USB recorder. Do I still need this upgrade?
Old September 16th, 2002, 01:58 PM

Yes,
Here is the location of the ASPI drivers that are needed for the USB drive to be supported under Micrsotudio.

Click this link to download the ASPI file: http://www.mtu.com/upgrades/microstu...rivers1-20.exe. Do NOT copy/paste this partial URL into your browser.

You will need your Microstudio Email and serial number to install this program.

Then go into Microstudio, click on the Drives menu at the top. Click on ASPI drivers. Make sure this is set to USE the MTU Installed Driver. Then close Microstudio and Reopen it. This will then fix your problem.
Old November 28th, 2002, 12:01 AM

I need Some Help

just figuring this thing out
i got a new plextor cdr recorder
i have installed microstuio and i can import all the songs on the cd but on # 19 out of 20 in freezes i do not have to box saying auto insert notification in the plextor properties checked can you help
Old November 28th, 2002, 12:25 AM

Exclamation Why is it so hard to get good help or is it i am not doing any of this right if pleas

or is it i am not doing any of this right if please step in and tell me what i am doing wrong
Old November 29th, 2002, 08:51 AM

i was able to open the page but

it still did not fix my problem can someone help asap
Old December 1st, 2002, 05:48 PM

ASPI DRIVER Mixup

Hi Brian,

Can you help with a conflict I am having with the Posts. I brought up this "1161 thread" today, 12/1/02. I also have a copy from 11/25 of the same thread # that reads differently. It starts the same but then refers you to a site "http://home.t-.... " and then another "ftp://ftp. adaptec.....". Was this thread changed or am I just confused which wouldn't be anything new??

At any rate, should I be using the "http://www.mtu.com/upgrades...." site for an internal SCSI drive Plexdor 40/12/40A burner, Windows XP, Pentium 1.8G Proc., 256 RAM, NO USB connection?

Thanks so much,

Mickey

And yes, the drive does give me the error message "Write Command Failed on Device...." about every tenth burn.
Old December 1st, 2002, 07:14 PM

Yes the driver thread was messed up, I think Bryan has taken care of it, but here is the link he posted last week for the correct ASPI drivers:

http://mtu.com/kb/index.php?page=index_v2&id=23&c=1

It should take care of what you described.

Jim
Old December 2nd, 2002, 04:23 PM

Yes,
Jim in Ohio is correct those old drivers no longer exist or work correctly.

The new drivers are at the top of this post and are the ones that should be used.
Old December 3rd, 2002, 08:28 PM

Drivers

Hi Bryan,

Thanks to you and Jim for the response. I downloaded the file, ran setup, it asked for Serial # and Name as advertised, and appeared to load drivers. I went to driver selection in the program and selected MTU drivers, closed program and then went back in.

Then checked drivers in "System" for the Plexdor. It shows: cdrom.sys, imapi.sys, redbook.sys, and storeprop.dll. All show Version 5.1.2600.1106(xpsp 1.0208 28-1920.

Are these the correct drivers and if Not, what did I do wrong??

Thanks much again,

Mickey
Old December 9th, 2002, 07:48 PM

ASPI DRIVER

Hi Bryan,

I thought I would send this again in the event you didn't get this post due to your power outage. In addition, are these 32 Bit Compatable Drivers as I am also getting an error message that there is "Insufficient Memory to Run 16 Bit Programs, unload some... and try again". Also, I thought the drivers for the Plexdor/System would show up as MTU Drivers, ???.

Thanks to you and Jim for the response. I downloaded the file, ran setup, it asked for Serial # and Name as advertised, and appeared to load drivers. I went to driver selection in the program and selected MTU drivers, closed program and then went back in.

Then checked drivers in "System" for the Plexdor. It shows: cdrom.sys, imapi.sys, redbook.sys, and storeprop.dll. All show Version 5.1.2600.1106(xpsp 1.0208 28-1920.

Are these the correct drivers and if Not, what did I do wrong??

Thanks much again,

Mickey
Old December 29th, 2002, 05:47 PM
Administrator

Thumbs up Microstudio 2.400 is released!!!

We have just released Version 2.400. It has a new ASPI driver that it installs, which should solve all the problems we have had in the past.

It also supports the new Plextor 48x IDE and USB CDR drives that we sell.

It also has a new CDG Player code, that supports the older full screen display and a new windowed display mode. You can select which you want to use. It also supports a dual display card (ATI or equiv) so your control play list can be on one screen and the Karaoke singer's screen on a TV.
Old January 11th, 2003, 12:56 AM

Recording With MicroStudio 2400

Since I upgraded to 2400 from 2315 I can no longer control the write speed.It only seems to know one speed,wide open. I'm using two burners with this program,a Plextor 40-12-40 USB2 and my IDE writer,which by the way you say does'nt do cdg's.It's the HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE-8160B and I want you to know it writes perfect cdg's at 16X,it's fastest speed.The Plextor also writes perfect cdg's at 40X. But I could control the speed before I took the upgrade now it won't let me, no matter what speed I select it will only copy at the full speed of the burner I'm using at the time. I need to be able to control the speed because different media comes in assorted writing speeds. Please help this first time forum - writer out. Has anyone else had this problem?Other than this little problem MicroStudio2400 works great!!! My computer specs. PCV-RX651 1.7GHz Intel Pentium 4 256MB PC2100 DDR-SDRAM 32MB (64bit) Video Ram WindowsXP Home Edition
Old January 11th, 2003, 03:13 PM

If you were not an experienced user I'd say to take the drive speed off auto and manually select the speed, because in Auto it always says max speed no matter what it is really burning at. I use 10X cdrw's a lot and it still says 40X. This is apparantly not the case here, though.

You possibly could have gotten a glitch in the installation, or the download. You might try uninstalling, re-booting and installing again. If that doesn't do it, try another download, uninstall and reinstall. If that doesn't do it, beats me, never saw this one before.

Take care,

George

Last edited by George; January 11th, 2003 at 05:39 PM.
Old February 25th, 2003, 08:19 PM

I have a problem to run microstudio Error:unable to initilize the ASPI manager ASPI manager was not found on system
please help me
Old April 8th, 2003, 06:38 PM

Red face Re: I need Some Help

Quote:
Originally posted by Johnnie Jazz
just figuring this thing out
i got a new plextor cdr recorder
i have installed microstuio and i can import all the songs on the cd but on # 19 out of 20 in freezes i do not have to box saying auto insert notification in the plextor properties checked can you help
I TRIED TO INSTALL MICROSTUDIO V2.400 , EVERYTHING INSTALLS AND COMPUTER RE-STARTS UNTIL I CLICK MICROSTUDIO TO OPEN ADN GIVES ME AN ERROR, WHAT IS WNASPINT.DLL ? EVERYTHING WAS WORKING FINE UNTIL I STARTED THE NEW VERSION.PLEASE ADVISE MY SYSTEM IS XP.
Old April 8th, 2003, 07:39 PM

NINOBG,

Did you mean to write WINASPI.DLL instead of WNASPINT.DLL? Both names are valid, I just want to know which one you get in the message. They are somewhat related.

Jon
Old April 21st, 2003, 12:53 PM

micro studio v2.400

Thanks for replying JADDAMS, I MEANT WNASPINT.DLL.
Old July 15th, 2003, 11:13 AM

Plextor Drives Not Detected

I have a Plextor 40\12\40 burner. Originally I was running it on my old computer under Windows ME. I know have a new computer with Windows XP and Microstudio will not detect the Plextor drive. Yesterday I purchased the 2400 version of Microstudio so it would update my 2315 version. Do you think this will help? I called Plextor and then completely checked out my burner and there is nothing wrong with it. It must be in the Microstudio program. Can anyone help me with this. Thank you.

tazette79
Closed Thread