MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Hoster Software > Hoster Help

Hoster Help Post Hoster questions, tips and suggestions here.

Closed Thread

Old November 25th, 2018, 02:08 PM

I cant install Hoster

I deleted Hoster 541.05 from old computer Win 7. I opened new computer Win 10 Pro. I opened Google so the internet was opened. I doubled clicked the Hoster program to install it. Nothing happened?? I then closed Google and opened Internet Explorer and tried again to install Hoster. Nothing happened. I opened Google and then opened MTU.com. Again, Hoster will not install. I did backup my Hoster, Keyrite, MicroStudio and songverter files. I don\\\\\\\'t know why Hoster will not install. I don\\\\\\\'t want to mess with any of the other MTU programs until I get Hoster up and running. I have been having a LOT of trouble with my old computer. I don\\\\\\\'t know if it has anything to do with it. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Ernie

Last edited by Roy Dennis; November 25th, 2018 at 03:43 PM.
Old November 25th, 2018, 03:38 PM
Super Moderator

Re: I cant install Hoster

You say you deleted Hoster, you should not delete it, you should uninstall it while on line.
The proper way to uninstall Hoster or any MTU software is open Control Panel then Programs & features scroll down to Hoster, highlight it then select Uninstall making sure your connected to the internet. This would start the original .exe file, option would appear in that to uninstall.
Now if you did not uninstall from within that program you will not have freed up your registration to allow you to re install on new computer.
If you did deleted it there is a good chance you could recover it from the Recycle bin and then follow the instructions above.

Re installing, are you selecting your same version from the mtu.com upgrades page. if not hear is the link:
http://www.mtu.com/upgrades/hoster.htm

Click on get Hoster 54105 button then download the file.

Once downloaded find it (hoster541.05setup.exe) and start it.

Now if you cannot recover from where you deleted it or did not uninstall correctly it will probably tell you already installed on x amount of computers.
In which case you will have to submit that support ticket asking for a registration reset.
That can be found here: http://www.mtu.com/support/contact-us.htm#HelpTicket

One other tip if you manage to recover it from the recycle bin, before uninstalling If your version has the option from the Help menu select Backup/Restore then create a backup on an external device this will copy all your main settings (Not your actual music files) ready to restore on your new computer.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old November 25th, 2018, 06:41 PM

Roy,
That was what I did. Then when the picture I\'m going to send you came up, I clicked Remove instead of Upgrade. but wasn\'t able to install on the new computer.

Ernie
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture0001.jpg (73.4 KB, 5 views)
Old November 25th, 2018, 07:01 PM
Super Moderator

So that was how you removed it from your old computer, did it show a dialog saying something like “transmitting to MTU” before finishing ?

When you then run the Hoster541.05setup.exe on your new computer you then need to select Upgrade even though you are installing your original version.

If that\'s what you did, does nothing happen at all ?
Or does it go through the full process where you enter your registration details and againsee transmitting to MTU just before the end ?

If not what exactly happens ?
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old November 25th, 2018, 07:38 PM

Roy,
I GOT IT!! It did not say transmitting to MTU. It took the install from the mtu website. I don\\\'t know why it wouldn\\\'t take mine. As far as deleting the program, I meant I was eliminating it from my old computer. Right now I\\\'m having trouble in build song database trying to get D:\\\\KMA Files entered. I tried Add Folder/ Sub Folder. Nothing is working. I\\\'m trying to get D:\\\\KMA to the large box below so I can build the song database. Given enough time, I\\\'ll figure it out. Thank you sooo much Roy.

Ernie
Old December 2nd, 2018, 05:10 AM
Super Moderator

This thread is now closed
Closed Thread